PVP Changes Live Now! Celebrate with 2x Scrolls & Let Us Know What You Think of the Changes!

Comments

• Just keep SILENCE >_<

Maybe a bit more fine tuning would have been appropriate..
    Just ask VIRAL, next time you change anything in this game ^.^
    Anyway that was a shot that went backwards, mainly because of torchy, imo.. But do me a favour and ask viral :-D

Guess I just keep with my bait defense..
  • gmungmun Member
    Someone put Indigo on their D and report back on how she does.

On another note a level 60 6* BD can still one shot kill a level 59 6* Torchy. I attacked about 6 teams with 6* BD to test and torchy died once.

If the desire was to make battles last longer that didn't work I haven't had a battle last over 2 rounds yet.

There seems to be no defense vs. silence, so silence is quite OP now.
    Gmun
  • 1-0 so far @gmun
    uihv46m2wijp.png
    hhcxfeoul6u4.png
    >:)
  • Honestly it's good to see other heroes silence other than Balog. I'm still testing things out so further opinion would be subject to change. So far I can find an offense team to use and easily win to every def I've tried.
    z8739qn4og6c.png
  • Well, I don't know how to play PvP anymore. Defenders' Nub seems to have 'Stout' charged ON THE SECOND MOVE (this is so broken) while mine takes 3 moves to recharge; Bovus is completely useless and can be countered by pretty much everything, and none of my old defence strats seem to work (and as an attacker I get destroyed by stacks I used to take out without losing a single char). Thanks for all the gems, now your carefully picked and ascended characters are pointless. Well, thank you so much.

I no longer enjoy the game like I used to.

• MajspajMajspaj Member
    edited March 2016
    Silence on fast heroes is very strong (especially if they can use it first round). Attackers use silence on defenders 1st normal and then use a normal hero to CC/drain/further silence the defenders team. Overall I like that there are more counters to strong heroes like Bovus/Yoko etc, but defenders need to get some sort of buff. Maybe make use of hammers to be able to fortify your dungeon somehow. Being attacker is already a big advantage.
  • I'm having a great deal of difficulty with the new pvp and may just give up. Things appear to be geared for those with the most choice or best ascended heroes.

- I don't like "recipe" fighting - needing to know what one specific method you must use to take one specific foe, that becomes a "follow the chart" game without even access to a chart so those who are "in the know" can dominate

- Also with this method, if I am only mid level, I do not necessarily have access to the specific hero ascended to the specific level to match the specific need. If the opposing team gives me more than one recipe-specific opponent, I can't handle both. (I may not have two heroes that can silence, etc.)

- I noticed now more than ever the choices given to me are generally not teams I think I can beat, either with level/ascendancy or just team composition - maybe in 30 more levels when I have collected some of the rare heroes, but not yet.

- I used to be able to get to 75, now I'm in the 200-300 range and losing a great deal and honestly not having much fun.

Providing challenge is important, but it has to be provided in a way that doesn't favor the best geared or most experienced players - there needs to be room for the rest of us.

I am relatively new, was just getting to like pvp and now I'm not sure. There are other changes coming to "challenge" the best players and I fear the game will lose some of its magic for those of us who currently find it challenging enough, or we will be made to feel like we aren't ever going to be able to reach those heights, so why bother?

This feedback is given not to disrespect the game but to improve it. I really don't want to see something happen here that has happened elsewhere to games and cost them popularity.

Thanks much for listening, I will do my best to support the game.
  • BrianAltBrianAlt Member
    edited March 2016
    Come on. There is one, maybe two, heroes to use first on offense. Assuming either is successful, the fight is over.

I took out a team in one round that I'd have to pray to beat before. 58 trophies. Yes, please.

Way too easy.
    3b2dReS.gif
    We raid far right.
  • You're probably right. I'm just not familiar enough with all the heroes and their abilities to know what are the magic heroes to have to win right off - when I find out, and I find out which summon to use to unlock them, I can summon till I get them, then grab up enough gold to level them.

I'm sure if I had all the details, and plenty of gold, I would be winning almost every battle too. At some point I'll have a stable of weell developed heroes with lots of ascendeds and I'll look back at myself now and say "what a newb". But for now...

