Hero Spotlight: Icebloom

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited December 2015 in Hero Spotlights
f5tnusrxfagf.png

Background:
When the season is low, and the nights are cold, down from the mountain the freezing winds blow. As she arrives, a chilly doom, they cower and whisper, Icebloom.

Most Hated Hero: Mortals immune to Freeze. (hmph!)

Element: WATER: 30% bonus against FIRE enemies.

Traits
  • Freeze Immune: Cannot be Frozen
  • Icy Embrace: Frozen allies heal 25% of max health.
Abilities and Ascensions

Starting Abilities
  • Wand: Basic wand attack
  • Let It Snow: Ranged Cold wind that attacks all enemies for 81 (scaling) base damage and has a chance to Freeze all Heroes (ally and enemies!)
Next Ascension

Required Evos
  • Nature Evo: 25
  • Water Evo: 35
  • Water Evo Monarch: 10
  • Arcane Evo: 3
New Trait!
  • Icy Embrace: Frozen allies heal 35% of max health.
New Ability!
  • Cryosleep: Freezes and enemy solid. This enemy cannot take damage nor move. When removed has a 1% (scaling) chance to Slow.
Next Ascension

Required Evos
  • Water Monarch: 35
  • Fire Evo: 30
  • Coldfire Evo: 10
  • Diamond Evo: 2
New Trait!
  • Icy Embrace: Frozen allies heal 50% of max health.
  • The Chills: Each attack has a 50% chance to Slow.
New Ability!
  • Misdirect: Forces enemies to target single attacks on an ally, buffs DEF +6% (scales)
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joveth on

Comments

• So at final ascension she can give iggy the taunt he needs over that craptastic reflector >_>;
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    "Freezes and enemy solid" whoopsies.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Nice! Except after like 10 heroic summons I still haven't got her so... -_-
    Current Level: 70! King of the hill!
    IGN MooCopYT
    Shared Hero: Kira
    Favourite Hero: Mausta Kira (6* and runed up to 3k attack!)
    Officer in Spud Brigade
  • Hmm... there's a fair bit of confusion for me about how she works, namely:

[1] Let It Snow - is the Freeze rolled separately? It usually is. So theoretically you could with a bad roll freeze your entire team and none of the other team?

[2] If every hero (friend and foe) is frozen by Let It Snow, does the whole turn order just skip a turn? Or is one team at an advantage... and if so which one?

[3] How does the heal on freeze effect kick in? If IGOROK Polar Pounds my team, does the damage take effect (and therefore possibly kill them) before the heal on freeze effect kicks in?
    Level 31 - and leaving the game. Thanks to undesirable changes in the game.
    6* heroes (in order obtained): Pontifex, Icebloom, Therand
    5* heroes (in order obtained): Lady Nimriel, Bovus, Takumi, Mangle, Dagrund, Ignus, Jabber, Squinch, Willow, Masuta Kira, Nub Nub, Black Diamond, Alexandros, Yorick, Executum, Phenol
  • Welp, to all the IGOROK fans out there:

USE IGOROK AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE BEFORE BEFORE EVERYONE GETS THIS SON OF A
    Everyone else has fancy stuff here so....

Level 19 with some heroes :|
    Highscore of 76 in tournaments :|
    Full nature team that only works if I get lucky :|
    I lift?
  • DiggydooDiggydoo Member
    edited December 2015
    @Decadent
    Your first point is correct. It is possible that Let it Snow could roll poorly such that your entire team is frozen while their team is not. This could happen if you're going against a Water based team, where their base Freeze resistance is higher than other elemental types, or that their level is higher than the level of your hero. The last scenario is that passives like Impervious and Polar Master will not let them freeze. The last point is brought up in the following comment.

Icebloom is immune to freeze. When everyone else but her is frozen, she can still take a turn. Same with Stonefist, IGOROK, Emily, or Selwyn, etc. The order at which heroes and enemies take their turn is the same: meaning they will defrost in the order at which they take their turn. Icebloom's second ascension passive has a 50% chance to inflict Slow on all enemies that took damage by her. So, when they defrost, they will most likely take their turn to defrost after your team that has defrosted first.

