Rune Slot Indicators for those of us having trouble with colors...

Quality of life improvement suggestion for color blind users.

May I suggest labels to indicate which rune slots belong to which type (light, dark, etc.) by some form of indication, say symbols to the side of the runes, or inside each slot, or any other suitable pleasing display? Those of us with some form of color blindness can't tell if a slot is for a LIFE rune, a DARK rune, etc.

Its true that when we tap on an empty slot and scroll down past all our current runes to CREATE RUNE the appropriate color comes up, but it would be a lot easier and the game would be a lot more fun if we could look at a rune slot and know our options right there.

"1 in 12 people have some sort of color deficiency. When you're designing for the web, this means that 1 in 12 people might not be able to see your site. That's alot of people."

(That does not include other forms of visual impairment and us nearsighted geezers have time to spend money on mobile games.)
Tagged:

Comments

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We actually have indicators already. There are symbols inside the sockets, and all the runes have the same shape on them as well. That said, if the contrast isn't significant enough to see, I'll speak with someone about having that changed.

6fnmgrrpc0bn.png
    lmsiq2hnd1u8.png
    ww02xullk8ke.png
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited July 2
    Joel wrote: »
    We actually have indicators already. There are symbols inside the sockets, and all the runes have the same shape on them as well. That said, if the contrast isn't significant enough to see, I'll speak with someone about having that changed.

6fnmgrrpc0bn.png
    lmsiq2hnd1u8.png
    ww02xullk8ke.png

Wow Joel! That's great! I apologize. I just looked, and there they are! I'd been meaning to ask for so long that I didn't doublecheck before leaving this comment. Shame on me.

I could have sworn those weren't there the last time I looked. Maybe I had my device brightness too low, or maybe I just didn't see them clearly. Either way, if you could please ask that the contrast on those symbols be increased just a little bit it would help even more.

Of course some of the responsibility lies with us the user to choose proper device display settings to suit our own situation, but your help is greatly appreciated.

(I have a tendancy to keep my brightness settings lower both to save battery bower and to cut down on glare - I wish there was a separate contrast setting on the device (ipad).
  • danacdanac Member
    sirtainly wrote: »

(I have a tendancy to keep my brightness settings lower both to save battery bower and to cut down on glare - I wish there was a separate contrast setting on the device (ipad).

I hate it when my tablet glares at me.

I keep apologizing but it doesn't work.

[and yes those symbols have been there all along]

• sirtainlysirtainly Member
    danac wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »

I hate it when my tablet glares at me.

I keep apologizing but it doesn't work.

[and yes those symbols have been there all along]

Maybe if you wear a bow-tie and a funny hat your tablet won't recognize you.