Hero Spotlight: Malice

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited February 2016 in Hero Spotlights
roce4dhyq926.png

Background:
The dark angel descends, fallen from grace, and seeking destruction. She rallies the demon hordes to her side in hopes of washing the world away into darkness.

Most Hated Hero: Augustus

Element: DARK: 30% bonus against LIGHT enemies.

Traits:
  • Gluttony: 20% Booster Damage for every buff on this Hero.
Abilities and Ascensions:
  • Swing: Basic Melee Physical attack doing 97 (scales) base damage.
  • Theft of Grace: Melee Spirit attack for 294 (scales) base damage, will purge 1 enemy buff and grant one elemental ATK buff to Malice. The element will be the same type as the target.
Next Ascension

Required Evos
  • Dark Evo: 32
  • Light Evo: 7
  • Nature Evo Monarch: 18
  • Crypt Evo: 3
New Trait!
  • Greed: Lifesteals on any CRIT.
  • Wrath: Damage increases as target Health decreases
New Ability!
  • Theft of Grace II: Melee Spirit attack for 317 (scales) base damage, will purge 2 enemy buff and grant one elemental ATK buff and one elemental DEF buff to Malice. The element will be the same type as the target
  • Purging of Sins: Melee Physical attack for 253 (scales) base damage that removes 1 debuff from all allies.
Next Ascension

Required Evos
  • Light Evo: 36
  • Dark Evo Monarch: 36
  • Coldfire Evo: 8
  • Infinity Evo: 2
New Trait!
  • Greed II: Lifesteals on any CRIT.
  • Demonic Pride: 25% chance allied Demons gain energy on enemy death.
New Ability!
  • Theft of Grace III: Melee Spirit attack for 317 (scales) base damage, will purge 2 enemy buff and grant one elemental ATK buff and one elemental DEF buff to Malice. The element will be the same type as the target
  • Envious Blade: 3 Melee Physical attacks for 113 (scales) base damage each. Has a 75% chance to destroy a buff with each attack.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on

Comments

• HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Emily is meant to tank a number of hits and be able to heal her team and dish damage back out later. Malice works as a purger. So she easily counters teams that rely on a heavy number of buffs put up like Abigail and Sir William. She works very similar to Ella but with a more buff related agenda. She also has a sort of reverse savage fury that works off the enemy. Yet there are a few potent differences between Ella and Malice. Malice doesn’t have the ability to heal allies. Unlike Ella who does better on any team Malice does her best work on those buffing teams making her very useful for warrior teams. Also to note she works very well with Ella. Ella’s long cooldowns can be sliced to shreds with malice on the team. Ella already has a good kill ratios so this works very well. For now pair her with Demons and Warriors and see what you can get.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • She looks beautiful! <3
    But she is VIP hero for now. :s
    *sigh*
    8l9q4r4zvubt.png
    The Greatest Evo Farming Master
  • Sad that she is VIP. I've been saving up gems for a 10x Summon and was hoping that Malice would be the one to blow them on. Indigo is available not, but she just looks so "meh", not much interest in her.
  • I tried to get her and failed miserably, 800 gems down the drain. The demons hate me
    Current Wishlist: Shade, the one hero I'm missing and have yet to ascend.

Proud member of Pact of Minds.

Kozar enthusiast.
  • DungeonProDungeonPro Member
    edited February 2016
    So Malice is basically a purger/team random buffer....

Honestly all you have to do is put a whole bunch of crit boosts on her (Ekko's Energize, Julius's Barrel Toss) and you got a high-damaging, always-healing hero. Oh, and add in Nub Nub for even MORE heals and crits. Just a few tips!
    ouldpa73a39.png

6* Hero Count: Squinch, Willow Swift, Black Diamond, Ignus the Mad, Chief NubNub, Therand Fiddlestrom, Pontifex Mortis, Dagrund Blacksmoke, Tsume, Mangle Jaw, King Yorick, Samurai Takumi
    Check out my Kill Quest chart here!
    See my guide to the Tower of Pwnage here!
  • @Joel As far as I can see, Malice doesn't have greed when she's unascended. She only obtains greed once she's once ascended. Is that a typo or a mistake?4b3iep45zkvk.png
    Zernium
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Great. More power creep. Keep this up and you'll find yourselves out of ways to make money, @Joel @Joveth.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • @Zernium Is that greed AND gluttony in a single trait icon? Wow, she really is a demon from hell. Hmmm.... Anyone notice the similar design between not Malice and Archangel, but Malice and Ella?
    ouldpa73a39.png

6* Hero Count: Squinch, Willow Swift, Black Diamond, Ignus the Mad, Chief NubNub, Therand Fiddlestrom, Pontifex Mortis, Dagrund Blacksmoke, Tsume, Mangle Jaw, King Yorick, Samurai Takumi
    Check out my Kill Quest chart here!
    See my guide to the Tower of Pwnage here!
    Great. More power creep. Keep this up and you'll find yourselves out of ways to make money, @Joel @Joveth.

