The Undead Future

I discussed Undead teams and after coming back to the game after a month of absence from the forum and dungeon boss I think some of us need to think about our current Undead. I will analyze their pve and pvp viability and their general stats and abilities as much as I can as well as what could help improve them, feel free to add your own take on the hero and what could be done it.

King Yorick (Water Rogue):
I put him first because he is the most interesting here however no others mentioned will follow that. When DB were making him I’m pretty sure he was meant to support his fellow undead - like a king supports his people - but the only notable undead supporting abilities are his chilled to the bone passive and his epic (although the epic should not count as it procs only on basic attacks). His mark of death and warding strike are nice and all but they both lack something called Area of effect and seeing as most pvp battles only last for 2-4 rounds on average mark of death being first is horrible unless warding strike is first or starts powered.

Another thing to note is his lackluster stats that are just begging to be altered. He is a literal shame to his class as most rogues actually have something to make up for stats or elements (e.g the new kai makani which has the same element and BD) but he only has one passive and isn’t fast/offensive or defensive via ability until final ascension. He is the current worst water hero right now even though he is the face of dungeon boss. To mend this guy I feel like making his ability cold as death have a cold as death II which could either make all undead allies immune too - busted in concept - or give water,rogue or undead allies the ability to chill melee attackers and/or chill on attacks 50% of the time instead of 2 similar passives.

Overlord Executum (Dark Tank):
Part of the PvE dungeon team because of undead guard and his void taunt. He lacks in attack which is somewhat made up for by his defense and souless scourge passive. The only Undead synergy is Undead Guard I/II/III but that is ok seeing as it helps him do his job and is excellent in PvE. Light hunter is good but what about light bane? Resistance against light attacks and enemies and deals 1.5x or 2x to them ( 2x may be too much because of the already increased damage against light enemies).

The thing about overlord exe is that he is often outclassed by other tanks such as goretusk and the furnace because they can survive longer and tank more before dying, thus making him not as useful late game pvp. I know all heroes don’t need to be PvP viable but maybe replacing vigilance with something similar like Buff team DEF after an attack or give team DEF and Team can not die this turn? Other than that and Void sword I believe overlord is a solid member of the undead team in PvE.

Hansuke Undying (Nature Warrior):
I love this Hero. He has a nice background, provides nice synergy with the undead and can be used effectively even with only just one on team. Anti taunt in Iaijutsu strike with wound too, Anti heal in wounding abilities blade fury, Anti lose in wrath of the fallen. This guy has alot to offer. Master of combat and kenjutsu are useful in the parry mechanic which is basically revenge but negating damage too as well as never missing attacks with armored.

I personally don’t see much wrong with him synergy and stat-wise, he is also moderately used in pvp and a MUST in PvE undead team, the only reason he isn’t meta is because of not being dark to have access to Shade’s Dark shroud which is partially why Zomm and Brom have more usage in pvp.

Life Reaper Brom (Slow Dark Warrior):
He is in the heroic portal by default and is relatively easy to obtain because of that. While he does have long cooldown abilities in Doom blade and Team leech what makes this guy so lovable is his combined offensive power of slow + heart stopper I/II/III + Doom blade.

Doom blade damage cannot be healed even through Solaris’ reviving them, meaning they can be cut down easier if that has to happen. And because of the guaranteed crit on 25% health this could be really dangerous to fight against in defensive as well as offense.
Overall Brom pairs really nicely on a shade/Daeris/? Team because of how devestating it is. He is slow however and will likely take damage or be killed before he can do anything if no proper rune investment is present.

Brom’s Team leech could have the cooldown reduced to 5 in exchange for less damage. He is a useful member in the undead team for finishing off enemies in PvE and PvP otherwise.

Lord Zomm (Slow Legendary Dark caster):
The 1 v 4 hero himself, Zomm likes to think he is the team, heck, I would see in the pvp defense logs when he first got reworked people attacking me with soley him and somehow almost winning. But enough jokes, Zomm is one of the most vital members of the undead team, with his taste for brains removing enemy corpses making solaris’ revive useless while also boosting undead’s max health and not to forget his undead legion(ability) raiding the attackers who dare fight him. Fillet zomminions is situational but is very useful in PvE for stacking health. His passive from the grave makes it so it can never truly be a 1v1 and is also a part of his unique zomminion mechanic which summons a slow dark undead of the corresponding class that died ( there are special occasions though were the class is different). He also has slow and because he is a caster he has mystical. He gains Lord of the Undead at second ascension which gives the undead allies +25% health and chance to disease melee attackers, which gives him 50% making him a very bulky attacker.

He is essential for both PvP and PvE undead teams as he is a hard hitter that also can make the entire undead bulky. The only drawbacks of zomm is he will often go last and with a 25% to revenge he can still miss or get picked out as he is a top priority to get rid of most of the time.

Zomm CAN be changed, but does he need to? He is already very strong and is used in some non-undead teams for his reliability, as well as his tower of pwnage where he can make dead heroes come back next floor.

TL;DR, Either rework Yorick or add A new undead fast hero, because the fast is essential in most DB teams and Yorick is pitiful rn.

Feel free to talk about your own ideas, just used an hour of my life drafting this lol.
Favorite hero: Lupina
Just a player looking to interact with the community in a peaceful manner

Comments

• hatredhatred Member
    They could just make yorick fast, he is a rogue after all. You overrated brom a lot though, the hero sucks **** in pvp because he is too squishy.

