Note from Joveth: This is the first in a series of blogs that kicks off our special preview of our next major game update. As always, due to the submission process, we can’t give exact dates for the update, but know that we are working hard to bring it to you folks soon. Enjoy!
We finally get the chance to meet! I am the Dark Overlord—and by that I mean the game’s Lead Content Designer, Chris M. What do I do? Well, I’m the person who is responsible for crafting the main PVE campaign and many of the special Event Dungeons that you continue to wage war against! But I’m not here just to introduce myself, I have something that I’ve been working on for the past few months that I’m happy to finally be able to share with the community!
We know that players like a good challenge, and we’ve been watching as many of you have defeated our most loyal and strongest minions in the game without even breaking a sweat. This has left me very unsettled, mainly because of all the therapy sessions I’ve had to provide for the Lich: you all really did a number on him!
But I digress! Players that are seeking a challenge and new content will be happy to hear that we’re not only raising the player level cap to 70 in our next big update, but that we’re also introducing Challenge Mode! What does that entail? Let’s dig in!
CHALLENGE MODE UPDATE NOTES
- All previous Campaign Dungeons now have a Challenge Mode version.
- Challenge Mode Unlocks at Player level 30.
- And goes up to level 70!
- Challenge Mode Dungeons are "Level Clamped"
- Hero levels will be scaled down to the level of the Dungeon.
- 42 New Epic Dungeons Exclusive to Challenge Mode.
- No shared friends or continues to save you now!
- New Epic Dungeons have tweaked Boss fights to deliver a more challenging experience.
- Challenge Mode Enemies have more STATS and more STARS!
- Challenge Mode Enemies in the later Dungeons have the Blessing of the Seeker. Make sure your Heroes are all Blessed to counter this. [NOTE: We'll be expanding more on the new Blessing of the Seeker feature tomorrow!]
- Epic Bosses got a major upgrade with more amped up abilities.
- New Token drops can be found in Challenge Mode! These token drops include:
- Archangel Emily
- Ignus the Mad
- Life Reaper Brom
- Overlord Executum
- Phenol Thoxian
- Pignius Maximus
- Sifu Jianzhi
- Daily claimed tokens are linked to the normal dungeons so choose wisely on what you plan on collecting that day.
- New Challenge Mode exclusive character! (Spotlight coming soon!)
- He can be obtained through first time completions of Challenge Mode Dungeons and completing Challenge Mode Quests.
These Dungeons are not meant for the faint of heart and they are here to provide an epic challenge for players seeking a difficult, yet rewarding gameplay experience. Best of luck heroes, you’re going to need it!
Your “friendly” neighborhood Dark Overlord / Lead Content Designer, Chris