Hero Spotlight: Icepick

Comments

• @meowstaa_ that is true, didn't think of the AOE defenses with Willow sniping second. Personally I don't run that defense (personally feel AOE attacks are dangerous with all the attacking Tsumes), but I can see how icepick would be a good counter to this.

Speaking of Tsume - will icepick's Aegis shield activate automatically after the first slash of soul shred?

I will say though Icebloom is not squishy due to her unbreakable heart. She'll always require two hits to kill. Unless they give icepick a massive amount of HPs (and assuming he'll be a heroic portal hero that will be tough to * up this early by most folks), I can see him still going down in one hit with all these strong nature heroes around.

• Ammo wrote: »
    Do we know yet how his tokens will be obtained other than the current PvP tournament?

Nope. Should find out in 30mins though.
    Level 31 - and leaving the game. Thanks to undesirable changes in the game.
    6* heroes (in order obtained): Pontifex, Icebloom, Therand
    5* heroes (in order obtained): Lady Nimriel, Bovus, Takumi, Mangle, Dagrund, Ignus, Jabber, Squinch, Willow, Masuta Kira, Nub Nub, Black Diamond, Alexandros, Yorick, Executum, Phenol
  • So after facing him in the event a couple of times now, it's official. If you don't OHKO him, he is an annoying little bugger to plan against with that auto-Aegis shield.
  • All the characters on the front screen do not show the characters that will come some are minions like the ego and ninja dungeon boss just randomly creates characters what I don't like is that all of new characters are mimics I want a completely new idea and an honor summon character and maybe anew celestial evo
  • zugzug wrote: »
    So after facing him in the event a couple of times now, it's official. If you don't OHKO him, he is an annoying little bugger to plan against with that auto-Aegis shield.

I've been running a full beast team - the "hog-wild" double attack takes care of that shield pretty quickly :)
  • More demons for Augustus
  • Who thinks Icepick will be OP with tsume? "Deal With the Devil: Borrow 25% (scales) health from an ally to heal self. (Allies heal that Health back at the start of the next round) (Note: This ability will kill an ally if their Health is at or below 25% - use with caution!)"

Just borrow 25% health from Tsume and soul shred will kill opponents! Pair up with Squinch;s "Playing with Fire" for an absolute massacre.

Aegis Shield everytime hit? Does anyone have any doubts about how much balancing this guy needs?!
    ouldpa73a39.png

6* Hero Count: Squinch, Willow Swift, Black Diamond, Ignus the Mad, Chief NubNub, Therand Fiddlestrom, Pontifex Mortis, Dagrund Blacksmoke, Tsume, Mangle Jaw, King Yorick, Samurai Takumi
    Check out my Kill Quest chart here!
    See my guide to the Tower of Pwnage here!
  • Icepick will defiantly be a game changer no doubt. Probably one of the most OP charecters to date
    Part of NotMyFirstRodeo.
    Level 51.
    Without a doubt terrible at the game.
  • Can Augustus one shot him
  • Anyone else notice that when Willow hits him and his shield is down, the sniper shot crits and then automatically removes the guaranteed crit buff from him?
  • @joel @Joveth
    Does icepick will stay in heroic summon or will move to vip?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    AEGIS SHIELD. ON EVERY OTHER ENEMY ATTACK.

FAIR AND BALANCED THANKS DEVS THIS WONT RUIN PVP

Actually I love OP heroes but its just kinda weird, we already had Icebloom and she was OP enough, why another OP water/ice hero?

Do you guys love ice or somethin'?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • zugzug wrote: »
    Wondering how much the "crit damage" is increased when his health is low. Kinda Tsume-like but only if he crits. He does sound like he would work well with Tsume.
    I've seen 2.75 with I believe just over 25% health. Maybe <25% will be x3.
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • gmungmun Member
    edited January 2016
    Post edited by gmun on
    Gmun
  • I like how everyone screams OP when he's been out for less than a day. There's always a niche to every hero. Tsume, Augustus, and/or maybe Willow would be able to make quick work of him. Time will tell.
  • @JackHallow666 devs be like:hey,lets give icepick a aegis shield with no cooldown.it surely aint OP
  • I think he's over-designed. Don't get me wrong :wink:, it's exciting to see those intriguing new passives and attacks, and I am appreciative that devs are coming up with all these amazing ideas and keeping the game fresher than ever, but all these creativities rolled into one hero is a bit overwhelming and confusing, at least for me. I prefer characters like BD, Julius and Tsume that feel slightly more focused and refined. Icepick, on the other hand, seems like a mish-mash of critter and Tsume-lite, who channels his inner Yasmin every other round, who can also pull a reverse Ella. And on top of that, a new debuff... Very fancy, indeed.

