Hero Spotlight: Icepick

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited January 2016 in Hero Spotlights
ujvy6ff361c0.png

Background:
From the icy depths of hell, Icepick arrives ready to conquer the world one kneecap and ankle biting step at a time! Just don’t tell him that he’s cute -- he seriously hates that.

Most Hated Hero: Julius

Element: WATER: 30% bonus against FIRE enemies.

Traits:
  • Tit for Tat: Any CRIT taken will cause Icepick to CRIT on his next attack.
  • Spontaneous Cover: Aegis Shield is automatically cast each time Icepick take damage.
  • Insulated Woolies: Immune to Frostbite, Freeze, Chill.
Abilities and Ascensions:
  • Claw: Basic little Demon physical melee attack.
  • Hailstorm: Ranged Cold attack on all enemies for 201 (scales) damage and a chance for Frostbite. (When Frostbite is applied to an enemy that enemy takes damage if they use any Ability).
Next Ascension

Required Evos
  • Nature Evo: 22
  • Water Evo: 35
  • Water Evo Monarch: 8
  • Astral Evo: 3
New Trait!
  • Tortured Soul: CRIT damage increases as Health decreases.
New Ability!
  • Deal With the Devil: Borrow 25% (scales) health from an ally to heal self. (Allies heal that Health back at the start of the next round) (Note: This ability will kill an ally if their Health is at or below 25% - use with caution!)
Next Ascension

Required Evos
  • Water Monarch: 30
  • Dark Evo: 30
  • Runed Evo: 9
  • Shadow Evo: 2
New Ability!
  • Blood in the Water: 2 attacks on an enemy for 108 (scales) base damage, does additional damage vs targets with 25% health or less.
Post edited by Joveth on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com

Comments

• Omg awesome! Loving it already!
    Current Level: 70! King of the hill!
    IGN MooCopYT
    Shared Hero: Kira
    Favourite Hero: Mausta Kira (6* and runed up to 3k attack!)
    Officer in Spud Brigade
  • meowstaa_meowstaa_ Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    IS THAT A CAT?!
    Meow likey.
    p2h9edr4yd1o.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    Shared Hero: Ippy
    Joel wrote: »
    [*] Spontaneous Cover: Aegis Shield is automatically cast each time Icepick take damage.

So bringing him vs willow.. guaranteed crit + shield. Oh man, meta is about to explode.

p2h9edr4yd1o.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Speed?
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• Spontaneous Cover is a great idea. Tic for Tac is also interesting but I wonder if he could actually take a crit to crit back
    @Renly Normal. If it was fast or slow it would have the passive and tag,
    p2h9edr4yd1o.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
  • Maestro5563Maestro5563 Member
    edited January 2016
    3 Astral u kidding me?!
    Wait, I got 3 to spare >:)
    2 Shadow wut?!
    Hmm, I got 2, lucky... >:)

Bwahahahaha...
    But I'm low on gem :'(

I will max him instantly? Maybe not...
    I will FA him instantly? Of course I am... (Farming Power)
    8l9q4r4zvubt.png
    The Greatest Evo Farming Master
  • @meowstaa_

He seems like a Willow counter only if Willow is on defense (and we assume she targets him). If he is on defense you can just bring Willow and Kira.
  • If a strong Willow snipes him, isn't he still done for? If he's got around the same hit points as nitpick, can't imagine him surviving a sniper shot with the nature bonus for him to even use the nice passives.
  • @zugzug

My comment assumed his shield passive worked similar to bloom in that he couldn't be one shot. If not, I agree with you.
  • meowstaa_ wrote: »
    [*] Spontaneous Cover: Aegis Shield is automatically cast each time Icepick take damage.

So bringing him vs willow.. guaranteed crit + shield. Oh man, meta is about to explode.

I'm sure willow will 1 shot him.
  • @mr_master2 @zugzug judging from the wording. It only activates after he takes damage. If willow with tsume buff can one shot him at even level and star, then he's not going to do much
    Level: 56
    Hero Progression: Link
    vwntrboitskp.png
  • Will be interesting to see where/if he fits into the PvP metagame...although Willow looks like a super easy counter.

