Preliminary Tower of Pwnage Change [2nd Change Made]

2

Comments

  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    @Joel @xtmn8r @DB_Dillon @Veronica

    While making Tower changes, here's a suggestion to help ease a little of the saltiness...

    Give us gems for EVERY floor we complete of the Tower, instead of just Floors 3,6,9,12

    Examples:

    Floor 01 = 2.................... 1 gems
    Floor 02 = 3.................... 2 gems
    Floor 03 = 5.................... 2 gems
    Floor 04 = 10....................10 gems
    Floor 05 = 15.................... 15 gems
    Floor 06 = 20.................... 20 gems
    Floor 07 = 25.................... 25 gems
    Floor 08 = 30.................... 30 gems
    Floor 09 = 35.................... 35 gems
    Floor 10 = 40....................40 gems
    Floor 11 = 45.................... 45 gems
    Floor 12 = 50.................... 50 gems

    Total Gems= 280....................275 gems

    Would be VERY appreciated from us players. B)

    I think they should raise the gem prize back to 300 like it used to be considering this is almost as hard as tsume tower, but honestly I love this idea, Blizz make it happen please
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    Can you sell a magic potion that allows level 80 players go back to level 70.

    what good would it do?
    They'd just level back up to level 80 in 4 hours again.
  • danac wrote: »
    bvs72 wrote: »
    Can you sell a magic potion that allows level 80 players go back to level 70.

    what good would it do?
    They'd just level back up to level 80 in 4 hours again.

    But I'm still level 70...
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • I want the option to go back to lvl 1 but keep everything I have lol, like the Ratchet & Clank series does with challenge mode. Play the whole campaign over but in this case with challenge and boss modes unlocked and see how quick the lvling comes
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited June 21
    I call shenanigans. (I didn't finish tower - only one level of barbs but the floor 11 team...well..read on..)

    At floor 11 I met an at-level (71) Emily/Zomm/Gortusk/Agnon team.

    They wiped most of my roster out, including 2 bounces to desktop. At one point my shade possessed their Goretusk's zomminion, and then I retreated. to regroup. Came back in and the spot was blank. Then I went after their Emily, and of course her zomminion took her place. I either then retreated or team was killed, don't recall which.

    When I came back in again, Emily's zomminion was gone and Goretusk was back (with his taunt.) When I killed goretusk of course his zomminion was back with its taunt. They wore down my last viable team, and then I got my 2nd bounce to desktop, so just gave up.

    Had this not happened, there is a chance that my last team -might- have beaten them and the tower.

    That tower attempt took way too long, only to fail at the very last team. I even beat the one (+4 above level) barb team.

    I can't figure out why, but I just can't seem to damage some enemies fast enough. In that last team I didn't even get a chance to target their Agnon.

    This is the tower. At the hardest team at top is where I am least likely to muster the resources needed to beat it.

    I will try again tomorrow before again just writing the whole thing off again.

    (one of the floors was several (10?) rounds against their Hansuke...interesting change...gonna have to take a look at him.)
    Post edited by sirtainly on
  • Short_FuseShort_Fuse Member
    edited June 21
    The problem is that when you get teams above your level, usually they come way too powerful for you... im level 68 and today i faced a full beast team 5 levels above me. All of them were 6 stars with ultra and elite runes... how do you even counter that when you dont even have that kind of firepower? I mean... i dont see how this can work while we keep seeing those heavily runed teams on every floor.... especially when they out level you by that much. Their solaris burn killed my zomm with 13k hp in 1 turn... what the hell...
  • Short_Fuse wrote: »
    The problem is that when you get teams above your level, usually they come way too powerful for you... im level 68 and today i faced a full beast team 5 levels above me. All of them were 6 stars with ultra and elite runes... how do you even counter that when you dont even have that kind of firepower? I mean... i dont see how this can work while we keep seeing those heavily runed teams on every floor.... especially when they out level you by that much. Their solaris burn killed my zomm with 13k hp in 1 turn... what the hell...

    That Solaris must of had a lot of skill/attack
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • BryanBryan Member
    If a change was made to affect those with a high level / roster power, then I noticed it this morning.
    Bryan79
    Potato Society
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited June 21
    I just generated/started a new tower.

    First floor, first round, the opposing team (65&66) took out my 14K greater/superior runed bromm(71). My shade also fell during the fight but it took awhile and I might have been able to mitigate that had I been more careful.

    When the first team is 6 levels below you and can take out your heroes first round, its rather disheartening.

    There are factors hidden here, that are making a great deal of difference.
  • I summon Exodia The FORBIDDEN RUNE!
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • A 25 gem tower refresh (where you keep none of the progess, but gain a fresh roster and a different line-up) could be a temporary fix to the problem.
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
    Happy to share my knowledge with anyone that listens
  • And having trouble with the current PvP and tower? Join us in the Potato Army, and our interactive chats are sure to help you out!
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
    Happy to share my knowledge with anyone that listens
  • morillimorilli Member
    edited June 22
    I summon Exodia The FORBIDDEN RUNE!

