Team for Barbarians + Agnon

Looking for some advice on this particular puzzle.

Having them as my defence showed that the way to beat them is to attack with 10k more popwer or have the dark festival +1 energy rune on Shade, neither of which I have as a player with 24k in Legend 3 facing teams that are mostly more power than me.

Suggestions welcome.

Comments

  • echonapechonap Member
    The answer to every barb +1 team is GT Emily Ferno +1. In the case of agnon as the defense's +1, agnon should be your +1 too. Just line up the team so that your Agnon goes after their Agnon.

    Battle goes something like this:
    1. Their Abi furious charges your GT. Considering that GT has 0 momentum and the element advantage, no way GT dies here.
    2. Your GT freezes their Balog.
    3. Their first normal goes. If Balog, he unfreezes. If Draxx, he uses Pillage and Abi does a follow up. Nobody should die here neither. If Agnon, he plummets your GT, killing him.
    4. Your ferno wildfires their Balog.
    5. Their second normal goes. Same as step 3, except additional follow ups if Draxx goes here since Balog will be unfrozen or Agnon will no longer be stone.
    6. Your second normal goes. If their Agnon went already, your Agnon plummets their Agnon. If not, your Emily heals if necessary or gives Balog a love tap.
    7. Their final normal goes. Same as step 5.
    8. Your final normal goes. Same as step 6.

    From that point on, you are fighting at most 3 barbs (Agnon is dead), one of whom has wildfire. Keep hitting whomever has wildfire and it should spread. Once spread to all barbs, you cannot lose.
  • EsmenothEsmenoth Member
    edited August 8
    echonap wrote: »
    The answer to every barb +1 team is GT Emily Ferno +1. In the case of agnon as the defense's +1, agnon should be your +1 too. Just line up the team so that your Agnon goes after their Agnon.

    Battle goes something like this:
    1. Their Abi furious charges your GT. Considering that GT has 0 momentum and the element advantage, no way GT dies here.
    2. Your GT freezes their Balog.
    3. Their first normal goes. If Balog, he unfreezes. If Draxx, he uses Pillage and Abi does a follow up. Nobody should die here neither. If Agnon, he plummets your GT, killing him.
    4. Your ferno wildfires their Balog.
    5. Their second normal goes. Same as step 3, except additional follow ups if Draxx goes here since Balog will be unfrozen or Agnon will no longer be stone.
    6. Your second normal goes. If their Agnon went already, your Agnon plummets their Agnon. If not, your Emily heals if necessary or gives Balog a love tap.
    7. Their final normal goes. Same as step 5.
    8. Your final normal goes. Same as step 6.


    From that point on, you are fighting at most 3 barbs (Agnon is dead), one of whom has wildfire. Keep hitting whomever has wildfire and it should spread. Once spread to all barbs, you cannot lose.

    Thanks for the response.

    That's the team I use for Barbarians + Shade. The same team that has failed repeatedly against Barbs+Agnon even against teams with less power. It goes something like this.

    1. Same.
    2. Doesn't always work, but let's say it does.
    3. Pillage will definitely kill my GT, with Abis follow up killing Ferno.
    4. and from there it unwinds pretty quickly.

    My GT is runed for defence but only 4 stars. Ferno runed for damage, so that he can one-shot a target but dies easily. Emily runed for defence. Agnon a bit of each.
  • Your GT needs to be 6* and your runes are not great choices, Ferno doesn't need to one shot, he needs to survive to get his wildfire spreading. Most barbarians with no stacks of rage aren't a huge deal to the right runed group. Emily should be runed with 2 festival runes to be able to use all abilities first turn. I like half and half offensive (attack mostly) and defensive runes (defense and health) on Agnon but dam pen in PvP helps a ton.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
  • Emily does have those two runes.

    GT can't be 6* as I don't pay a cent for thisgame while it remains so buggy and they keep producing silly heroes. I got the free 4* and that's where it will stay as I slowlygather more GTs as the opportunities arise. Or not. Casual player.

    Thanks for the tip on Ferno.
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited August 8
    If you have either of the tank runes, consider putting it on Ekko. He cannot die on turn one against barbs + Agnon, and is immune to Cry Havoc (N.B. Ekko can still be silenced by Balog's melee attacks when Balog has Drakk to back him up).

