Introducing Black Diamond's Epic: Crusader Blade

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
3aj05pfvdhl8.png

Black Diamond has finished forging her Epic weapon and is ready to take it for a spin! This sleek, deadly set of blades that will also help sharpen the blades of her allies!

The Crusader Blade increases Black Diamond's max health, defense, and attack. It also gives her a chance to buff her team's crit damage by 50% and then do a melee physical attack on target enemy for 2x damage, not counting the potential damage from the crit buff. If you use runes to increase her crit chance, she'll be more likely to deal massive amounts of damage to her target!
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• UratohUratoh Member
    edited July 5
    Ok, got it already, trying her out. Currently her epic has partially changed her basic attacks to Ranged, and this can be confirmed by Deadeye's 1 making her attack the target as if she were ranged. At the same time, she is still triggering 'contact' effects, such as the golem boss in The Vault's 'chance to burn melee attackers' trait. She's operating as some kind of hybrid weirdness here.

Incidentally, I was already using her before this, and the HP being the main stat is MASSIVELY appreciated. My main concern is that an epic proc will cancel out Surprise Technique, and I actually rely on that Off-Balance from her in some fights.

Edit: I got her epic to proc on a target that lived. it does, indeed, cancel out Surprise Technique as this is an Epic Attack and not a Basic Attack. This is actually really, really upsetting. saaadsassin.
  • LafooteLafoote Member
    Theoretically, BD/Goblins could be a lot of fun if the gobbies get a competitive upgrade.
  • boooousakboooousak Member
    Yeah i agree with @Skip_Holmes . There is no variety in epic materials, basically we need same mats for all epics, which has to be changed in my opinion.
  • Especially wildfire blossoms, green ivy, mushrooms and snowbell. They are all nearly maxed.
  • Remember how we had like two epics that used the correct materials instead of fire materials? What happened to the efforts to correct that? Here we are with a light epic using dark crystals and flame etched bars/fire spirits. Why does this continue to be a thing?

It's gotten to a point where we just have to accept this will never be changed, either due to incompetency on their part, lack of man power, they just don't care, or they like to troll their player base.
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    Still wish they would pay attention to details like this...
    :/
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 72 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited July 6
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Remember how we had like two epics that used the correct materials instead of fire materials? What happened to the efforts to correct that? Here we are with a light epic using dark crystals and flame etched bars/fire spirits. Why does this continue to be a thing?

It's gotten to a point where we just have to accept this will never be changed, either due to incompetency on their part, lack of man power, they just don't care, or they like to troll their player base.

They’ve fixed it for a couple epics, there was a forum post saying that they would revisit and fix for old epics at some point...all that leads me to believe they have the will and resources. My best guess is that, when creating a new epic, they just use an old epic as a template. The vast majority of old epics have messed up materials. I bet each time it sneaks through, someone slaps their forehead and says “oh yeah, we meant to change that. We’ll get it next time.” And then “next time” doesn’t come for a couple months and they forget and the cycle repeats.
  • Well, I don't know if the epic is doing this crit, but looked like when Yoda entered the Emperor's office, and waved his hand at the red guards

• coneyKconeyK Member
    Forced resource scarcity at its finest.
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited July 7
    coneyK wrote: »
    Forced resource scarcity at its finest.

Except that it makes no sense anymore. When epics first came out and we were all racing to level them and they wanted to keep things moderately paced, sure. Now, the vast majority of serious players have either a glut of all materials or so much banked stamina (plus 3x material days weekly) that entire epics can be fully leveled easily in a few minutes with a bunch of quickloots. Either way, no reason to spend money.

The more casual players who haven’t leveled all their epics already have three dozen to choose from that use fire materials, so adding one more does nothing for their plans. No reason to spend money.

Adding more of the same resource scarcity has gone beyond the point where it could in any way impact game-wide overall player base progress and gone beyond the point where it could increase revenue. All it can do now is annoy people, which actually decreases revenue.
  • flufpufflufpuf Member
    This is quite nice for me, being a black diamond user already. I ruined her for attack and glad to see she isn’t paper anymore and she’s a great PvE hero (she one-shots some boss mode bosses with her abilities).

On another note, can I suggest the furnace’s epic next? I’d like to see the furnace getting some more love. A 30% attack buff or the epic might be too OP but might be good, I’m not experienced enough to know. He could also get the epic passive Abs of steel II, which would prevent him from taking more than 15 or 20% damage in a single shot (as opposed to the regular 25).
  • flufpuf wrote: »
    This is quite nice for me, being a black diamond user already. I ruined her for attack and glad to see she isn’t paper anymore and she’s a great PvE hero (she one-shots some boss mode bosses with her abilities).

On another note, can I suggest the furnace’s epic next? I’d like to see the furnace getting some more love. A 30% attack buff or the epic might be too OP but might be good, I’m not experienced enough to know. He could also get the epic passive Abs of steel II, which would prevent him from taking more than 15 or 20% damage in a single shot (as opposed to the regular 25).

I would love a Pignius epic- something kinda like Lupina's. They should do some fire event with some epics!
  • flufpufflufpuf Member
    flufpuf wrote: »

I would love a Pignius epic- something kinda like Lupina's. They should do some fire event with some epics!

A double epic event would be cool!
  • flufpuf wrote: »
    flufpuf wrote: »

A double epic event would be cool!

They've done Selwyn and Nimriel before... why not? Seems like a perfect opportunity to buff some below average heroes.
  • zen!
  • Zen needs a whole rework or swapped abilities or something.
  • mrdahlmrdahl Member
    Epic reptiles!
    Make Reptiles Great Again!
  • @MrTheWaffleKing For sure, Safe Haven can be the one that needs renovation.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    Y8MqAzC.png
  • @MrTheWaffleKing For sure, Safe Haven can be the one that needs renovation.

Upgrading it doesn't even do anything...
  • Upgrading it doesn't even do anything...
    Yes, but I meant was that the ability should be open for changes.
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    Y8MqAzC.png
  • Upgrading it doesn't even do anything...
    Yes, but I meant was that the ability should be open for changes.

I totally agree.