Why do you hate light?

Seriously what do you have against the light team DB?

In the 500+ days I have played:

Red got Koros and Solaris
Dark got Hopper and Agnon
Green got Lily, Ferno, Drakk
Blue got Grog Gnog and Gore Tusk (we pretend not to know Kreel)

All powerful heroes who changed the meta and are still in use.

Light got: Bauble, Marrow and now a paedophile looking guy with a bow who's smaller than a dwarf. Not only are these three guys useless, they are neither cool nor fun.

In fairness you upgraded Emily to the alpha tier, and the assassins to a barbarian counter team (not that one was needed, GT + freezer +koros/ferno worked just great). But you also sledgehammer nerfed MK to uselessness.

I can see only three possible ways of redemption:

1: Release uber powerful light attack runes to ensure that the light rouges can at least deal some damage.

2: Re-work Aria as a truly legendary assassin/honorbound team leader.

3. Make the next hero light as well (they are behind in number anyway) and make it the light messiah we thought Deadeye would be.
Make Reptiles Great Again!

Comments

• watermelonewatermelone Member
    edited July 7
    I actually made a forum post called"new light hero idea REMASTERED" about a new light dragon that should be added to the game cause ferno is lonely and there are only 14 light heroes. Also you just OBLITERATED deadeye.
  • These are all very true, they really need to rework Aria and a new hero would be cool.
  • Scroom407Scroom407 Member
    You might not have been around but BD and Kira dominated pvp for ages, and with their changes they’re set up to do so again. Emily is crazy useful now, and bauble dominated the meta so much they had to literally change how the game worked to bring him out of it. They haven’t gotten a meta shattering attacker lately, but the new hero is a good sign that they’re trying to do better with the whole “you absolutely need this new hero to stay relevant” thing that’s been the case lately. Leo with Solaris is still alive in the current meta too. Also keeping in tune with the rpg logic the game is based on, yellow really isn’t supposed to be a crazy strong attacker anyways. Every color should not be good at everything. That all being said, they’ve gotten better at redoing bad heroes to be unique and useful, so hopefully they do that with Zen and Marrow.

TLDR; yellow heroes are supposed to be supports and healers, and they excel at that. If you want a strong attacker, invest in BD or Kira.
  • Scroom407 wrote: »
    You might not have been around but BD and Kira dominated pvp for ages, and with their changes they’re set up to do so again. Emily is crazy useful now, and bauble dominated the meta so much they had to literally change how the game worked to bring him out of it. They haven’t gotten a meta shattering attacker lately, but the new hero is a good sign that they’re trying to do better with the whole “you absolutely need this new hero to stay relevant” thing that’s been the case lately. Leo with Solaris is still alive in the current meta too. Also keeping in tune with the rpg logic the game is based on, yellow really isn’t supposed to be a crazy strong attacker anyways. Every color should not be good at everything. That all being said, they’ve gotten better at redoing bad heroes to be unique and useful, so hopefully they do that with Zen and Marrow.

TLDR; yellow heroes are supposed to be supports and healers, and they excel at that. If you want a strong attacker, invest in BD or Kira.

I think they should focus green to be healer, yellow to tank and lessen the healing focus, red is obviously damage, dark is all around and blue... can do something, maybe support because freezes and kai, etc...
  • In my research i have concluded that fire is for atk, water is for def, nature is for god knows what, light is for everything and dark is just an OP wild card
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Scroom407 wrote: »

While the elements have their various flavours - red for damage, blue for defense, etc. - they still seem designed to cover all roles. Solaris is a red healer, Furnace is a red tank. Grog is a blue damage dealer. I still haven't come across any light heroes that don't hit like wet noodles so I'm starting to think they're like the Loch Ness Monster and simply don't exist.

If light heroes are meant to do no damage then at least change the Magnified Light debuff that Leo and Emily apply to Nerve Damage or something, and give BD's Blade Storm some sort of utility.
  • hatredhatred Member
    In my research i have concluded that fire is for atk, water is for def, nature is for god knows what, light is for everything and dark is just an OP wild card
    The traits of each of the colors is pretty obvious when you look at their starter heroes and top meta staples.

Red- aoe damage+Support
    Rogar does aoe damage and can buff. Meta heroes like Solaris and Abigail help the team and aoe

Blue- Defense and debuffs
    Yasmin and stonefist are defensive heroes and fist does lots of debuffs. Goretusk is very defensive and grog+goretusk debuff

Green- buffs and synergy
    Willow self buffs with evasive shot, and buffs green with her passive. Lily, Ferno, and Drakk can also buff their teams and Ferno+drakk are reliant of buffs to perform. Every green hero wants to be on a tailor made team (lily is good enough to be standalone but she is way better with Ferno).

Black- single target burst damage and utility
    Shadowblade has ridiculous single target burst and offers utility with disease, team dodge. Black staples like zomm, agnon, shade have tons of burst and zomm, shade, Balog offer lots of utility in their kits

White- defense and support
    White has no starter hero but every hero generally follows this trend. Even the assasins are tanky because of dodge and buff eachother.

• Don't forget when Zen was THE support hero to use in PvP. Like Masuta Kira, they downgraded Zen to be less useful.
  • morillimorilli Member
    Stinky wrote: »
    ... I still haven't come across any light heroes that don't hit like wet noodles so I'm starting to think they're like the Loch Ness Monster and simply don't exist...

You take that back! You are hurting Nessies feelings. Don't listen to the bad person Nessie. I know your real!

On a serious note I would like to see another light hero that is not some 1 trick pony. Solaris has Rez. GT is a fast taunter (annoying git that he is). Leo doesn't even know what his trick is without Solaris along to give him a purpose. Agnon is just plain murder incarnate but only on 1 person. Grog is another 1 trick pony. We need something different. I would like to see an all around DPS character that basically puts the fear of god into the barbs and beasties. So that all three of its abilities are something to be concerned over. None of this "Oh I survived the first attack, whew! MY TURN!" where slaughter your opponent. I want "Oh I survived?! Attack! Uh oh! I think I pissed him off!" Maybe a yellow version of the Hulk! Hulk Smash!
  • Grog, one trick? He's an all around DPS character...
  • morilli wrote: »
    Stinky wrote: »
    ... I still haven't come across any light heroes that don't hit like wet noodles so I'm starting to think they're like the Loch Ness Monster and simply don't exist...

You take that back! You are hurting Nessies feelings. Don't listen to the bad person Nessie. I know your real!

On a serious note I would like to see another light hero that is not some 1 trick pony. Solaris has Rez. GT is a fast taunter (annoying git that he is). Leo doesn't even know what his trick is without Solaris along to give him a purpose. Agnon is just plain murder incarnate but only on 1 person. Grog is another 1 trick pony. We need something different. I would like to see an all around DPS character that basically puts the fear of god into the barbs and beasties. So that all three of its abilities are something to be concerned over. None of this "Oh I survived the first attack, whew! MY TURN!" where slaughter your opponent. I want "Oh I survived?! Attack! Uh oh! I think I pissed him off!" Maybe a yellow version of the Hulk! Hulk Smash!

I've been waiting for this moment my entire life. If you don't want one trick ponies then i came up with a hero idea that can give enemies SHOCK AND BURN,she can REVIVE HERSELF(only for 1 turn) and MAKES EKKO LOOK LIKE A MARSHMALLOW. Basically i made a hero that is a a dragon version of ekko who is also a girl. If you want to know more go to "new light hero idea REMASTERED" and i would make a link if i could but i don't know how