Dungeon Boss Update: Challenge Mode And Level Cap Increase Overview

JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited March 2016 in General Discussion
Note from Joveth: This is the first in a series of blogs that kicks off our special preview of our next major game update. As always, due to the submission process, we can’t give exact dates for the update, but know that we are working hard to bring it to you folks soon. Enjoy!

Greetings Bosses,

We finally get the chance to meet! I am the Dark Overlord—and by that I mean the game’s Lead Content Designer, Chris M. What do I do? Well, I’m the person who is responsible for crafting the main PVE campaign and many of the special Event Dungeons that you continue to wage war against! But I’m not here just to introduce myself, I have something that I’ve been working on for the past few months that I’m happy to finally be able to share with the community!

We know that players like a good challenge, and we’ve been watching as many of you have defeated our most loyal and strongest minions in the game without even breaking a sweat. This has left me very unsettled, mainly because of all the therapy sessions I’ve had to provide for the Lich: you all really did a number on him!

But I digress! Players that are seeking a challenge and new content will be happy to hear that we’re not only raising the player level cap to 70 in our next big update, but that we’re also introducing Challenge Mode! What does that entail? Let’s dig in!
6m4e4euet78r.png

CHALLENGE MODE UPDATE NOTES
  • All previous Campaign Dungeons now have a Challenge Mode version.
  • Challenge Mode Unlocks at Player level 30.
  • And goes up to level 70!
zuv8lpjcbc8c.png
  • Challenge Mode Dungeons are "Level Clamped"
    • Hero levels will be scaled down to the level of the Dungeon.
  • 42 New Epic Dungeons Exclusive to Challenge Mode.
    • No shared friends or continues to save you now!
    • New Epic Dungeons have tweaked Boss fights to deliver a more challenging experience.
  • Challenge Mode Enemies have more STATS and more STARS!
  • Challenge Mode Enemies in the later Dungeons have the Blessing of the Seeker. Make sure your Heroes are all Blessed to counter this. [NOTE: We'll be expanding more on the new Blessing of the Seeker feature tomorrow!]
  • Epic Bosses got a major upgrade with more amped up abilities.
  • New Token drops can be found in Challenge Mode! These token drops include:
    • Alexandros
    • Archangel Emily
    • Augustus
    • Balog
    • Ekko
    • Icepick
    • Ignus the Mad
    • Julius
    • Life Reaper Brom
    • Overlord Executum
    • Phenol Thoxian
    • Pignius Maximus
    • Sifu Jianzhi
    • Yokozuna
  • Daily claimed tokens are linked to the normal dungeons so choose wisely on what you plan on collecting that day.
  • New Challenge Mode exclusive character! (Spotlight coming soon!)
    • He can be obtained through first time completions of Challenge Mode Dungeons and completing Challenge Mode Quests.
zbefdqtoywpv.jpg

FINAL DISCLAIMER!

These Dungeons are not meant for the faint of heart and they are here to provide an epic challenge for players seeking a difficult, yet rewarding gameplay experience. Best of luck heroes, you’re going to need it!

Sincerely,
Your “friendly” neighborhood Dark Overlord / Lead Content Designer, Chris
Joveth Gonzalez
Sr. Communications Manager @ Boss Fight Entertainment
Post edited by Joveth on

Comments

• OHHH NOOOOOOOOOOO.
    Level cap will be rised ;_______;
    I hope I'll get used to it quickly because I don't like this news :l
    In-game level: 6x
    Shared Hero: Phenol Thoxian ★★★★★★
    Favourite Heroes: Phenol Thoxian, Shadowblade, Samurai Takumi, King Yorick, Sir William, Overlord Executum
  • Thank you
  • Thanks for all the effort into this game
  • Bring on the challenge! Are these "Challenge Mode" dungeons going to cost 5 stamina as well?
  • TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Huzzah, I'm level 30 so I can already start checking out the challenge mode dungeons! Chris M, you and your code monekys' hard work is much appreciated.
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Twigbee wrote: »
    Bring on the challenge! Are these "Challenge Mode" dungeons going to cost 5 stamina as well?