...If someone put together a guide or wiki or reference....

(So tell me, what team do you use to win all the time? Feel like posting it here?)
  • Thanks for the resistance update. It's making Ponti and other casters feel way more dangerous and makes IGO's Polar Pounding ridiculous. Now they feel worth playing in all aspects of the game.
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • I guess I don't understand anyone needing to use their head to come up with a strategy to win. Which is much preferred.
    The only two teams I have used on offense are torchy bovus Julius tsume and I have switched out Julius for squinch.
    I have had no fight go into a third round and most defenses if they have a slow they never even get used.
    I am beating defenses I have no right to even challenge.
  • Gmanju wrote: »
    userpig wrote: »
    Well, I don't know how to play PvP anymore. Defenders' Nub seems to have 'Stout' charged ON THE SECOND MOVE (this is so broken) while mine takes 3 moves to recharge; Bovus is completely useless and can be countered by pretty much everything, and none of my old defence strats seem to work (and as an attacker I get destroyed by stacks I used to take out without losing a single char). Thanks for all the gems, now your carefully picked and ascended characters are pointless. Well, thank you so much.

I no longer enjoy the game like I used to.

Try using your brain this update has made offense a joke

d50wn5qkx1h8.png

Try not to be an ****, I heard it helps.

I'm glad you are doing great. I placed 4th 2 days ago, now I'm struggling to keep my **** in upper 40s. Chars that are crucial now are way underleveled, and I got no evos to ascend them.
  • Gmanju wrote: »
    sirtainly wrote: »
    You're probably right. I'm just not familiar enough with all the heroes and their abilities to know what are the magic heroes to have to win right off - when I find out, and I find out which summon to use to unlock them, I can summon till I get them, then grab up enough gold to level them.

I'm sure if I had all the details, and plenty of gold, I would be winning almost every battle too. At some point I'll have a stable of weell developed heroes with lots of ascendeds and I'll look back at myself now and say "what a newb". But for now...

(So tell me, what team do you use to win all the time? Feel like posting it here?)

Torchy, bovus, ponti, and tsume will win you at least 75% of all matches atm. They are all easy to get and star up as well grats you are now a pvp pro

Great - got Torchy & Bovus levelled to my level and partly assended, got Tsume unlocked...easiest way to get Ponti unlocked? (Heroic Summon? Honor Summon?)

• TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Honor Summon and tournament rewards. With the exception of special events, Pontifex, only appears in the Honor Portal and as a reward for a non-event tournament.
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • xpsf3xpsf3 Member
    Ponti is from honor summon and PVP events
  • Bovus is near useless and Torchy is now OP PvP fodder. PvP really requires no careful choice of heroes now. Far too easy. If you wanted to do a massive PvP update why not introduce LIVE PvP instead? Allow a player to "open their dungeon" to attackers or search for live open dungeons instead of this PvP system where you fight against a retarded AI that wastes Willow's Sniper Shot on Nim or some other enemy it barely damages, then you clean up with an easy cookie cutter team that can beat any defense.
  • @TeamDoge I like the idea of a live version of PVP. I think it could be an interesting addition to the game. Their is however a laundry list of other issues and updates that need to be addressed prior to even looking at such an option.
    IGN: CapnJimmy
    In Game Level: Up There
    Shared Hero: One of Too Many
    Guild: None
    Hero Power: Unknown
    Dungeons: ???
    Trophies: Maybe
    Hammers: Useless
  • TeamDoge wrote: »
    Bovus is near useless
    Bovus near useless? You can't be more wrong! How many defences with Ekko are you seeing?