Blood in the Water sounds particularly meh...

Mustybadger
  • Icepick has some strange passives... I want him!
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • I do not think i am intrested. He seems to have low health. Williwo will 1 shot him propablly.
  • Seems like cannon fodder to me, with all the powerful Augustuses and Willows running around in PvP...
    TYRANNO992

• I wish he wasn't that similar to Nitpick, both in design and in name. But whatever, he is freaking awesome.
    In-game level: 6x
    Shared Hero: Phenol Thoxian ★★★★★★
    Favourite Heroes: Phenol Thoxian, Shadowblade, Samurai Takumi, King Yorick, Sir William, Overlord Executum
  • •Spontaneous Cover: Aegis Shield is automatically cast each time Icepick take damage. what....oh my that's lovely
    Slingin' Fries since Dec 2015
    The Potato Army
    DB_Sig_Potato_kaildaka_zpsscmimvi1.png
  • Wondering how much the "crit damage" is increased when his health is low. Kinda Tsume-like but only if he crits. He does sound like he would work well with Tsume.

Sounds heroes like Tsume or a Rogar with the multi-hit attack (double chop, skull cracker)would also be a good counter to him as well with that auto-Aegis shield.
  • I want him already
    When I left you I was but the learner. Now I am the potato master.
  • For one brief shining moment I had unlocked Dhaegon and had all the non-VIP heroes. Guess it's back to work now...
  • I'm liking the possibilities with this critter.
    z8739qn4og6c.png
  • ZolcsimusZolcsimus Member
    edited January 2016
    meowstaa_ wrote: »

How is it breaking meta when he is a water hero and as such Willow tends to 1 shot those kind easily. So I'm not sure how Aegis shield will save him from death when it is applied after the fact he got the damage.. Maybe I misunderstand the trait? It is not like Iceblooms Frozen heart trait when she survives with 1 hp. That would have been sick though lol.. I think he will fit well in PVE for sure.
    edited January 2016
    All these assumptions about him being squishy, the same we thought for icebloom and look at her now..
    Besides, what I suggested was (the overused) BD willow defenses, Bd hits, activates aegis, willow sniper shots for 0 and grants him crits. Plus, if bd takes him low enough (assuming that he lives a crit, willow does so why cant he?) crit damage boost can be lethal.
    Just assumptions so far, cant say anything for sure until actual releas. Cooldowns on the othr abilities can play a significant role.(not much firepower otherwise)
    p2h9edr4yd1o.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
  • It was Icepick on the load screen!
    lkpdwacb5baf.jpg
  • Do we know yet how his tokens will be obtained other than the current PvP tournament?
    1611701?gid=
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    This is awesome. I'm excited to add him to my roster and this will be my first time gemming PVP. I finished Pontifex yesterday and have no need for honor scrolls any more. I WILL PLUNDER THE WEAK AND USURP THE STRONG! BWAHAHAHA!

TW, I have been waiting for an attack like Hailstorm for a long time! This is going to be fun!
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2016
    This is awesome. I'm excited to add him to my roster and this will be my first time gemming PVP. I finished Pontifex yesterday and have no need for honor scrolls any more. I WILL PLUNDER THE WEAK AND USURP THE STRONG! BWAHAHAHA!

TW, I have been waiting for an attack like Hailstorm for a long time! This is going to be fun!

I'm excited to see this. Go Haxus!
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• brinstarbrinstar Member
    edited January 2016
    It was Icepick on the load screen!
    lkpdwacb5baf.jpg

Ah, so there will be a Yellow Shadowblade and an Evo character! Sorta Neat.

Honestly, not digging Icepick right now. I'll wait until I see him completely after unlock so I can say a complete opinion, but from what I see, he's an interesting character clone of Nitpick that has some pretty neat boons, but what seems to look like pretty bad flaws in Willow and such. I hope he's better than how he's looking now, like having a large defense stat!

Speaking of which, this game is really into darkness and hell lol. With Demons and Hell and all, I wouldn't be surprised if some parents make a group and call this a Satanic game lol (we all know it's clearly not).