When you fight Icebloom in the last Crystal Citadel level, you see that her allies will heal when she casts Let it Snow. As long as she is in the team, any of her allies that become frozen by any means will have her Icy Embrace passive to heal. Damage dealt by IGOROK's Polar Pounding, for example, will deal damage as the first thing on the stack. The following effect is whether those targets are frozen. If so, then Icy Embrace comes into play and heal. IGOROK can still kill targets with polar pounding since they take the damage first.
    Post edited by Diggydoo on
    The admin of Dungeonboss wikia welcomes everyone!
  • Thanks @Diggydoo that helps clear things up for me :)

Loading up the team with Freeze immune heroes is one thought but then that eliminates the heal aspect of her ability, so doesn't seem to be the way to get the best out of it. I'd neglected the Slow possibility giving the team advantage, so that's one thing at least.
    Level 31 - and leaving the game. Thanks to undesirable changes in the game.
    6* heroes (in order obtained): Pontifex, Icebloom, Therand
    5* heroes (in order obtained): Lady Nimriel, Bovus, Takumi, Mangle, Dagrund, Ignus, Jabber, Squinch, Willow, Masuta Kira, Nub Nub, Black Diamond, Alexandros, Yorick, Executum, Phenol
  • She's an interesting hero, she reminds me of Elsa thou :smiley: let it go, let it snow.
  • Here's a few PVP matches where I was experimenting with icebloom, probably a good source of tips on what not to do:

With hindsight, in this next video I should have taken out the IGOROK first...

• She has best hero power. Is she so good?
  • Just got her :smiley:
  • There is an error with the second ascension trait, the Chilles. It actually grants a 50% chance to SLOW not Chill; huge difference there. I sure hope the original design wasn't intended to chill?
  • When you press and hold Arcane Evo... we are not shown that it is also used for Icebloom ... kindly fix. Thanks :)
    DB%20Synchro%20Sig%20Lamento87-01_zpscwpe7cwj.png
    edited December 2015
    @bubonic420 I thought it was intended...
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
    @Joel Yo devs don't change the 50% chance to slow on hit, I think it's really unique and makes her worthy of grinding all the tokens for... Or paying for. Plus, she's not /that/ great without it.
  • So, she's an Igorok/Selwyn counter, and that's it? She seems very MEH to me.
    @MysticJon I wouldn't even say she's a direct counter. Too squishy and not enough damage, IGOROK's basics would simply beat hers. More like a, "Make everyone else on your team an IGOROK counter" hero.
  • Her 1 hp "not yet dead" trait can be a game changer in PvP. It tripped me up pretty good. When timing and hit order is critical, this ability can mess things up for an attacker.
    I found that her Unbreakable Heart passive doesn't work if she's marked for death or feared.
  • GregGreg Member, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited December 2015
    @Joel Yo devs don't change the 50% chance to slow on hit, I think it's really unique and makes her worthy of grinding all the tokens for... Or paying for. Plus, she's not /that/ great without it.

When I wrote that profile I made a mistake. It should say Slow not Chill. So it works correctly, the profile here is just wrong.

Fear does not kill, its makes the target flee - so Unbreakable Heart will not trigger.

Marked for Death should not have any effect though - I will look into that.

In general Icebloom not a bit of a complex support Hero to play - Let it Snow is not just something you want to use right away in most cases for instance - have fun experimenting! :)
  • Can anyone confirm that Igorok's damage takes place and kills before the healing from the freeze. Could have sworn in the Tower I saw my Torchy take lethal damage from Polar Pounding and then immediately heal from the freeze so he did not die. Did I not see that correctly?
    GalakSS
    @Greg OH THANK YOU I AM SO HAPPY THAT THE 50% SLOW THING IS HERE TO STAY!

I just think it's so awesome and makes battles really easy! Thanks!
  • She's terrific IMHO but NOT being able to use Cryosleep at ALL on the last enemy is annoying..! I'd at least like to hit with it, maybe not waste the time shrinking a bad guy and waiting for revival, but at LEAST have the use open to us, and maybe on that last hero it could simply represent a slightly larger percent Dmg than a regular wand strike...? It just feels like a waste having a terrific Ascention and not being able to utilize in every situation... Nevertheless, I Still dig her quite a lot... And yes, with Igo it's quite lovely!!!! >:)
  • Let it goooooooooo...
    I like her, but I think her skill is a bit too random. A full freeze team can pack a serious punch.
    352jgpw.jpg
  • i experimented a bit and i say she is a big gamble to use. her let it snow decides if you win or lose. i still like her though
              ノ`ー'、
              ) (⌒) (
     l\       `ヽ-、/´ /!
     〉:::lヽ、  ァ‐-、,o,_ ,.ィ  /l::〉
     >:::| ノヽ,r〉;'´::::::::`ヽ}イ |::>
     く:::':、 〈 Y!ノメ人ス)〉n  l::フ
      i`ヽ;〉  ノルリ ゚ ー.゚ノ「 ア /イ
      '、゚ 。`'ーイ:〈,i(( !)}],ノ,ノ。/
       \。゚ 〈/ン'^~フヽ、゚/
        ` く/'ト,ラ^i_ラ'´ ´

