Dungeon Boss Turns 3! Have Some Presents!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
uz1rxxgxt5mr.png

Three years ago today, Dungeon Boss was released worldwide!

To celebrate, we've released four special anniversary quests that pay out particularly awesome loot! These quests will remain active until next Tuesday at 3pm CST.

Thank you all for your continued support and feedback, it's been an amazing three years and we have big plans for the future!
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• @Joel
    These quests award tickets I assume it's for the already ongoing event (Iris) or is there something more coming. I ask mostly because the events don't end at the same time.
    I can no longer decide from day to day what to think of this game.... and that is frustrating
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    They are for the current event. The ticket leaderboard ends on Sunday, but the ticket shop will remain open until Tuesday, so you will still be able to spend the tickets until then, but they will not count for the leaderboard after Sunday. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Thank you for 3 years of fun and I hope for many more.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Hopefully we can get some new skins soon? Not asking for the "Choose a free skin" like last year, this gift is certainly enough.

But some new skin trials or skins in the Heroic portal would be welcomed! We haven't had those in a while. :smile:

(Please let at least one of them be for Dagrund)
  • I'm ready for the things to come! Happy 3rd anniversary, Dungeon Boss! :smiley:
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    Y8MqAzC.png
  • Anyone have the info on the loot for the 4 quest chains?
  • Happy 3rd Birthday! I've only been playing for 2 1/2 of those years, but it feels like a long time.

I confess to being underwhelmed by the unoriginality of the quest rewards. Gems are always welcome, and heroic portal pulls are potentially useful when the right hero is featured, but why more event tickets? I already had more than I needed, and my guild hit the 10 million mark, so these are just going to buy surplus materials. A new skin would have been something more memorable in the long run, such as a birthday cake suit for Phenol with 3 candles on top. or a skin for Iris.

Also, why were the gem purchasable event runes removed from the event shop? Just when we're given the opportunity to quickly earn the gems to buy them, they're gone.
  • More tickets ain’t that bad. I could make use of them on that Daily Gem deal they just added (and I bought it), or just buy as much Loot Keys as I can!

But I can agree about the Unbreakable Heart Runes. Since the celebration quests are giving away plenty of Gems (a total of 6,000 Gems can be earned from completing all the quests), it definitely wouldn’t hurt to bring them back.

@Rocksor For all four of the quest lines, it goes by this:
    1. 3-Star and defeat the Epic Boss in Normal Mode. Rewards: 1 Heroic Summon & 1,000 Tickets
    2. 3-Star and defeat the Epic Boss in Challenge Mode. Rewards: 300 Gems & 2,000 Tickets
    3. 3-Star and defeat the Epic Boss in Boss Mode at the (N) dungeon. Rewards: 300 Gems & 3,000 Tickets
    4. 3-Star and defeat the Epic Boss in Boss Mode at the (C) dungeon. Rewards: 300 Gems & 4,000 Tickets
    5. 3-Star and defeat the Epic Boss in Boss Mode at the (B) dungeon. Rewards: 600 Gems & 5,000 Tickets
    Completing all four quests line should earn you 4 Heroic Summons, 6,000 Gems, and 60,000 Tickets!
    Crimson's Links: DB Wiki | DeviantArt | Minecraft Forum | Twitter
    IGN: CrimsonKid
    Y8MqAzC.png
  • Barleyman wrote: »
    Happy 3rd Birthday! I've only been playing for 2 1/2 of those years, but it feels like a long time.

I confess to being underwhelmed by the unoriginality of the quest rewards. Gems are always welcome, and heroic portal pulls are potentially useful when the right hero is featured, but why more event tickets? I already had more than I needed, and my guild hit the 10 million mark, so these are just going to buy surplus materials. A new skin would have been something more memorable in the long run, such as a birthday cake suit for Phenol with 3 candles on top. or a skin for Iris.

Also, why were the gem purchasable event runes removed from the event shop? Just when we're given the opportunity to quickly earn the gems to buy them, they're gone.

they should have added more items to the shop.
    Most high end guild members had enough tickets to buy all the keys and the rune.
    the rest of the items were useless.