I am not complaining though, just stating some opinions of the direction in which DB's hero design seems to be heading.
    Still VERY VERY VERY EXCITED for our 50th hero and can't wait to find out his synergy with other heroes!!!!! Yay! :blush:
    IGN: Kierkegaard
  • I was lucky enough to full unlock him with one 300 gem portal, and ive been trying to use him in PVP, but he so squishy, the shield doesnt even come if he gets one shot. I cant see a team he would fit in, and when attacking with him, enemy willows always target him and one shot, its depressing. Another note, the "chill" damage after using a spell is so low, theres really no point to it, and if youre allowing the enem to use so many spells in PVP, youve probably lost already anyway. If you think im wrong, tell me otherwise, just my opinon, I dont see him happening. Maybe he can work in PVE, where small fry continuously trigger the shield activation... maybe.
    It's either PVP AI sucks, or my defense blows, i cant decide. SOMEONE SUGGEST ME A GOOD DEFENDING TEAM!!
  • LeptoLepto Member
    edited January 2016
    In campaign I haven't yet seen the AI use any active abilities while under the effect of frostbite. (Admittedly, my sample size is still small, and my Icepick is still too weak for PvP). I was trying to see the magnitude of damage done (20% health) and if the damage occurs before or after abilities cast.

Has anyone seen the AI cast abilities under frostbite? I'm starting to wonder if frostbite will effectively serve as a long duration area silence if the AI is resistant to casting while affected by it. E: and never mind. In the tower the AI is happy to cast under and kill themselves with frostbite.
    Post edited by Lepto on
    Read this to learn how damage is calculated.
    Read my hero compendium to get more information on hero mechanics.
  • The icepick in the event dungeon must have way more HP than the normal Icepick you will see in PVP. In the dungeon 6* Willow only takes the 2* icepick to half health with sniper shot. In PVP he's dead.
    Gmun
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I feel like Icepick is way too complicated. If heroes in this game are supposed to all be balanced in some way, than because Icepick is so OP, all the other heroes (Except maybe a few like Tsume/Icebloom/Zurk) should be buffed too.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Just took my 4* FA Icepick against a 5* FA Willow, got 1 shotted. In short, it's more Willow food.
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    CRUSH ALL THE NERDS!
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Boss_SenpaiBoss_Senpai Member
    edited January 2016
    Even if Zurk has Crush the nerds Ice Pick will still strike first. Meaning if you cant one hit with willow, zurk is a waste of a slot because his attacks need time to charge and his special will make frost bite take a big chunk out of health. Ice pick is OP and the Agis Shield is a night mare. Especially from Aoe Attacks, effects, ect because he gets an agis shield FROM ANY DAMAGE SOURCE.

Ice pick op.

If you have Augustus fully pimped out. You are a lucky, man this update.
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    So, all Zurk's attacks do x2 damage, It's not like Squinch 1 hit kills warriors. Plus he gets rampage. My advice is to leave Icepick alone until you've cleaned up his teammates.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Not really seeing how Icepick is so "super OP". He's easily picked off by Willow/Augustus and in the case that you don't use those two and don't one shot him, as long as you focus down the other team members and leave him alone, the Aeigis shield is then taken care of just by your alternating attacks. If Icepick was some super hard hitting IGOROK like water hero with these abilities, I'd understand. But I'm just not seeing him being OP.
  • Haxus I think in this case pvl leaving alone is not smart cause he gives minus 20% health for every special attack I know he's useful guys especially pwnage but I don't see him as soooo op I find ice bloom a much better hero and I think that really willow is the op one here we need tanks water not squishy and preferably more other elements heros
  • RogueRadar wrote: »
    Not really seeing how Icepick is so "super OP". He's easily picked off by Willow/Augustus and in the case that you don't use those two and don't one shot him, as long as you focus down the other team members and leave him alone, the Aeigis shield is then taken care of just by your alternating attacks. If Icepick was some super hard hitting IGOROK like water hero with these abilities, I'd understand. But I'm just not seeing him being OP.

He is super OP

52lxclbl9c0d.jpg

• Looky there no willow