I. Cant. Take. It. THE BEAST TEAM IS OP.

King_YorickKing_Yorick Member
edited July 28 in Tower of Pwnage Talk
REALLY. I. cant..take it.
I couldn't beat 5 pwnage tower runs. BECAUSE OF THE BEAST TEAM. The main reason? The fire birds ability to REVIVE THE ENTIRE TEAM.
It's like facing 8 charaters and they don't stop coming.
I always target the fire bird first, when she dies and I have killed 2 and one to go? No. F that! Face them all again!
I can't get to Lord chromus for 5 runs! 5!!
They need to at least take away the ability to revive THE ENTIRE TEAM. Then it can be a not op team.
Don't tell me yall don't think or feel the same? I KNOW there are people who think the beast team needs a nerf, or at least the firebird
Tagged:

Comments

  • I do have this problem a lot, at least 2 of my floors are dedicated to Solaris and her dumb beasts. It doesnt help that she increases health for all beasts based on how many there are... thats an 80% hp boost not including runes, plus the odds of them coming back, forcing you to deal with Goretusk and leonidas' dumb friggin' taunts. Solaris is (imo) the most ridiculous legendary. Zomm, Bramble, and Valkin don't even have that incrdible of a synergy. But I feel for you, I thought I was the only one who couldnt get past even tower 8 for a few days.
  • I do have this problem a lot, at least 2 of my floors are dedicated to Solaris and her dumb beasts. It doesnt help that she increases health for all beasts based on how many there are... thats an 80% hp boost not including runes, plus the odds of them coming back, forcing you to deal with Goretusk and leonidas' dumb friggin' taunts. Solaris is (imo) the most ridiculous legendary. Zomm, Bramble, and Valkin don't even have that incrdible of a synergy. But I feel for you, I thought I was the only one who couldnt get past even tower 8 for a few days.

    She needs a nerf! At least remove her ability to raise the team back to life. Or even better, remove her ability to be revived.
  • I always save Solaris for last no matter what team I am using against beasts. The Barbarians destroy the beasts, just use Balog to silence Solaris every round. A Zomm & Shade team works well also. Taste for Brains removes one of them and Possession removes another. Hopper is also good, just remove the feathers and hopper gets rid of the corpses.
  • I always target the fire bird first, when she dies and I have killed 2 and one to go? No. F that! Face them all again!
    That's the problem. You shouldn't target Solaris first. You target Solaris last.

  • I always target the fire bird first, when she dies and I have killed 2 and one to go? No. F that! Face them all again!
    That's the problem. You shouldn't target Solaris first. You target Solaris last.

    I have to, or else she will constantly heal them or a tusk will just taunt and stuff, I try to kill Solaris first then use taste for brains on her body
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited July 28
    I always target the fire bird first, when she dies and I have killed 2 and one to go? No. F that! Face them all again!
    That's the problem. You shouldn't target Solaris first. You target Solaris last.

    I have to, or else she will constantly heal them or a tusk will just taunt and stuff, I try to kill Solaris first then use taste for brains on her body
    If you can't punch through Solaris' healing then you might be straight-up lacking damage. Sorry dude.

    Here's a horrible ShakeyCam(tm) video showing a dark team versus a Lilybeast team. It's probably not optimal but it got the job done.
  • Stinky wrote: »
    I always target the fire bird first, when she dies and I have killed 2 and one to go? No. F that! Face them all again!
    That's the problem. You shouldn't target Solaris first. You target Solaris last.

    I have to, or else she will constantly heal them or a tusk will just taunt and stuff, I try to kill Solaris first then use taste for brains on her body
    If you can't punch through Solaris' healing then you might be straight-up lacking damage. Sorry dude.

    Here's a horrible ShakeyCam(tm) video showing a dark team versus a Lilybeast team. It's probably not optimal but it got the job done.

    My team has great damage output. My main team anyways, but other teams seem to not work well. I don't have many VERY powerful times it takes about 1-2 weeks to make a legdanry suprised rune
  • edited July 28
    What you're supposed to do is kill everyone but her and another person. Then she kills herself and you finish the other. Or you could kill her twice in a row then take 3 turns finishing off everyone. You you could wipe the entire team in one or two turns. If its with a goretusk and leo/lily, target the leo or lily first then use the same strategy.

    Also, DON'T USE YORICK. HE SUCKS IN TOWER AND PVP CURRENTLY........ ok.