Picture this:
    • Torchy: Lock Jaw on 1st Normal defender silencing him/her.
    • Bovus: Stampede draining energy.
    At that point all defenders are at the mercy of you 2 remaining heroes and their specials.
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • I've posted more than enough suggestions for PvP. It's changing, but I think this update screwed it. The other issues that still exist are F2P vs $ and getting to the top and remaining there requires gems to be spent. The game should be more of play and win (where every win counts and every loss could REALLY affect your standing), wait until raids recharge, play more, repeat. Not spend all your gems and get 60 wins in one day then come back when the tournament is over and claim your reward. You don't even need to win every battle this way. You just need to have a lot of gems and spend enough to get far ahead of everyone else and make people want to quit the tournament, which can be bought with money or earned when you get access to the tower. I've suggested this yet randoms think it's ridiculous and that the game is fine or you just need to slow level the right way. I guess nobody can really figure out how to separate F2P players in tournaments and people who spent $100 on gems to ease their way to the top -_-
  • sirtainly wrote: »
    You're probably right. I'm just not familiar enough with all the heroes and their abilities to know what are the magic heroes to have to win right off - when I find out, and I find out which summon to use to unlock them, I can summon till I get them, then grab up enough gold to level them.

Have you seen this yet?

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussion/9570/how-to-dismantle-any-defense-a-10-step-guide-for-dummies
    3b2dReS.gif
    We raid far right.
  • Thus far, the changes seem to have given offense a bigger advantage. Battles have shortened to two rounds, from ~3 previously with sustain teams. There's also far less thought required to beat defenses.

Now there's a clear formula for beating every defense. Haneul summed it up in his guide in the "My Dungeon" section of the forums.

Overall, PvP post update is much less interesting and much less challenging. Minimize your defense losses using a 2 character team, then win every offense raid using 1. Torchy/Indigo, 2. debilitate, 3. Attack buff, 4. AoE of your preference.
  • ImmortalLu wrote: »
    Not true at all, we have added silence as another PvP option. This will open up the metagame, and we'll see more variety.

Seems like now we have even less variety :wink: (as per that thread above, for example)
    Level 31 - and leaving the game. Thanks to undesirable changes in the game.
    6* heroes (in order obtained): Pontifex, Icebloom, Therand
    5* heroes (in order obtained): Lady Nimriel, Bovus, Takumi, Mangle, Dagrund, Ignus, Jabber, Squinch, Willow, Masuta Kira, Nub Nub, Black Diamond, Alexandros, Yorick, Executum, Phenol
  • My only fear is that I will lose my enhanced skills acquired beating Yoko style defenses with this change. I'm now back in the mindset way back in October 2015 when I win all my battles with Igorok and Tsume.

I'm guessing dear devs that you just want me to stockpile more scrolls? Thanks. :)
    tumblr_o5z8yzeXUh1v4z7sko1_500.png
    Favorites: Julius, Nitpick, Icepick and Squinch
    Working on Stars for Lupina and Leonidus
    Medium Term Target: Dhaegon
  • Please, please, test before releases. We all appreciate the effort to improve the game; we'd also like it to actually get improved, not made into a farce, especially in PvP. Next time, most of us in Viral would rather help with beta testing than have this happen again.
    102k trophies, 9k dungeons, 147k power
    BjNfGCc.jpg
  • Do you think the devs are reading the vast majority of negative comments and think crap we really effed this up, thus go back to the drawing board to come up with a correction? Or do they have a schedule they stick to no matter how much hate they get for this? Every update they ship we see the love/hate comments but I haven't seen the hate this prominent before.
  • kaltorkaltor Member
    edited March 2016
    @saketi You obviously never saw either the full wipe or star increase before :-) Plenty of hate posts then. And people leaving. This is small stuff compared!
  • DaneDane Member
    @saketi I think they have much better tools at their disposal than forum posts that may, or may not be reflective of the population as a whole. I'm sure they use feedback here for fine tuning things, but let's be honest...if they push an update, and the forum is full of complaints, but indicators, such as new players, player retention and activity, and of course, $ spent is trending in a way they like?

Well, then that update was a success, despite the picture you get from the forums.
  • I think this is a good update but:

1) Tsume just needs to get toned down slightly.
    2) The needs to be a lot of work on balance tweaks if you want to keep it 40% buff. There's just too many chars that only worked because they did x% of key heroes reliably and now they don't.
    3) Love the caster buffs. Ignus is half way to good now.
  • TeamDogeTeamDoge Member
    edited March 2016
    Torchy's silence should be at least toned down to 75% chance to silence, not 100%. Just as Ekko should not make your team 100% immune to Bovus' energy drain.