Tower of Pwnage Revamped & More! [Extended to 3pm CST!]

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
bbcm8tprvwia.png

[NOTE: We've extended the event to 3pm CST!]

The Tower of Pwnage is now better than ever! It’s sort of difficult to make a dark stone tower look nicer, but we thought putting more gold around the place would help brighten things up. We’ve also made Pwnage Points easier to get and spread gems all around the tower instead of just on the top floor!

You’ll notice that the tower now only contains 275 gems, so what happened to the other 25? They’ll be waiting for you in a new daily quest that is completed by beating the third floor of Tower each day.

We also wanted to do something extra special to celebrate the changes by featuring a special event with Tower quests that give out scrolls and hero tokens!

We also got an amazing portal event going on featuring Bovus and Ekko in the Great Portal, IGOROK in the Heroic Portal, and Pontifex in the Honor Portal!

You'll also get Double Pwnage Points for completing the Tower during the event too.

And of course, we got some special PVP tournament rewards in the form of Ella tokens. The top ranking players can win up to 20 Ella tokens and a ton of scrolls!

That's a lot of stuff! Enjoy, and keep your eyes out for even more awesome things in the near future.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on

Comments

• GopherManGopherMan Member
    edited January 2016
    So, having already ran my tower today, I've shorted myself on some event rewards? I haven't got to log in yet and see for myself.
  • @joel what about the players who already done the tower today?
  • EsquireEsquire Member
    edited January 2016
    Bovus 6* last night. Igo is 2/250 - not interested, and Ponti is at 4* and not a strong character IMO. So... Blah.

Will see if tower changes make much of a difference, but since I full clear it daily I expect the only real change for me is more gold.

Would have loved an Ella tweak and event though.

As made clear above, any indication of when/if refresh times will be aligned to avoid unfair results? Pvp tourney, event start/end and all other updates should coincide with token and tower reset. If pvp sniping is an issue then don't allow gem buys for pvp in the last # hours of pvp tourney, or rotate the update time daily/weekly (e.g. 10 am PST one day/week, then 1 pm PST the next, etc)
    Level: 61
    Shared Hero: 60 Black Diamond 6*, FA
    The "Tater" Litigator ;)
    It is easy to complain, but not easy to complain well
    DB_Tsume_Signature_Esquire3_zpspvz6y0wz.png
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Investing in Ekko (and your sanity) while he's in the Great Summon means less Ekko pulls in the Heroic Portal. Invest while you can!
    Post edited by Renly on
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• @joel You should reset the tower so we can participate in this event. It really would be nice to know the upcoming events ahead of time so we can plan.
  • iTPCiiTPCi Member
    edited January 2016
    Why??

What is the difference between giving us the 25 gems when we beat the tower.

Compared to beating the tower and Completing the quest for 25 gems

Seems like a weird change.....

Like very very very weird change
    Guild: Society of Bosses
    Time for some PVP!!
    50x50px-ZC-0bd11019_hulk-smile.gif
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Hey @xpsf3, we’re aware and will make it up to those that completed the tower before the changes went live today. :)
  • Can someone who can actually participate in this event show what quests and rewards you get from each floor?
  • iTPCi wrote: »
    Why??

I don't have the quests as I don't have the tower... I'm going to hazard a very random guess that the quest now comes with 25 gems but also a certain amount of xp?

Someone will be able to confirm/deny this easily enough when quests reset.

I'm not complaining, just hypothesising a possible reason.
    Level 31 - and leaving the game. Thanks to undesirable changes in the game.
    6* heroes (in order obtained): Pontifex, Icebloom, Therand
    5* heroes (in order obtained): Lady Nimriel, Bovus, Takumi, Mangle, Dagrund, Ignus, Jabber, Squinch, Willow, Masuta Kira, Nub Nub, Black Diamond, Alexandros, Yorick, Executum, Phenol
    Why??

Maybe the new daily event contains XP and encourages people to level up? If so, I'm not going to claim it but it may be beneficial to some people
    Why??