Go chibi Reiuji Utsuho!!! aka. Okuu
                 ,. ''"´ ̄ ̄`"'' ー- 、,
              ト─'-..、.,_ __, ─-、__   ヽ
              {\::::::::::::::;>'、_r‐、 ヽ--、}、
             r´\ `'ー/:::/:;::::::;:::::ヽ-'ヽr‐ヽ
             `7Σ\/:::::/ト-|:::/|:::::::;:::::::l`ヽノ-‐ァ
             ;':::::::::`7::::::;'ァテlr'、 |:::::/|::::::|::::::';::イ
            ./::::::::::::::|::::::l人_zリ  |/ /__:;':::::::|ン
            /::::/::::::::::|!:::::|""       ァr、/|:::::/
           ;:::::;':::|:::::::;ハ:::::|      り,ム::レイ
            |:::/ヽ|::::/:::::'::::;: 、  `    ゙,ハ|::::|!
           ∨  レヘr、_」ムr_,>‐=ァ壬|::∧;'
               ., '´   \}/´ ̄`Y`ヽイ
               /      {   rン、  |
              .{    /´「 ̄ ̄ヽト-'、
               ' 、_  /  ;'"´ ̄`ヽト-、}
        / ̄`'::.、    `ヽ.  |      |  |
       /::/´ ̄`ヽ::':,    |:::\ |      ;   ;
        {:::{.___   ',:::',   /:::::::::':、    ./、_/
       /',:::',-- 、`ヽ|::::|/:::::::\::::ヽ--‐':::::}
      ;:::/\\ \:|:;:':::::::::;:::-──--::、::::;!、
      .{:::{  ):::)   7::::::/::-‐;:>'"´ ̄`ヽ‐' 、
      ',::',//  ,r{::::/;:>'"´        }   ヽ、
       (_/、  ,∠-<          /    「「`ヽ.
         \:/    \ \   _,,,... -‐<> 、,_ノノ  }
         .;'      ,.>''"´`''ー─ ''"´ ̄   `゙ヽ.__ノ
          '、_,,.. '"´

Thank you spoiler tag!!! Chen Stays!!!
  • Dodgeballz wrote: »
    She's terrific IMHO but NOT being able to use Cryosleep at ALL on the last enemy is annoying..! I'd at least like to hit with it, maybe not waste the time shrinking a bad guy and waiting for revival, but at LEAST have the use open to us, and maybe on that last hero it could simply represent a slightly larger percent Dmg than a regular wand strike...? It just feels like a waste having a terrific Ascention and not being able to utilize in every situation... Nevertheless, I Still dig her quite a lot... And yes, with Igo it's quite lovely!!!! >:)

Totally agree. This would be a great way to allow us to recharge energy which is probably why they don't do it, but still...
  • One of the people on my friends list had her and so I thought I might as well try her out. I summoned her in and all she really did was freeze my team and not the enemies. Plus the fact that because she wasn't apart of my team I didn't receive any health or healing it was more of a curse than it was helpful.
    Part of NotMyFirstRodeo.
    Level 51.
    Without a doubt terrible at the game.
  • Just wondering, can Cryosleep fail? I just cast it on one of the jellies in Plagued Island and Icebloom did her animation but nothing happened and the energy was lost.
    McNoob
  • I have a question about Icebloom maybe somebody can answer. I'm wondering if Let it Snow keeps heroes frozen for 2 turns or 1?

The reason I'm asking is I've done several raids where Icebloom did let it snow and the other team + my Therand all froze. But at end of round Therand un-froze but other team didn't. So in the next round Therand got to take a turn and other team was still frozen...

The other possibility is that Icebloom + Igo's freezes are stacking. So if Ice goes then Igo, my team got frozen once, but other team got hit twice and they stacked??? I'm not sure which way it is SUPPOSED to go but I can verify that the thing with Therand un-freezing and other team staying frozen has occurred on multiple raids.
    Gmun
  • freeze dont stuck. just when icebloom freeze all and she is last, she aslo slow enemy. which occur your team start 1st, then enemy defrost and you go again