Hero Spotlight: Leonidus

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited March 2016 in Hero Spotlights
pxio33q1m6f1.jpg

Background:
The eternal guardian awakens to shine divine light upon the land and drive back the growing darkness.

Most Hated Hero: Lord Zomm

Element: LIGHT: 30% bonus against DARK enemies.

Tags: MAGICAL BEAST TANK

Traits:
  • Magical: Takes less damage from non-physical attacks
  • Flying in the Face: Can't be retaliated against.
Abilities and Ascensions:
  • Bite: A basic Physical Melee attack doing 95 (scales) base damage.
  • Sun Worship: Ranged Spirit attack on all enemies for 115 (scales) base damage and a chance for Magnified Light debuffs. (Magnified Light is 2x damage from Light Heroes.)
Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Light Evo Larva: 28
  • Light Evo: 15
  • Dark Evo Larva: 12
  • Subterranean Evo: 2
New Trait!
  • Avatar of Light: Immune to Dark elemental bonuses.
  • Secret to Eternal Life: Upon death he will bring a dead ally back to life.
New Ability!
  • The Guardian: Forces enemies to target single attacks on this char and adds an anti-magic aura to team, 9% (scales) damage reduction from magic attacks. Starts powered.
Next Ascension:

Required Evos:
  • Water Evo: 25
  • Dark Evo Monarch: 15
  • Mind's Eye Evo: 8
  • Shadow Evo: 2
New Trait!
  • Judgement Day: When dealing a death blow the corpse is burned and can't be resurrected.
New Ability!
  • Divine Inspiration: Heal self plus boosts ATK and DEF 100%
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com

Comments

• Wow i have got to get me one of these :)
  • It will be a pretty interesting hero, you either kill it first or kill it last :|
    Also what does the Flying in the Face trait description mean?
    Andre4897
  • So does Secret to Eternal Life apply to himself as well if he's the 1st to die? Would make sense with the skill name... but just checking.
  • TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Based on verbage, I would assume it cannot be used on himself.
    • Secret to Eternal Life: If not the last alive hero, upon death he will bring a dead ally back to life.
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • YaxirYaxir Member
    MASSIVE BLUNDER !
    needs a BEAST TEAM BUFF ! as all beasts do help out their BEAST BROS !

also , i BADLY NEED HIM ! when will he be available ?!
  • ZerniumZernium Member
    edited March 2016
    Sun worship + electrify whirlwind + whirlwind + hailstorm = death.
    Zernium
  • Not bad at all. Confused on why Leonidus is a beast hero, aside from physicality. Way more useful on a light team than a beast team. Interesting new traits, can't wait to try them out!
    IGN: CapnJimmy
    In Game Level: Up There
    Shared Hero: One of Too Many
    Guild: None
    Hero Power: Unknown
    Dungeons: ???
    Trophies: Maybe
    Hammers: Useless
  • Looks good. Exclusive hero to epic dungeons, so cant get him quick as dev posted in other thread
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Flying in the Face: Can't be retaliated against

Does anyone know what this means? Immune to crit?
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• Flying in the face: can't be retaliated against.
    My take is that whoever he attacks cannot target him on their next attack.
    Meaning that if he attacks Willow, on her next attack, she cannot attack Leonidus.
  • Flying in the face: can't be retaliated against.
    Meaning that if he attacks Willow, on her next attack, she cannot attack Leonidus.

would eventually make sense, but
    "Sun Worship: Ranged Spirit attack on all enemies for 115 (scales) base damage and a chance for Magnified Light debuffs. (Magnified Light is 2x damage from Light Heroes.)"

what if he´s the last hero and uses sun worship - game freezes? :open_mouth:

• PrezObamaPrezObama Member
    edited March 2016
    flurgx3000 wrote: »
    Flying in the face: can't be retaliated against.

"Sun Worship: Ranged Spirit attack on all enemies for 115 (scales) base damage and a chance for Magnified Light debuffs. (Magnified Light is 2x damage from Light Heroes.)"

All AOE attacks still force you to pick a single target, so maybe it applies only to the single target.

But it doesn't even need to be that complicated. What if it's only Leonidus vs one other enemy left? Leonidus attacks them and then what? Game freezes? They lose their turn recursively until Leonidus kills them?
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • I agree with @Starwind227 that the most likely case for Flying in the Face is that whomever he attacks cannot target him on their next turn.

@flurgx3000 I think that in your scenario this trait would not be applicable in order to prevent a game freeze.
    IGN: CapnJimmy
    In Game Level: Up There
    Shared Hero: One of Too Many
    Guild: None
    Hero Power: Unknown
    Dungeons: ???
    Trophies: Maybe
    Hammers: Useless
  • Oh man, "The Guardian" ability looks epic for a normal speed hero depending on scaling..

Mustybadger
  • PrezObama wrote: »
    flurgx3000 wrote: »
    Flying in the face: can't be retaliated against.

All AOE attacks still force you to pick a single target, so maybe it applies only to the single target.

But it doesn't even need to be that complicated. What if it's only Leonidus vs one other enemy left? Leonidus attacks them and then what? Game freezes? They lose their turn recursively until Leonidus kills them?

Actually you don't need to get that complicated, he has a taunt ability - The guardian. Use the guardian first turn, attack a hero second turn, never get to third turn?

centralcommand
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    This guy will work well with Piginus to prevent magical casters from mauling that beast leader.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @Maestro5563 pointed out that the vines from Root of All Evil have the "Retaliate IV" trait, which gives them a high chance to attack a hero after being melee attacked. That suggests that trait may be showing up some more in the Challenge Mode.
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • Maybe he just doesnt take damage next round from whomever he attacked this round. There's no need to target.
  • Jeeronimo wrote: »
    Maybe he just doesnt take damage next round from whomever he attacked this round. There's no need to target.

If this was the case we would see quite a few stalemates of last standing Leonidus's attacking last standing Leonidus's.

• PRAISE THE SUN!!
    He is already my favorite hero now!
    LINE: Anokuu
    Email: GensokyoFamily@gmail.com
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    That anti-retaliation trait is kind of a waste. Way too specific. What enemies can even retaliate in this game? Does it count reflecting damage??
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Therrinn wrote: »
    Based on verbage, I would assume it cannot be used on himself.
    • Secret to Eternal Life: If not the last alive hero, upon death he will bring a dead ally back to life.

Not so sure. If that were the case all heroes, like Yoko, that say they increase ALLIES hp/att/whatever wouldn't apply to themselves, but yet they do. So based on verbiage and current mechanics, this might not be true. It's also called Eternal Life, so maybe if he's the first to die the intent was that he can bring himself back infinitely?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited March 2016
    Hey all, sorry for the confusion. Retaliation is a new mechanic that was added in the update and is detailed in the patch notes.

"New Revenge passive - Slow heroes have a 25% chance to retaliate to any physical attack with a basic attack."

When Leonidus attacks a slow hero, there is a 0% chance of retaliation. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • BenBen Member
    I love this new update! :D looks great
    benward1?gid=Yogosuns

~~~Raid n Chill~~~

• I must say that "flying in the face" is now my new favorite trait name. Great wordsmithing :smiley:
  • Also a huge thank you for continuing to make the game better. Nice work!
  • A light beast! Cool! We need more beasts that aren't fire or nature. Can't wait for the new update. In fact, the past few updates have been really awesome!
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    A light type Egyptian themed beast hero... Hmmm... I made something like that recently. Could be a coincidence but quite a few times I've made a hero idea and have seen a similar hero come out soon after (Made a fire tank soon before Pignius was released)
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • So are they not putting him in the portals??