PVP Changes Live Now! Celebrate with 2x Scrolls & Let Us Know What You Think of the Changes!

13»

Comments

• I'm at about a 75% win ratio with new pvp, but I'm still adjusting to the new health boost. I find myself not quite finishing off a hero that I used to, then once it gets to round two, I'm out of special attacks (because they are all on cooldown) and the defense has access to all the ascended abilities because they start with them all charged.

I think I'll adapt, but might just take me a bit longer than you pros. :)
  • Given the previous successful defenses, the new changes are beating them pretty badly. Haven't seen defenses adjust to them yet. Just need to start running things that will counter the new torchy/indigo meta. BD will still kill an attacking Torchy if she gets a lucky crit, Indigo on def will usually target Torchy first and nullify that advantage. Not sure if Torchy will target Torchy or another green target more often though, but if he hits attacking Bovus it's just as good really. So think it's a little early to jump off the boat about the changes. New offenses always take a huge advantage before defenses catch up. But with no silence immune heroes I think the only defense for right now is to pray for a crit with BD or run a fast silence or 2 of your own on defense.
  • 2x Tokens is great, but what about the new hero. He is producing 2 tokens regardless of silver/gold/mythic chests
  • I've seen quite a few heroes dodging the Lockjaw attack.
    JetLi
  • gmungmun Member
    ImmortalLu wrote: »
    I've seen quite a few heroes dodging the Lockjaw attack.

Me too, only I've been getting "miss" not dodge. Lost 2 raids from that one with just 1 level difference.

Gmun
  • patrickpatrick Member
    edited March 2016
    Attacking now is pretty easy.
    I just easily beat a 70 trophy team without breaking a sweat.
    Defense I have not figured out yet though.
    I used to get a boost at the end of a tourney because people would run out of refreshes and mistakenly choose to attack me.
    Since the update I have won maybe 5% of defenses.

I think the tournament winners will no longer be who can attack AND defend well. it will come down to who wants to spend the coin on raid tickets.

I'd like to see the defenses gain 2 things...
    1: The ability to choose which of their heroes skills will be used first
    2: A "hate" list for each character (IE a way to tell your hero to always got for character X first if they exist on the other team) that the player can edit. So not everyone's Tsume will hate the same character, etc.

With all the attacking I suspect will go on now... I'd like a "Revenge" option that does not use raid tickets.
    Post edited by patrick on
    -NEWB
  • kartzkartz Member
    Still a biiiit bummed about the resistance changes. So Nimriel, for example, has no chance now to avoid a freeze attack. Aaarrghh.

Oh well, time for new strategies!
    Player level: 63 (VIP 1)
    Champion: Cruel King Bramble (5*, L63, 1A)
    Stand-by: Black Diamond (6*, L63, FA), IGOROK (5*, L63, FA)

Yet to summon: Malice
  • JusticeJustice Member
    edited March 2016
    One attack mechanic I've noticed in PVP:

Whenever an opponent's hero gets resurrected they get to attack directly after resurrection, sometimes twice in the same round. A player shouldn't get rewarded for having their hero die, a resurrected hero is good enough. The hero should wait until next round to attack again after resurrection, to make it more fair.

@Joel @Joveth
    3YVyu1c.gif
    ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ.

Boss Level: 68
    Shared Hero: ★★★★★★ Ella Amethirst
  • @Justice if you use Archangel Emily yourself, it works just the same.

And please don't be 'that guy' who is the only one to use a special font, it doesn't make you special and the font you chose is a pain to read.
    I'm a little old cat lady from Uttica.
  • JusticeJustice Member
    edited March 2016
    MaCoPi wrote: »
    @Justice if you use Archangel Emily yourself, it works just the same.

And please don't be 'that guy' who is the only one to use a special font, it doesn't make you special and the font you chose is a pain to read.

Ok, I'm gonna break it down for you:

• You're "that guy" who finds the need to fixate on trivial things; like font choice.
    • Check your condescending tone at home, it ain't cute sweetie.
    • If you can't read the font, you're blind.
    • Ain't trying to be special, buddy. I just enjoy the font. ;)

Bonus: Nice try though, @MaCoPi
    Use Emily myself? That's like saying "Well if they're using steroids, use 'em yourself". It doesn't solve anything.
    Post edited by Justice on
    3YVyu1c.gif
    ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ.

Boss Level: 68
    Shared Hero: ★★★★★★ Ella Amethirst
  • GopherManGopherMan Member
    edited March 2016
    @Greg @Joel So, I had interpreted the original post describing these changes to mean that there would be no level based scaling for resistances of any kind. Based on my complaints among guild members around PVP behavior, primarily freezes being resisted seemingly more often than you would expect based on base stats, it came out that there is still relational level scaling . Is that true? If I'm level 63 and my enemies are level 65, do they get hidden resistance bonuses during the battle? And if they do, how does that not go against the stated intent of making casters more feasible "late game"? Whether the resistance is scaled on the base stat or as a hidden modifier still makes casters less effective "late game", right? Especially considering that there are enemies with unattainable levels in late game PVE, and that level differentials are very common in late game PVP.

Thanks.
    Post edited by GopherMan on
  • gmungmun Member
    Yes something weird is going on with resistances. Squinch doesn't light anybody on fire (well maybe 1 out of 4) if 2 levels or more higher. Maybe 1 or 2 get frozen by Igo or Icebloom if 2 or more levels higher.

So I have almost completely stopped attacking anybody 2 or more levels higher in PVP... which is annoying because my right option is almost always 3-5 levels higher any more.
    Gmun
13»