    I can just hear that voice in my head right now! "Go Exodia! Obliterate!"

    But back on topic, The tower and PVP should be based around what team your bring to the fight. I understand this will require a complete rework of the tower and pvp. It needs to happen. There should never be a situation where there is an opposing team that so totally outclasses you that your dead before your really get started. 6 Levels above you with elite and ultra runes? Come on! That's like fighting a tank (real life tanks) with a butter knife.
  • morilli wrote: »
    I summon Exodia The FORBIDDEN RUNE!
    The tower and PVP should be based around what team your bring to the fight. I understand this will require a complete rework of the tower and pvp. It needs to happen. There should never be a situation where there is an opposing team that so totally outclasses you that your dead before your really get started. 6 Levels above you with elite and ultra runes? Come on! That's like fighting a tank (real life tanks) with a butter knife.

    For me, it seems that the higher levels of the tower and pvp are providing me teams that are derived from people who have better runes than me, have likely spent more real $$$ than me, and have access to better information about team synergy than I do.

    I can get with my guild to close the information gap - but the others I can't do much about right now.

    I don't have the patience, time or runes to come up with more than 2 or three teams to handle various situations, nor is that fun for me.

    I strongly suspect I am not alone.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    GingeNinja wrote: »
    A 25 gem tower refresh (where you keep none of the progess, but gain a fresh roster and a different line-up) could be a temporary fix to the problem.

    Excellent idea!
    @Joel @xtmn8r @DB_Dillon @DB_Dave @Veronica
  • ZWendyZWendy Member
    edited June 23
    Tried to take a video of this happening but I failed.

    I’ll start with saying by the time I got to this floor I had no good heroes left to send in because I am level 71 and had already faced 6 all barb teams that were well above my level.

    Shade immediately linked every time I entered this floor.
    Then possessed one of the dead characters, who wiped out my team.
    Next round shade linked immediately and then possessed one of the dead characters, etc.
    Over and over until entire roster was wiped out.

    I see other people with this same shade issue and I am respectfully asking you to fix this. @Joel
    Also, I’m really not seeing any easier towers since the “quick fix.”
    I usually manage to beat them, but this one was too much with the shade bug.

    dhifxuq1waob.png
    Post edited by ZWendy on
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
    The Tatar Squad
  • Did they take it off, I'm getting my bad towers again, I can barely even handle 2 barb floors... I think I only got to floor 4 this time round.
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
  • @ZWendy this bug is utterly demoralizing.

    I’ve noticed that Shade’s abilities that last several turns (Spirit Link, Possession) become available again if they don’t end normally. However, if you survive a round before your team dies, the next time he uses his ability it will last 1 turn less.

    It’s as if his abilities become partially used.
  • WasiWasi Member
    Level 11 Agnon, Emily, GT, Ferno.
    Took me three rounds of losing heros before I realised that Agnon's starting taunt was just a visual error.
    Finally managed to kill GT so I could focus on Emily next round of defense.
    Reenter to find a fully healed GT back in action.
    Lose remaining heros.
    Shake fist at iPhone.
    Head back to PvP to try and win some 'easy' far left level 75 matchmaking with my new 1 star hero for event quest.
    ---
    The Potato Army
  • Got to floor 11...lost 2 primary teams getting there and the at-level barb team ripped through the rest of my roster.

    I couldn't damage their Balog (apaprently with Tank Rune?) more than about 30% and of course he came back full each round.

    Almost. considering giving up on tower for awhile.
  • Short_FuseShort_Fuse Member
    edited June 25
    I am level 68. Today i went into the 5th floor against a beast team around level 56 or so. First try their grog nog one shotted all of my 4 guys... lost zomm....tried again with my backup ferno team. They killed ferno on the first round and killed everyone else afterwards...something is still way off with the tower... sometimes i just cant seem to scratch heroes 10-12 levels below me... first team heroes were sitting at 1300 rune power average second @ 800ish.... how is this possible? Is the math with the runes wrong or what? I don´t ever get hit this hard in pvp. Did i just get unlucky and faced the best runed team ever or are some teams double dipping into rune stats or what?

    A couple days ago a solaris one shotted my zomm too... maybe the math is off with beast teams? i have no clue... Guess my superior runes arent good enough to face the tower teams 12 levels below me...
  • danacdanac Member

    This should not be happening if you have superior runes. they can't be outgunning you.




  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited June 25
    Lost another tower yesterday - lost my solaris on floor 3 and my zomm on floor 7 with a +2 and a +3 above level beast team to go it was hopeless.