So let's say I don't finish a tower one day and it rolls over to the next day. I won't have grabbed the quest reward day 1 and now when I grab the quest reward the next day, if I finish the new tower in that day I'm guessing I don't get another "quest" to collect. That doesn't sound like the better way to approach this....
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • I am on level 5 in the tower and of course canot complete the first quest to beat level 1... what will happen now?
    DB%20Synchro%20Sig%20Lamento87-01_zpscwpe7cwj.png
  • dyraTANKSdyraTANKS Member
    edited January 2016
    @joel so what about those 25 gems?
    Cuz they aren't in any quests.
    ithld4klfym7.png
    mx2j3p2kundb.png
    DB_Tyra_PotatoSig_smile2_zpseuhidpn2.png
    6qjqge19ypcg.pngvb70lvri64fd.png
  • @dyraTANKS I suspect you will need the quests to reset on changeover before the "new" one with 25 gems shows up.
    Level 31 - and leaving the game. Thanks to undesirable changes in the game.
    6* heroes (in order obtained): Pontifex, Icebloom, Therand
    5* heroes (in order obtained): Lady Nimriel, Bovus, Takumi, Mangle, Dagrund, Ignus, Jabber, Squinch, Willow, Masuta Kira, Nub Nub, Black Diamond, Alexandros, Yorick, Executum, Phenol
  • TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    If it's a daily quest, you probably won't see it until tomorrow.
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • @Decadent
    That doesn't make sense. These are those quests. They launched at 10am pst and I started and completed my tower after that. Should've contained 300 gems like the banner said when I logged in.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @dyraTANKS, that quest is part of the event. The 25 gems quest is a daily.

@PrezObama, the quest is completed by beating the third floor of the Tower (I didn't specify in my initial post and have edited it accordingly). If you beat the third floor of the tower on a given day, you can collect those gems immediately.
  • @Joel Thanks. So the opportunity to lose 25 gems if you "skip" a day of the tower and let it roll over is present then, correct? Like if I wake up to a fresh tower tomorrow, beat floors 1 and 2 and an emergency comes up and I can't log in again until tomorrow. Then I clear yesterday's tower and today's tower, there will only be one 25 gem quest to collect right?
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • dyraTANKSdyraTANKS Member
    edited January 2016
    @Joel
    What daily is that? I don't see anything.

Just know. As of right now, the banner saying the "300 gems" is still there is incorrect. And you are misinforming all your players.
    @dyraTANKS Typically, when the devs add a new daily quest that new quest does not show up until your daily reset occurs.
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
  • Great, Bovus featured in Great Summon... I just spent ~22 million to 6* him...
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • @Therrinn
    If that is the case, they shouldn't have advertised "300 gems", nor ever promised that it was permanent.
    @MaCoPi You can go after Ekko if you haven't 6*'d him, at least.
    OverrideB1
  • Hmm no stam for higher levels intentional?
  • @PrezObama Honestly, if you can't complete 3 floors one days cause an emergency shows up, I'd give no care in the world about that I lost 25 gems. I'd just be glad that you can save a tower at all to the next day. Cause that seems like a feature that really wasn't intended, but was kept. :)
    My Hero Progression: https://goo.gl/PwVKil
    RLUs75l.png
  • MickeNorskMickeNorsk Member
    edited January 2016
    @dyraTANKS If you scroll up abit you'll see Joel wrote: Hey @xpsf3, we’re aware and will make it up to those that completed the tower before the changes went live today. :)

I'm sure starting tomorrow you'll get 300 again. Let's see if we get the 25 gems we lost in mail,
    RLUs75l.png
  • I hope you make it up to us by giving all the quest rewards. The tower had been out for 19 hours. Seems like an odd time to start an event
  • MickeNorsk wrote: »
    @dyraTANKS If you scroll up abit you'll see Joel wrote: Hey @xpsf3, we’re aware and will make it up to those that completed the tower before the changes went live today. :)

I'm sure starting tomorrow you'll get 300 again. Let's see if we get the 25 gems we lost in mail,

That doesn't apply to me. I started and finished my entire tower after the "changes went live". Shouldn't that be 300? Not 275
  • @Azoic73 Do you mean the complete floor 1 to 12? Cause that's not daily quests, that's event quests. You can only complete those once. So meaning you will complete those tomorrow. The only quest rewards you missed is the daily quests that will be added for completing floor 3 that contains 25 gems. You will start seeing that one tomorrow.
    RLUs75l.png
  • It's now more difficult then before, while being level 37, I have to beat level 41's, 40's, with third ascentions in almost every stage.. It was hard before, but now I can't even finish it..