    (Also you know, Solaris just needs counter strategy while the beast team is actually OP)
  • What you're supposed to do is kill everyone but her and another person. Then she kills herself and you finish the other. Or you could kill her twice in a row then take 3 turns finishing off everyone. You you could wipe the entire team in one or two turns. If its with a goretusk and leo/lily, target the leo or lily first then use the same strategy.

    Also, DON'T USE YORICK. HE SUCKS IN TOWER AND PVP CURRENTLY........ ok.

    (Also you know, Solaris just needs counter strategy while the beast team is actually OP)

    I agree in your strategy, I disagree with your Yorick statement.
    My Yorick has electric skin, disease touch, burn touch, chill touch (passive, which is awsome)
    Besides the barbarian team, and beast team, Yorick wipes everyone in my tower, since right now he has 30% chance to epic.
    Mine's very powerful, warding strike is the highest base damage as of layly, when frost breath is acually suppose to be more high base
  • Don't mean to write a book about yorick, but I will always defend him
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited July 28
    Besides the barbarian team, and beast team,
    Who's left after you take out the barbs and beasts? :)
  • Don't mean to write a book about yorick, but I will always defend him

    And therein lies your problem. You have convinced yourself that Yorick is a great hero and you have to use him at all costs. In fact he's very situational. Not totally sucky, but I can't recall the last time I used Yorick in the tower because he's not worth my using unless it all goes to pieces.

    Your best hero against an all-beast team is Hopper. Eat the corpses, nothing for Solaris to resurrect and a nice heal boost too, so Hopper is a good survivor. Back Hopper with Emily and she'll cleanse off those annoying feathers, making the defenders more vulnerable to munching. Often Solaris will suicide without a feather on and Hopper gobble her up, so you don't even need to hit Solaris.

    My reserve team if I don't want to risk Emily is Hopper, Grog, Solaris and Leo. Leo and Solaris keep the team resurrecting while you pick off the enemy one by one. Takes longer, but unless you time it badly or are unlucky, everyone survives for the next floor.

    If I lose Hopper early then I can fall back on Zomm or Shade, who can eat an brain or possess a corpse and thus remove it, but they can only do one of these moves occasionally, so it's trickier and longer to run the fight.
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    Don't mean to write a book about yorick, but I will always defend him

    And therein lies your problem. You have convinced yourself that Yorick is a great hero and you have to use him at all costs. In fact he's very situational. Not totally sucky, but I can't recall the last time I used Yorick in the tower because he's not worth my using unless it all goes to pieces.

    Your best hero against an all-beast team is Hopper. Eat the corpses, nothing for Solaris to resurrect and a nice heal boost too, so Hopper is a good survivor. Back Hopper with Emily and she'll cleanse off those annoying feathers, making the defenders more vulnerable to munching. Often Solaris will suicide without a feather on and Hopper gobble her up, so you don't even need to hit Solaris.

    My reserve team if I don't want to risk Emily is Hopper, Grog, Solaris and Leo. Leo and Solaris keep the team resurrecting while you pick off the enemy one by one. Takes longer, but unless you time it badly or are unlucky, everyone survives for the next floor.

    If I lose Hopper early then I can fall back on Zomm or Shade, who can eat an brain or possess a corpse and thus remove it, but they can only do one of these moves occasionally, so it's trickier and longer to run the fight.

    Yorick is a great hero, it's a very rare occasion where Yorick dies in the tower or campaign.
    You have your opinions and I got mine, I say he's one of the best you say he's not great, but mine is specific is very power then other yoricks.

    But, those stragityes seem great to use. I'll try them
  • danacdanac Member
    I love it when someone's complaining about a team that was op three metas ago.


  • danac wrote: »
    I love it when someone's complaining about a team that was op three metas ago.


    I love it when the team is still op
  • danacdanac Member
    danac wrote: »
    I love it when someone's complaining about a team that was op three metas ago.


    I love it when the team is still op

    barbarian teams? kinda tough.
    Emily Ferno teams? can be very difficult.

    Beast teams?
    easy.
    Shade Hopper Agnon Zomm. Over and over.
  • LafooteLafoote Member
    edited July 29
    Beast teams can be strong, but they're not invincible. Hopper, Zomm, Barbarians, or your very own beasts can beat them into submission without too much trouble. In addition to the great suggestions by Barleyman, freezing Sol is also sometimes useful. It can give you an additional turn to KO her after putting down the rest of the beasts.