    (I admit thats unusually early, even for me, to lose zomm and solaris. Still unsure how Zomm fell so quickly.)

    I'm at 72...can't wait to get to 80 where I suspect I will stop getting +3 overlevel beast teams.

    DB shoots itself in its own foot if it penalizes you for roster power.
  • Your in luck unhappy tower-goers! I will hopefully be starting a new PvP/tower support thread with testing help from PA
    Level 71 in the almighty Potato Army!
    Happy to share my knowledge with anyone that listens
  • YykkilYykkil Member
    Since the change I have been seeing about 4-5 barbarian team floors vs the previous 5-6. In other words no significant difference.
    9807918
  • xandrew29xandrew29 Member
    edited June 30
    sirtainly wrote: »
    Lost another tower yesterday - lost my solaris on floor 3 and my zomm on floor 7 with a +2 and a +3 above level beast team to go it was hopeless.

    (I admit thats unusually early, even for me, to lose zomm and solaris. Still unsure how Zomm fell so quickly.)

    I'm at 72...can't wait to get to 80 where I suspect I will stop getting +3 overlevel beast teams.

    DB shoots itself in its own foot if it penalizes you for roster power.

    Come on. You should know by now that LEVELS mean almost nothing. I'm level 71 and beat level 78 teams in PvP and in the Tower.

    It's all about Runes and Stars. 6* heroes get a 100% boost to all their base AND rune stats (meaning double), while 5* heroes only get a 60% boost.

    A level 58 beast team at 6* is going to be much more difficult than a 5* team.

    Since the change I have had a nine, yes NINE barb floor tower. Guess what? I beat it. Once you bait Balog, you can come in with GT Agnon Solaris(key) and Ferno. Basically the PvP squad but swap Solaris for Emily. Why? Ferno gives an extra energy/round to fliers.

    I've beaten 6 and 7 barb floor towers where I've lost Ferno, Solaris and Zomm. I was reduced to using Torchy to 1st round silence folks.

    What I suspect is that many of you either don't plan well, or are making reckless decisions based off of things like levels. If you're on these forums, you should know enough to know that levels are meaningless when it comes to PvP and therefore the Tower. Don't use 4 hero bait teams if you don't have to in the Tower. Understand that the Furnace by itself will soak up 5 attacks, and that Ponti and Icebloom can soak 2. Sifu now starts with that invicible aura. Ekko can eat 1 full barb round and there's nothing they can do about it. Don't use your Barb killers on non-barb floors unless you're absolutely sure (like don't be an idiot and take a GT Sol Ferno team vs. a dark team with Hopper).

    My 9 barb floor tower ended with me having EIGHTEEN (18) heroes left.

    I don't pay to win, I'm only VIP 3, having bought a few stamina and gem packs along the way, and 1 boost during a PvP event awhile back. My total roster power is only about 350,000. I only have about a 15-18 heroes with superior and greater runes, and I think I have all of 1 or 2 elite runes.

    I do, however, have over 40 6* heroes and plan my tower. I'm in the top 500 in lifetime PvP trophies and have been playing for about 15 months.

    It's annoying to hear people complain incessantly about the tower. There's a way to beat Barbs, it's clear as day. There are only 11 floors. You have 70 heroes. You can basically budget 5 bait heroes/floor and still have 15 "good" heroes to play around with. That's more than enough. Don't blame the game for you not planning ahead.

    Sorry for the rant, but the whining on this forum has reached unbearable levels.
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited July 1
    xandrew29 wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »
    Lost another tower yesterday - lost my solaris on floor 3 and my zomm on floor 7 with a +2 and a +3 above level beast team to go it was hopeless.

    (I admit thats unusually early, even for me, to lose zomm and solaris. Still unsure how Zomm fell so quickly.)

    I'm at 72...can't wait to get to 80 where I suspect I will stop getting +3 overlevel beast teams.

    DB shoots itself in its own foot if it penalizes you for roster power.

    Come on. You should know by now that LEVELS mean almost nothing. I'm level 71 and beat level 78 teams in PvP and in the Tower.

    It's all about Runes and Stars. 6* heroes get a 100% boost to all their base AND rune stats (meaning double), while 5* heroes only get a 60% boost.

    A level 58 beast team at 6* is going to be much more difficult than a 5* team.

    Since the change I have had a nine, yes NINE barb floor tower. Guess what? I beat it. Once you bait Balog, you can come in with GT Agnon Solaris(key) and Ferno. Basically the PvP squad but swap Solaris for Emily. Why? Ferno gives an extra energy/round to fliers.

    I've beaten 6 and 7 barb floor towers where I've lost Ferno, Solaris and Zomm. I was reduced to using Torchy to 1st round silence folks.