But taking away the gem shop runes is standard- they always take them away early.
    every event.

• Why did they get rid of the UH runes?! Do you want us to use our gems or not?!
  • Happy Birthday Dungeon Boss!
    Unbelievable that 3 years are over ... let''s see what will come next 😉
  • Generally, I find the event to be generous and smart. For a lot of players, it will make them feel more involved, and more likely to support the game over the long haul.

I agree they should have left the unbreakable runes in the shop, but I've also felt they were overrated. Avoiding death for 1 round, except in a few really neat synergies, isn't all that big of a deal, in my humble opinion.

(more items to buy with tickets in the shop is always welcome.)
  • li30li30 Member
    edited September 7
    Barleyman wrote: »

I missed those runes too :( but I checked SS, they did set expired date on them, yesterday the last day. Fairly speaking it was our fault didn't read them carefully.
    sirtainly wrote: »
    I agree they should have left the unbreakable runes in the shop, but I've also felt they were overrated. Avoiding death for 1 round, except in a few really neat synergies, isn't all that big of a deal, in my humble opinion.

Imho UH not game changing rune, but it adds more tactical use in pvp, such runes the more the better.
  • Happy birthday! o:)
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY DB.
    I think for birthday event giveaway u should renew all of your outdated loading/waiting/transition screen.
    That would be the best giveaway prize for your birthday
    :D
  • What are the requirements to unlock dragon slayer part 3? Getting a requirements not met message.
  • seselznick wrote: »
    What are the requirements to unlock dragon slayer part 3? Getting a requirements not met message.

You must beat all the levels through boss mode up to that point.
  • Thanks for 3 years and one of my all time fav games, and since Diablo II isn't available for me anymore this one is pretty much the top fav right now!
  • NobodyPi wrote: »
    seselznick wrote: »
    What are the requirements to unlock dragon slayer part 3? Getting a requirements not met message.

I'm at that quest too. Which one is Devourer of Flames? (am I missing an easy way to find out?)

I had stopped doing boss mode waiting for more levels..at 72 I felt underpowered, at 74 I still do, especially with some of these dungeons that require teams I'm not familiar with, have to rerune, etc.etc.

I'm concerned I can't complete enough boss mode dungeons within the quest timeframe (till Tuesday) (and I'd like the tickets for the shop before it closes.)
  • I’m trying to push through boss mode before my free rune unequip expires. I got stuck on 20-6 because Elves are not a viable team.
  • Use of potions/friends is required for that one :/
  • li30li30 Member
    I brouught 3 reviive pots and spent almost 200 gem on friends shared Emily to beat 20-6, except that one, other dungeons are easy to clear by dwarves.
  • @li30 21-6 with Dwarf team was painless. Maybe there is an imminent elf rework in the mix. Hard for me to understand why a level would exist that relies so heavily on friend usage not strategy or rune build.
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    NobodyPi wrote: »

I'm at that quest too. Which one is Devourer of Flames? (am I missing an easy way to find out?)

I had stopped doing boss mode waiting for more levels..at 72 I felt underpowered, at 74 I still do, especially with some of these dungeons that require teams I'm not familiar with, have to rerune, etc.etc.

I'm concerned I can't complete enough boss mode dungeons within the quest timeframe (till Tuesday) (and I'd like the tickets for the shop before it closes.)

Devourer of Flames is Chapter 16, with the Volcano. Oddly Champion (C) is harder than Boss (B) because you can't use water heroes.
  • NobodyPi wrote: »

Barleyman wrote: »

Devourer of Flames is Chapter 16, with the Volcano. Oddly Champion (C) is harder than Boss (B) because you can't use water heroes.

Thanks - I'm on the second half of 15 which is plenty difficult for me :)
  • Agree with some that the 3 year anniversary ticket reward is VERY underwhelming.
  • Happy Anniversary DB!

Thank you for the swag.
    Don’t you wish it was easier, wish you were better.
  • Barleyman wrote: »

Try to use heroes paired with ferno sol ... a thought worth to try are flyers (Torchy ferno Agno sol) for example
  • If only I could celebrate