  • Also, why are you saying Yorick is SO GOOD when he can't beat teams? That means he's not "so good" because there are many people better than him. 🤷
  • Also, why are you saying Yorick is SO GOOD when he can't beat teams? That means he's not "so good" because there are many people better than him. 🤷

    Yea he is really good, there isn't 1 person that can take one 4 people. That is just stupid
  • Beast teams are very easy to beat, but you're using a Yorick with like 3 diff status effects. Small dmg is not that helpful and disease is a minor annoyance. If you really want to easily wile out beast teams use Agnon/hopper/zomm/shade/malice. Any combination of these plus more damage dealers. If you can strip buffs then it doesn't matter who you drop with Agnon because hopper will stomp it. Beast teams used to frustrate me, now they're a joke. Also barbs without Ignus are great too. Just put agnon in there.
  • King_YorickKing_Yorick Member
    edited July 30
    Beast teams are very easy to beat, but you're using a Yorick with like 3 diff status effects. Small dmg is not that helpful and disease is a minor annoyance. If you really want to easily wile out beast teams use Agnon/hopper/zomm/shade/malice. Any combination of these plus more damage dealers. If you can strip buffs then it doesn't matter who you drop with Agnon because hopper will stomp it. Beast teams used to frustrate me, now they're a joke. Also barbs without Ignus are great too. Just put agnon in there.

    ...the reason I can't is cause I don't have a fully accended hopper, and I don't have a alice sadly

    I only have a shade and Zomm, and mortiex s good on that combo but for some reason Abigail always targets him first
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Also, why are you saying Yorick is SO GOOD when he can't beat teams? That means he's not "so good" because there are many people better than him. 🤷

    Yea he is really good, there isn't 1 person that can take one 4 people. That is just stupid

    That's not what Waffle meant. You say that Yor is strong, but he's obviously not doing you any favours against beast teams. I doubt Yor's much help against barbs or assassins, either. There's nothing wrong with having (and using) a favourite character, but let's be honest about how good those characters actually are, and let's not call other characters OP when you play with a handicap.

    Chill would be good on the offense if defending teams didn't start off with all their abilities ready to go, but that's not how it is.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Thought this might be a necro post from last year...
  • Stinky wrote: »
    Also, why are you saying Yorick is SO GOOD when he can't beat teams? That means he's not "so good" because there are many people better than him. 🤷

    Yea he is really good, there isn't 1 person that can take one 4 people. That is just stupid

    That's not what Waffle meant. You say that Yor is strong, but he's obviously not doing you any favours against beast teams. I doubt Yor's much help against barbs or assassins, either. There's nothing wrong with having (and using) a favourite character, but let's be honest about how good those characters actually are, and let's not call other characters OP when you play with a handicap.

    Chill would be good on the offense if defending teams didn't start off with all their abilities ready to go, but that's not how it is.

    He meant yorick is weak. And my Yorick is very strong againt barbs, somtimes assasins, but not beasts. Yorick isn't a handicap either, many think Yorick isn't good, but in reality it's cause there Yorick doesn't have the right runes for him. Mine does, which makes mine ALOT more powerful
  • ZWendyZWendy Member
    I've had my favorite hero's through the years (just this weekend Sifu had his moment in the sun)
    and I'm sure you spent some time building a pretty powerful Yorick,
    but you really should take the advice the other players here have given you.

    It's tried and tested, and it works.
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
    The Tatar Squad
  • ZWendy wrote: »
    I've had my favorite hero's through the years (just this weekend Sifu had his moment in the sun)
    and I'm sure you spent some time building a pretty powerful Yorick,
    but you really should take the advice the other players here have given you.

    It's tried and tested, and it works.

    I do, and I am winning more often ^^
    I just won't take advice about yorick, if someone says he sucks I will defend!
    The advice I took was using certain teams to take on the beast team
  • bartokbartok Member
    A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse, open your eyes to the other 79 characters and what they can do. If you persist in only using Yorick you will slow your growth in this game to the point where you cant progress.
  • bartok wrote: »
    A nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse, open your eyes to the other 79 characters and what they can do. If you persist in only using Yorick you will slow your growth in this game to the point where you cant progress.

    I do use every character, I just focus on making Yorick as strong as he can possibly be. Don't get me wrong, I love all the characters, but Yorick is always said to not be good, is I set on a journey to show them hes very powerful
  • williamwilliam Member
    edited August 1
    King_Yorick you gotta use hopper and monsters if u are fighting against beast team
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com