What is the best value purchase?

I started playing Dungeon Boss about a week ago. I've really been enjoying it and I'm ready to commit some real currency to it. I'm currently level 22 and I've got 20 heroes unlocked. What would you guys recommend buying from the shop with real currency to get the most out of the game/purchase?

Comments

• EosEos Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2016
    The VIP Bundle. You don't have to be VIP to get it it's just called.... nm. For $99, it gives 15k gems. 5 pulls on the VIP portal and 5 million gold I think. Pic somewhere..

kbgeomotvhc3.png
    0ci3qm92nk2y.png
    #TeamTaterTakeTheTown
    IGN: Dudum
    Champion: Dhaegon Stonecrusher 6* [60]
    Hero Wishlist: Lupina 6* (103/150), Augustus the Paladin 6* (107/150), Icebloom (224/100 to unlock), Thalia 10*
    Hero Cards
    When I'm fresh out of stamina sometimes I get a little snippy...Apologies.
  • Least value are the character ascension packs and/or the larvae packs they periodically release.

For character unlocks, the pack @Eos posted is the best value bundle. For ascension, you are probably better off waiting for an Evo event and buying stamina packs to quick loot Evos.

Mustybadger
  • For ascension, you are probably better off waiting for an Evo event and buying stamina packs to quick loot Evos.

This is my second Evo event, and after the last one I was seriously thinking about buying stamina for this one. However after the first day on stored and regenned stamina (maybe circa 200) spent and 0 evos... I'm far less inclined to buy a stamina pack now. So it's definitely still a bit of a gamble - you might get loads and you might get not a lot at all.

DB guys if you're hearing this... send some love my way so I can send some money your way!

RE: VIP Bundle; it might well have just been co-incidence and time spent playing related, but I never saw that bundle until I was VIP 4 and maybe 3 weeks into the game.
    Level 31 - and leaving the game. Thanks to undesirable changes in the game.
    6* heroes (in order obtained): Pontifex, Icebloom, Therand
    5* heroes (in order obtained): Lady Nimriel, Bovus, Takumi, Mangle, Dagrund, Ignus, Jabber, Squinch, Willow, Masuta Kira, Nub Nub, Black Diamond, Alexandros, Yorick, Executum, Phenol
  • Eos wrote: »
    The VIP Bundle. You don't have to be VIP to get it it's just called.... nm. For $99, it gives 15k gems. 5 pulls on the VIP portal and 5 million gold I think. Pic somewhere..

kbgeomotvhc3.png

There is another bundle with 10x heroic and 14k gems. For starters that one much better! VIP portal sux atm
  • I bought the 50 gems a day and was totally happy with that..
    They offer it again after it runs out, but I haven't bought it a second time because I wouldn't get VIP 2 with the purchase..
    The rest has no good price/value relation imo, I think it's all overpriced..
    But if you think the game is worth 40 or even 100 dollars, have fun and enjoy ^_^
    Never tried a stamina pack, maybe one day..
    @Decadent Indeed this event has very poor drop rate :-\ not a fan of it either
  • iTPCiiTPCi Member
    edited February 2016
    I started playing Dungeon Boss about a week ago. I've really been enjoying it and I'm ready to commit some real currency to it. I'm currently level 22 and I've got 20 heroes unlocked. What would you guys recommend buying from the shop with real currency to get the most out of the game/purchase?

The best deals is the the First time Gem purchases

Everyone gets 1 special Gem deal for each bundle

once you use it, it goes back to the standard gem bundle

i think there is one for each bundle amount
    Guild: Society of Bosses
    Time for some PVP!!
    50x50px-ZC-0bd11019_hulk-smile.gif
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Ker000neL wrote: »

There is another bundle with 10x heroic and 14k gems. For starters that one much better! VIP portal sux atm

This! Its the same price and a way better value. I bought 2 of the VIP bundles and have yet to use any of the VIP summons.

IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• Cheapest and BEST Deal for snags is the 50 gem daily pack, cheap, affordable, and gives 1.5k gems if you sign in everyday!
    I love Mk.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited October 12
    It takes about $100 to get to VIP 5 I think.

I got there with about $80 spread over a year because I got a couple of double VIP points deals, and mostly the $3 a month deal. VIP 5 gives you some nice bonuses on the daily rewards, and allows you access to the VIP Portal. Less than that still gives lesser benefits, more is really pointless unless you are throwing cash at the game.

Mostly I just buy the $3 a month pack if I have enough Google rewards from surveys so I'm actually spending less than $1 a month.

A lot of people take pride in being entirely free to play but a little cash can grease the wheels for you, making it less frustrating, and does support the developers.
    Post edited by Barleyman on
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Sometimes there's REALLY good deals on special occasions. You might see a couple this Halloween (I don't actually know). The last time they had them was around the 4th of July, red white and blue colored tags for deals that were just amazing. Like $9.99 for 10 heroic summons, $9.99 for 10 VIP summons, and some crazy good deals on gold and other stuff too. I think they also brought them back temporarily for... some event, rather recently. Forgot which one. Before Solaris though. So we might be due for some more great deals, and what better time to have them than on Halloween?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • A day or two ago I got a deal with x5 VIP summons. 2000 gems. Rare and common celestial evos. 50 ferno tokens. And like 500,000 gold for $30.

Like two weeks ago I got a similar one with 50 Koros tokens. It also had gold and like 2700 gems, but the exact amounts of this one I can't remember exactly.

Regardless, these type of deals that say stuff like "80% off!" seem like the best deals for me. They last like 12hrs and so far seem to be completely random. But worth the wait in my opinion.
  • KaceyKacey Member
    Has nobody noticed this thread is from February of last year
    FINAL BOSS OFFICER
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • There is one time deal and if you buy it while sale you can get 40000 gems for 100€ that was the best deal i have seen so far.
  • guys the nubnub ascends is easily the best in the game. If you are willing to spend $99.99 then wait for a sale and check the gems section. If the highest one is 40,000 gems then buy a cheaper one that gives around 20,000 gems. There is no sale right now so dont bother buying gem packs. After that wait for a pack in the specials section that would eventually show up, it should be called a fire starter pack. Combined 20,000 gems and the awesome fire starter pack you should reach vip 5
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited October 12
    Kacey wrote: »
    Has nobody noticed this thread is from February of last year

I'm more trying to understand why it was a moderator that necrod it >.< This information is no longer valid with 2x gem sales and should not be promoted!

Edit: I see now that it was actually Playcy that committed this egregious necro. Apologies to JackHallow.

TIL that yesterday was October 11th.
    Post edited by MattCauthron on
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @MattCauthron - maybe the moderator was asked to drum up some advertising for the special gem packages.
  • True
    I love Mk.