    What I suspect is that many of you either don't plan well, or are making reckless decisions based off of things like levels. If you're on these forums, you should know enough to know that levels are meaningless when it comes to PvP and therefore the Tower. Don't use 4 hero bait teams if you don't have to in the Tower. Understand that the Furnace by itself will soak up 5 attacks, and that Ponti and Icebloom can soak 2. Sifu now starts with that invicible aura. Ekko can eat 1 full barb round and there's nothing they can do about it. Don't use your Barb killers on non-barb floors unless you're absolutely sure (like don't be an idiot and take a GT Sol Ferno team vs. a dark team with Hopper).

    My 9 barb floor tower ended with me having EIGHTEEN (18) heroes left.

    I don't pay to win, I'm only VIP 3, having bought a few stamina and gem packs along the way, and 1 boost during a PvP event awhile back. My total roster power is only about 350,000. I only have about a 15-18 heroes with superior and greater runes, and I think I have all of 1 or 2 elite runes.

    I do, however, have over 40 6* heroes and plan my tower. I'm in the top 500 in lifetime PvP trophies and have been playing for about 15 months.

    It's annoying to hear people complain incessantly about the tower. There's a way to beat Barbs, it's clear as day. There are only 11 floors. You have 70 heroes. You can basically budget 5 bait heroes/floor and still have 15 "good" heroes to play around with. That's more than enough. Don't blame the game for you not planning ahead.

    Sorry for the rant, but the whining on this forum has reached unbearable levels.

    Before the level cap raise I could do 10 barb teams per tower. Now that I am getting teams higher level and elite runed some of my methods no longer work, especially with +4 teams.

    You have provided some useful information in your reply. If you would care to elaborate specifically on what techniques to use against barb teams in this environment that would be must helpful. Bear in mind that I lose critical heroes quickly, so please list backup strategies and backup heroes.

    Whining about whining won't help. Specific information will. I have all heroes FA and most 6* and runed greater/superior. My roster power is around 400K+ (I think, haven't looked recently) I am ready to proceed with any additional strategies you suggest since my old methods won't work well again until I reach 80.

    My biggest problem has actually been that I lose a critical hero on a NON barb opponent, often due to one hero who appears to be invincible, for reasons I don't understand.

    Perhaps also if you shared how you rune each of your heroes it would give a better idea of when to rune defensively and when to rune offensively, and how much skill to provide each hero.

    I am willing to do a certain amount of planning, but there is a limit. I am not up for a game of chess when I play a mobile game to escape life, and I can't always afford 60-90 minutes each day for a measly 275 gems.

    I may just not be as good at DB as you. I can live with that. I'm good at plenty of other things.
    Post edited by sirtainly on
  • danacdanac Member
    "bait" teams for the tower.

    [1] All constructs. Best used on barbarian teams lower levels then you are, simply because they last longer. This team is designed to fail, but with all of them starting with damage reflection, they can severely weaken a barn team ad use their specials. Sometimes at +3 levels above the defense they will clear the floor.
    [2] Assassins. They function best at equal level teams. They can easily clear one floor, often they will survive to do 2-3, leaving whichever floor they die on severely weakened.

    then there are alternative offensive teams, to be used after bait. These include reptiles and a ferno/koros team. The last should be used wisely, ferno is a key component for several other teams, including non barbarian teams.

    Note also they have fixed the barbarians triggering Unbridled rage every time you enter. So if you trigger it once, you can send in a mop up team of fast heroes to kill those who were triggered.

    I have never had 9 floors of barbarians, but I sometimes get 6. And I don't usually use the Emily/Solaris Agnon team mentioned above. Instead I use those teams above, saving Shade/barbarians or Shade/Zomm for a floor.









  • danac wrote: »
    "bait" teams for the tower.

    [1] All constructs. Best used on barbarian teams lower levels then you are, simply because they last longer. This team is designed to fail, but with all of them starting with damage reflection, they can severely weaken a barn team ad use their specials. Sometimes at +3 levels above the defense they will clear the floor.
    [2] Assassins. They function best at equal level teams. They can easily clear one floor, often they will survive to do 2-3, leaving whichever floor they die on severely weakened.

    then there are alternative offensive teams, to be used after bait. These include reptiles and a ferno/koros team. The last should be used wisely, ferno is a key component for several other teams, including non barbarian teams.

    Note also they have fixed the barbarians triggering Unbridled rage every time you enter. So if you trigger it once, you can send in a mop up team of fast heroes to kill those who were triggered.

    I have never had 9 floors of barbarians, but I sometimes get 6. And I don't usually use the Emily/Solaris Agnon team mentioned above. Instead I use those teams above, saving Shade/barbarians or Shade/Zomm for a floor.
    Don’t forget Ekko. I like to save him for a top floor barb team to clear out first abilities.
2
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com