Deadeye's Redemption!

13»

Comments

• Sorry to be saying this here but when sometimes by barbs are hit they don't gain rage i do not know if it is a glitch
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Barbs have to take damage from a direct attack to gain rage. For example, if they have Unbridled Rage active, they won't gain rage from being hit. I think that's intended.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    Stinky wrote: »
    Barbs have to take damage from a direct attack to gain rage. For example, if they have Unbridled Rage active, they won't gain rage from being hit. I think that's intended.

That's not what the passive Rage description says. Gains rage when hit by enemies. Says nothing about having to be a direct attack (whatever that means), or that they have to take damage from the hit.

It is of course possible, if not probable, that the wording is incorrect or misleading. They could drop the 'by enemies" (unless hits from your own teammate when charmed don't count) and use the space for greater clarification.

The description could be "Gains rage when damage is taken", if that is how it actually works.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited July 7
    Barleyman wrote: »

That's not what the passive Rage description says. Gains rage when hit by enemies. Says nothing about having to be a direct attack (whatever that means), or that they have to take damage from the hit.

It is of course possible, if not probable, that the wording is incorrect or misleading. They could drop the 'by enemies" (unless hits from your own teammate when charmed don't count) and use the space for greater clarification.

The description could be "Gains rage when damage is taken", if that is how it actually works.
    Oh aye, the description doesn't say that. Unbridled Rage didn't say that a barbs' fear immunity only lasted until UR was used up, either, but that turned out to be working as intended and not a bug. I'm not the official word and I'm entirely guessing as to whether it's deliberate.

I say "direct attack" because of the odd attack like Lily's vines that have both an immediate damage component, and then a damage per round component. When Lily initially casts her vines the barbs get a stack of rage, but I don't think they get rage each time the vines strangle them. Then again, I don't usually use Lily or Mangle Jaw against barbs, so I could be wrong on this count.
  • LafooteLafoote Member
    edited July 7
    One more word regarding these two week events. I am positively starved for Evos and Gold now. During these events all the trigger points on the special islands give tickets instead of the normal payload per each island, dramatically reducing available replenishment. I can’t speak for anyone else, but when I spend 20 energy to run evo island, I want the evos, not more tickets that I could get just as easily, for less energy, and in greater quantity on an epic island. During these events I’d really like to see evo, gold, and XP islands without the sparklies being replaced by lanterns or whatever the gimmick is for the event.
  • morillimorilli Member
    Buddyv2013 wrote: »
    Sorry to be saying this here but when sometimes by barbs are hit they don't gain rage i do not know if it is a glitch

Then only time I have seen Abigail fail to gain rage is when she is frozen.

Barbs gain rage from a all sorts of indirect damage as well as direct. Do not DOT barbs. It only stacks rage faster. I love it when Abigail is either poisoned or on fire. She gets pissed in a hurry. I start hearing the Mortal Kombat announcer in my head "Finish him!" "Fatality".
    Lafoote wrote: »
    One more word regarding these two week events. I am positively starved for Evos and Gold now. During these events all the trigger points on the special islands give tickets instead of the normal payload per each island, dramatically reducing available replenishment. I can’t speak for anyone else, but when I spend 20 energy to run evo island, I want the evos, not more tickets that I could get just as easily, for less energy, and in greater quantity on an epic island. During these events I’d really like to see evo, gold, and XP islands without the sparklies being replaced by lanterns or whatever the gimmick is for the event.

Not sure if it was just your bad luck or a conspiracy to prevent you from receiving gold and evos but I never had a problem with Evo or gold island during this event.

• StinkyStinky Member
    edited July 10
    morilli wrote: »

Barbs gain rage from a all sorts of indirect damage as well as direct. Do not DOT barbs. It only stacks rage faster. I love it when Abigail is either poisoned or on fire. She gets pissed in a hurry. I start hearing the Mortal Kombat announcer in my head "Finish him!" "Fatality".
    I stand corrected then, I didn't think poison/normal burn increased rage. I'm sure the Unbridled Rage thing is true though, I've punched many barbs in the face when UB is active and they'd gain no rage.

Edit: Okay, for the record, burning/poison will increase rage, but shock damage doesn't increase a barbarian's rage.
    Post edited by Stinky on
  • morillimorilli Member
    edited July 10

I stand corrected then, I didn't think poison/normal burn increased rage. I'm sure the Unbridled Rage thing is true though, I've punched many barbs in the face when UB is active and they'd gain no rage.

Edit: Okay, for the record, burning/poison will increase rage, but shock damage doesn't increase a barbarian's rage.

Really? Shock Damage does not increase rage? That doesn't make much sense. I am not doubting you. I can't say I ever remember any barb I have getting shocked. I would imagine the code for shock is rather similar to poison. Not really keen on finding out mind you. Worried something bad will happen if I do.

Oh and the think about not gain rage while Unbridled Rage is active makes perfect sense. Essential while that ability is active they take no damage thus the rage counter can't increase. I wonder, can you poison or burn barbs while Unbridled Rage is active? Would they die the next round as soon as they took fire or poison damage?
  • morilli wrote: »

Oh and the think about not gain rage while Unbridled Rage is active makes perfect sense. Essential while that ability is active they take no damage thus the rage counter can't increase. I wonder, can you poison or burn barbs while Unbridled Rage is active? Would they die the next round as soon as they took fire or poison damage?