Look at the picture in OP. All stamina costs are doubled.
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• Renly wrote: »
    Look at the picture in OP. All stamina costs are doubled.

Thanks! I'm viewing on mobile so I didn't even notice the image showed the costs :-)

• Joveth wrote: »
    Challenge Mode Enemies in the later Dungeons have the Blessing of the Seeker. Make sure your Heroes are all Blessed to counter this. [NOTE: We'll be expanding more on the new Blessing of the Seeker feature tomorrow!]
    I'm calling it, getting the Blessing of the Seeker involves new Monarch Celestials (maybe another name instead of Celestials) only to be found in Challenge Mode.
    Joveth wrote: »
    New Challenge Mode exclusive character! (Spotlight coming soon!)
    Dayum!!!
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • this challenges can be quick looted?
  • When is the update coming out? We are already trying to cope with the new PvP update, so can you please release this at least, in say, 3 months?

Thanks for all the effort on this game, but I know many people like me who are pretty new level 61's who are trying to star up their heroes and having to adjust rapidly to the new metas and dungeons. Add in event dungeons to all that madness!
    ouldpa73a39.png

6* Hero Count: Squinch, Willow Swift, Black Diamond, Ignus the Mad, Chief NubNub, Therand Fiddlestrom, Pontifex Mortis, Dagrund Blacksmoke, Tsume, Mangle Jaw, King Yorick, Samurai Takumi
    Check out my Kill Quest chart here!
    See my guide to the Tower of Pwnage here!
  • That's the upcoming Nightmare mode.
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • YES! OUI! SI! DA! JA!
  • I need this update yesterday
  • Light beast?!
    8kuh05ujgpt5.jpeg
  • Please name the new Sphinx looking hero Amun-Ra ! :expressionless:
  • Nice preview so far, glad to see the level cap extended! And new content at those upper levels to keep everyone energized for another 3-6 months
    Guild: Society of Bosses
    Time for some PVP!!
    50x50px-ZC-0bd11019_hulk-smile.gif
  • i am happy to cry.....
    LINE: Anokuu
    Email: GensokyoFamily@gmail.com
  • iTPCi wrote: »
    Nice preview so far, glad to see the level cap extended! And new content at those upper levels to keep everyone energized for another 3-6 months

Yup and by summer we'll have our next major game update to coincide with the summer event!

.... Just my predictions
  • I'm always happy to see new content and developers making improvements to their games it shows that they listen and care about their product.
  • So happy this is on the way. I can't wait to start working through the new levels.
  • YES!!!!!!
    IGN: CapnJimmy
    In Game Level: Up There
    Shared Hero: One of Too Many
    Guild: None
    Hero Power: Unknown
    Dungeons: ???
    Trophies: Maybe
    Hammers: Useless
  • @PrezObama thanks for the clarification on the now-closed thread

I'm going to predict the name of the new hero: The Seeker
  • Thank you for the new dungeons and new hero. WAIT. Are there more functions of guilds? Only do crowns is so boring.
  • ItchytorturepoxItchytorturepox Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Curious if, when the level cap increases, we will get any previously earned (but capped) player XP, and if so, any previously earned hero XP? I assume not, but the question should be asked.

I'm also assuming that "Raising the player level cap to 70", means "Raising the player level cap to 71.99" and raising the "Hero level cap to 70.0" ? :)
    Player level: 70.0
    My Dungeon Boss YouTube channel: YouTube.com/videos
  • Is challenge mode and hard mode the same thing but you use two different names for it, or is there going to be norma, hard and challenge modes? If you look at the map, you can see a third icon on the top with chains on it. Maybe that is a new mode too?
  • *prepares to drop $$$*

Super excited!
  • stormmaker wrote: »
    Thank you for the new dungeons and new hero. WAIT. Are there more functions of guilds? Only do crowns is so boring.

I agree, a cool feature would be legendary bosses or raid bosses. Your guild would have to all team up to help kill the giant boss before a certain time is up. Maybe you can only attempt once per 6 hours or something, like raid ticket refreshes. That would let guilds collaborate together to kill a large boss together, and if you kill it then everyone who contributed gets a reward. Maybe even have rankings for most damage done or something too.