Pretty sure a team of experienced people who went to school to make this game know a thing or two about making money.
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • omg..... must have but no $ :'(

5fzg6P6.jpg
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @HaxusBloodbane Knowing how to make money doesn't mean knowing how to plan for the future. I know it's an extreme comparison, but do you think oil companies know what to do once they run out of oil? Sure, adding flashier, more powerful heroes with a bunch of new passives and OPAF abilities will bring in a lot of money while its new, but then they need to make heroes to top it to get more money, and new ones, and new ones, and eventually there's no balance and people stop playing because it becomes too Pay-To-Win. That's my issue. Also the clear sign since Augustus came out that newer hero = More powerful hero and also VIP/Heroic exclusive.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
    @HaxusBloodbane Knowing how to make money doesn't mean knowing how to plan for the future. I know it's an extreme comparison, but do you think oil companies know what to do once they run out of oil? Sure, adding flashier, more powerful heroes with a bunch of new passives and OPAF abilities will bring in a lot of money while its new, but then they need to make heroes to top it to get more money, and new ones, and new ones, and eventually there's no balance and people stop playing because it becomes too Pay-To-Win. That's my issue. Also the clear sign since Augustus came out that newer hero = More powerful hero and also VIP/Heroic exclusive.

I don't think so. I think they release heroes to counter current metas. If you make something good people will pay for it. That's dungeon boss. I don't have a complaint about the game save for a few trivial things that really don't matter. I'm here to have fun and dungeon boss is fun.
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
    Renly wrote: »
    I know it's an extreme comparison, but do you think oil companies know what to do once they run out of oil?

Irrelevant side note: Thanks to technological innovation the world now has more oil exploitable reserves than it will ever need so the last barrel of oil on Earth will be virtually worthless.

Julius and Indigo didn't break the game and neither will Malice. In three months time she will be kicked out of the VIP portal and thrown into the Heroic. Sure, there are a lot of players who already 6*'d her, but at the cost of apx. 20,000 gems. 20,000 gems is a lot of money for a player to fork over just to max a single hero that will not do much to terribly upset the PVP balance. And think, most of those who did max her would still be able to kick your (and my) **** without her.

VIP heroes aren't going anywhere, and are a good way to quickly raise a lot of extra capital for our devs who can in turn make further improvements to the game.

And I love improvements!
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • i like Malice in def. so easy to beat. But i fail 1st try in PVP, then no more.

And my tower offer me Malice also :)))

ywcx35bttuxx.jpg
  • Uszaty223Uszaty223 Member
    edited February 2016
    I wish that devs have made some changes around the portals. Heroic portal is holding too much stuff now and it's really hard to get certain heroes
    In-game level: 6x
    Shared Hero: Phenol Thoxian ★★★★★★
    Favourite Heroes: Phenol Thoxian, Shadowblade, Samurai Takumi, King Yorick, Sir William, Overlord Executum
  • @Ker000neL I had her too
    f6z012dkdmp1.png
    >:)
  • Uszaty223 wrote: »
    I wish that devs have made some changes around the portals. Heroic portal is holding too much stuff now and it's really hard to get certain heroes

It should be as simple as removing Alex and Ignus as they are available elsewhere, and moving Ekko to Great Summons.

FYI, Indigo has been removed from Heoric summons hero drop list.

• Great. More power creep. Keep this up and you'll find yourselves out of ways to make money, @Joel @Joveth.

Mind you she still gets popped by Augustus and has no defensive traits.

She also annihilates single element teams.
    Current Wishlist: Shade, the one hero I'm missing and have yet to ascend.

Proud member of Pact of Minds.

Kozar enthusiast.
  • I got malice in the heroic portal during the Dark Angel event. I did this without any in app purchases. Just got lucky, since she is probably one of the rarest heros in the game. Her ranking for rarity is probably just under the legendary guys like IGOROK(who I used to have, got him in th Indestructable Tanks event). In pvp, she is probably one of the worst heros at it unless ascended or a 4* or up. I use her alot in campaigne since my usual team is all nature, so every time time I come across a fire level, she's probably in, along with ignus, takumi, and maybe emily. She does alot of damage and theft of grace can ko most light enemys and even bosses if it's a critical. If you want to see malice in action, friend Sparklestarley3, Im trying to get her ascended right now.
  • P.S. overall, I'd rate her 3.75\10 (a.k.a. crap)
  • Zernium wrote: »
    3@Joel As far as I can see, Malice doesn't have greed when she's unascended. She only obtains greed once she's once ascejajsjajsjsnded. Is that a typo or a mistake?4b3iep45zkvk.png

• Something must have changed. When she was released I specifically remember her being very strong, but now she rarely lasts through round 1.
    Bring back the original Heroic and VIP portals.

New players the chances of getting a hero to 6* after the portal change is nil. If you obtain VIP5 and gain access to the VIP portal maximizing a new hero costs approximately $550.
  • you copied off of aeorica gaming didn't you?
  • besides, she's really good in campaigne