    Valkin has an AoE freeze with a three energy cost, so if Ekko uses Energize after Val uses To War, Val can keep the barbs pinned down for two turns, allowing your other heroes to focus on Agnon. Val is debuff immune now, so Balog can't screw it all up for him.

    Ferno is a natural pick against the barbarians, and works well with the other two heroes; Ferno will attack Val's target and a crit will apply Wildfire, and Ekko's Energize crit buff will take your Ferno's crit up to 100%. He also packs a punch and hopefully will kill Agnon.

    That leaves you with one slot to play around with. Depending on runes, the order of the enemy heroes, and how safely you want to play it, you could bring Emily, GT, MK, Deadeye, Agnon, Lily, Koros, Dagrund etc. I use Emily against barbs + Ag, but hey, whatever floats yer boat.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Esmenoth wrote: »
    Thanks for the response.

    That's the team I use for Barbarians + Shade. The same team that has failed repeatedly against Barbs+Agnon even against teams with less power. It goes something like this.

    1. Same.
    2. Doesn't always work, but let's say it does.
    3. Pillage will definitely kill my GT, with Abis follow up killing Ferno.
    4. and from there it unwinds pretty quickly.

    My GT is runed for defence but only 4 stars. Ferno runed for damage, so that he can one-shot a target but dies easily. Emily runed for defence. Agnon a bit of each.

    Ferno should be runed with skill too. It helps wildfire stick. Mine is mostly attack and skill, and has no issues with survivability. If yours is dying because GT dies early, put some defense on him. Like @lythstihl said, his main purpose is to stick wildfire, not kill. Agnon should be mostly attack. I have a blue energy rune on him so that he has hardened assault available in round 2 even without Ferno. He needs to be able to one-shot every single hero, and survivability is not a big issue due to granite form.

  • EsmenothEsmenoth Member
    edited August 9
    After reruning Ferno for defence, lost convincingly to two lesser-powered teams.

    My agnon plummeted their agnon and did about 1/4 damage to it, despite being damage focused. Game over at that point, once he Terrorstormed.
  • EsmenothEsmenoth Member
    edited August 10
    Stinky wrote: »
    If you have either of the tank runes, consider putting it on Ekko. He cannot die on turn one against barbs + Agnon, and is immune to Cry Havoc (N.B. Ekko can still be silenced by Balog's melee attacks when Balog has Drakk to back him up).

    Valkin has an AoE freeze with a three energy cost, so if Ekko uses Energize after Val uses To War, Val can keep the barbs pinned down for two turns, allowing your other heroes to focus on Agnon. Val is debuff immune now, so Balog can't screw it all up for him.

    Ferno is a natural pick against the barbarians, and works well with the other two heroes; Ferno will attack Val's target and a crit will apply Wildfire, and Ekko's Energize crit buff will take your Ferno's crit up to 100%. He also packs a punch and hopefully will kill Agnon.

    That leaves you with one slot to play around with. Depending on runes, the order of the enemy heroes, and how safely you want to play it, you could bring Emily, GT, MK, Deadeye, Agnon, Lily, Koros, Dagrund etc. I use Emily against barbs + Ag, but hey, whatever floats yer boat.

    I don't, and which ever dev got those through design should be fired.

    That said, thanks for the info.
    Post edited by Esmenoth on
  • StinkyStinky Member
    edited August 10
    Okay, do you have Deadeye? Deadeye, GT, Ferno, Emily. Deadeye uses Solar Shot on Agnon, which prevents Agnon from doing anything but a basic attack on turn one. If Deadeye makes it to turn two, Bring It Down will trigger a basic attack from Ferno, which means it's still worth casting on Agnon to try and kill him. The debuff itself isn't that important anyway. If Deadeye doesn't make it to turn two, whatever, he's done his job.

    Alternatively, GT, Emily, Ferno, Zomm. This is what I use in the Tower against Ag + barbs. Agnon kills GT with Doom. Zomm brings back a tank zombie with GT's runes, who casts taunt. Save Emily's res for Ferno. Disease is useful against the barbs and lowers their damage after the first round. If Zomm doesn't get silenced, he also has a purge for use against the barbs.
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com