In my experience, they do die.
    Level: 73
    Position: Officer of Evil Inc
    Favorite Hero: Ekko
    "Once you have accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you."
  • RocksorRocksor Member

Really? Shock Damage does not increase rage? That doesn't make much sense. I am not doubting you. I can't say I ever remember any barb I have getting shocked. I would imagine the code for shock is rather similar to poison. Not really keen on finding out mind you. Worried something bad will happen if I do.

Barbs can die the 2nd round if they are on fire or poisoned. I don't recall them ever getting burned/poisoned while UR is on already. I think the debuffs have to stick before UR kicks in.
  • StinkyStinky Member

I guess the whole shock-not-increasing rage is down to balance since a lucky shock-chain can bounce all over the shop. If that barb team I faced in the tower had gotten a rage per shock then the enemy Drakk, Abi and Balog would have hit full rage before the end of the first turn. No thanks. :)

You can more safely see this if you run the barbs through the various Boss Island dungeons. On the green and red ones they'll start each fight with a rage once they inevitably get poisoned/burnt, but when Balog is hit when shocked in the yellow dungeon, the other barbs on the team won't gain rage from the following cascade. Make sure to brutally murder any yellow Jabbers and Hansukes; the Jabbers don't seem to respect taunt, while the Hansukes will purge it, which are annoying behaviours when testing stuff out.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    VIP Summons currently open to all players (even VIP0 / f2p) until tomorrow's midday reset. So if you used a gold key to get the 5 summons now would be a good time to use them.
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 71 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • danacdanac Member

I guess the whole shock-not-increasing rage is down to balance since a lucky shock-chain can bounce all over the shop. If that barb team I faced in the tower had gotten a rage per shock then the enemy Drakk, Abi and Balog would have hit full rage before the end of the first turn. No thanks. :)

You can more safely see this if you run the barbs through the various Boss Island dungeons. On the green and red ones they'll start each fight with a rage once they inevitably get poisoned/burnt, but when Balog is hit when shocked in the yellow dungeon, the other barbs on the team won't gain rage from the following cascade. Make sure to brutally murder any yellow Jabbers and Hansukes; the Jabbers don't seem to respect taunt, while the Hansukes will purge it, which are annoying behaviours when testing stuff out.

shock is damage from teammates. that's probably the difference, it behaves differently than enemy damage for other things too.
    I thought UR didn't prevent burn/etc from applying, but I'm not sure.

• StinkyStinky Member
    danac wrote: »

shock is damage from teammates. that's probably the difference, it behaves differently than enemy damage for other things too.
    I thought UR didn't prevent burn/etc from applying, but I'm not sure.

Makes sense!
  • morillimorilli Member
    Something still ain't adding up here with Shock. I mean they take, barbs, damage from shock. Why wouldn't rage increase? The tool tip just says something to the effect of rage increasing when they take damage. I have seen odd behavior from shocked heroes. I can't say I fully understand how it works. Maybe we need to get a official description of its behavior from @Joel .
  • morilli wrote: »
    Something still ain't adding up here with Shock. I mean they take, barbs, damage from shock. Why wouldn't rage increase? The tool tip just says something to the effect of rage increasing when they take damage. I have seen odd behavior from shocked heroes. I can't say I fully understand how it works. Maybe we need to get a official description of its behavior from @Joel .

I think Shock damage is messed up. For a couple of weeks at least in PvP Agnon, Emily and Furnace have been immune to Shock/lightning damage, whether direct from an enemy of spread from an ally. Other cnonstructs (or heroes with construct-like skills) may be affected too, I just don't see them in PvP.

I've just been working round it, but with so many people observing that there's something not working right I think it is indeed time for the designers to take a look at this and give us an answer as to what is happening.
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    I think Shock damage is messed up. For a couple of weeks at least in PvP Agnon, Emily and Furnace have been immune to Shock/lightning damage, whether direct from an enemy of spread from an ally. Other constructs (or heroes with construct-like skills) may be affected too, I just don't see them in PvP.

I noticed the people that have immunity to at least shock are also immune to all lightning damage, and like @Barleyman said I've worked around it, but I don't think it makes much sense. My guess is that they are immune to the debuff shock, and since it shocks people on the team with the person immune, they wanted to avoid confusion by making that hero immune to the splash damage as well, and the easiest way to do that was to make them lightning immune.

I honestly don't care that it's like that, I just think it might be better if it said they were immune in the passive's description.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited July 12
    Emily's not immune to lightning damage. I have a replay of someone trying to raid my dungeon only to get their Emily fried by my Agnon's Terrorstorm. It's a construct-wide thing that I've just assumed is intentional, because it's been present ever since I started playing back in January. I remember seeing my Stone Fist be resistant to Ekko's storm back in the lower levels and being surprised, but just rolling with it ever since.

Edit: I managed to get a snapshot of Emily getting zapped. For some reason the Camera program that comes with Windows 10 allows me to take photos with my webcam, but gives me an error every time I try to record a video with it. Grr.

805kg28n5fe5.jpg
    Post edited by Stinky on
  • That's interesting. Everyone with the "Impervious" trait is immune to lightning damage, yet it's not listed on the tooltip, so I assumed it was apart of shock.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    I played a match a minute ago against a team with Ekko on and I think Electrical Storm has its own issues. Agnon takes no damage from an Electrical Storm because he's lightning immune, and Emily takes no damage from Electrical Storm because she's...light immune? Bwuh? I think we might be seeing the result of multiple bugs overlapping.

13»