That aside the undead team as a whole dont need a rework, they are one of the best autorun pve teams. The game just needs to stop factoring in total roster power for pvp so having PvE only heroes like Kobal is okay.
  • brom is looking great, well, reaper, we all apritiate it, but he is so useless in pvp, for some reasone, he is squishy as hell, like everyone can 1 shot him, same for oe, he has problems with stats and vigilance shoulde be 2nd ability, or better his passive skill,king yorick is just meh, he was better before rework, others undead: hansuke and zomm good, thats all, team with 2 slow heroes in pvp autoloose, ponty looks interesting due to his passive, but well he is trash too, sad.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited August 2
    Instead of making another fast hero, I'd like to see other Ferno-type effects that turn the fast/normal/slow order on its head. The downside for the undead team is that if they take along someone like Shade, it's going to affect him, too.

Brainstorming examples: until [hero who has the trait] has taken their turn, only undead heroes can take opponents below 50% HP. So if you try an all-fast team against an undead one, you won't be able to get any of the enemy team below half HP on the first turn.

Or: every non-undead character who takes their turn before [hero with trait] does gets zapped for -1 energy.

---

Making Yor's chill more widespread won't help for PvP. Defending heroes start off with their abilities powered, so chilling them doesn't help - the fight's usually determined well before round four. To be honest, it's usually settled one way or the other on round one.
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    I feel like if they simply switched OEs taunt with his void strike he would become a whole lot more useful, what's the point in jumping in front of attacks and being an actual tank if your just going to taunt and force all attacks on yourself anyway?
  • StinkyStinky Member
    I haven't used OE for months, but his taunt's debuff is applied after he takes damage, right? It'd help if the debuff was applied before the damage was calculated.
  • hatred wrote: »
    They could just make yorick fast, he is a rogue after all. You overrated brom a lot though, the hero sucks **** in pvp because he is too squishy.

That aside the undead team as a whole dont need a rework, they are one of the best autorun pve teams. The game just needs to stop factoring in total roster power for pvp so having PvE only heroes like Kobal is okay.

Ah, sorry if I sounded like I was saying he was the best, I was thinking of Brom with elite runes after all and forgot to mention that you need more investment in defenses to use him effectively.
    I never mentioned that as a whole they need a rework to be effective in PvP, just if when they decided to change Yorick - useless aside from mark of death in PvE - to be more viable they could tweak a few things that maybe aren’t needed anymore on some older heroes’ abilities, kind of like with dwarven resolve moving from rune war event to permanent ability of the family.
  • Stinky wrote: »
    Instead of making another fast hero, I'd like to see other Ferno-type effects that turn the fast/normal/slow order on its head. The downside for the undead team is that if they take along someone like Shade, it's going to affect him, too.

Brainstorming examples: until [hero who has the trait] has taken their turn, only undead heroes can take opponents below 50% HP. So if you try an all-fast team against an undead one, you won't be able to get any of the enemy team below half HP on the first turn.

Or: every non-undead character who takes their turn before [hero with trait] does gets zapped for -1 energy.

---

Making Yor's chill more widespread won't help for PvP. Defending heroes start off with their abilities powered, so chilling them doesn't help - the fight's usually determined well before round four. To be honest, it's usually settled one way or the other on round one.

It was meant for PvP undead defense, I understand it is useless in offense lol
  • StinkyStinky Member
    Fair enough. :P
  • DevilJhons wrote: »
    brom is looking great, well, reaper, we all apritiate it, but he is so useless in pvp, for some reasone, he is squishy as hell, like everyone can 1 shot him, same for oe, he has problems with stats and vigilance shoulde be 2nd ability, or better his passive skill,king yorick is just meh, he was better before rework, others undead: hansuke and zomm good, thats all, team with 2 slow heroes in pvp autoloose, ponty looks interesting due to his passive, but well he is trash too, sad.

Now that you mentioned ponti, I have ideas for how to improve him, here is one passive that could atleast make him alot more viable for an undead team

Necromancy Perfection (after two ascensions):

Undead allies that are reanimated have a 50% chance to stay revived after the attack with 20-25% health and full energy.
    OR
    When on a team with Lord Zomm, allies ressurected or reanimated by Lord Zomm or Pontifex Mortis respectively have a 25% chance of staying revived/ressurected as themselves for 2 turns (Can occur once per round and 30-40% health as well as full energy!). If Undead 100% chance of staying alive even after 2 turns.
    Seems fair enough for it to be all allies on the second option, I mean usually in PvP people target the heavy hitters, nuisances or revivers. Lord Zomm is in 3 of those because of his from the grave passive, corpse removal and disease on hit/ getting hit (Though there is no guarantee he’d be the worst there) having him revived right after you eliminated him sounds pretty annoying, so this changes the order which a character gets eliminated and RNG is what counts here.

This atleast makes Pontifex feel like a real necromancer, only being able to revive yourself is pretty weak for a guy said to cause flowers to wilt around him.
  • hatred wrote: »

you right, also sad that we already have team that good in pve and pvp, beasts, that means they can do it, but they dont do, for some reasone.
  • williamwilliam Member
    There is no hope for Yorick he is dead not dead dead i mean dead that he is useless weak i prefer OE has replacement for Yorick in undead team but OE needs his vigilance to be changed
  • william wrote: »
    There is no hope for Yorick he is dead not dead dead i mean dead that he is useless weak i prefer OE has replacement for Yorick in undead team but OE needs his vigilance to be changed

Never say Never, look at guys like Yokozuna and Balog, those guys were forgotten or had no use, yet they were both revived by reworks with the former being somewhat viable and the latter being so much more useful in barb teams than before, even Phemus and makani are pretty useful now that they got a rework

• i hope oe will have same mechanic as goretusk, but only for undead heroes, auto taunt and dmg reduction if in team with zomm