Dungeon Boss Major Update - March 2nd, 2016 - Blessings, Challenge Mode, and more!

JovethJoveth Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
edited March 2016 in General Discussion
Update 3/4/16: Added a note about dark/light crits.

Update 3/3/16: Added a new section for changes to "Daily Quests"

We’ve been teasing our next major update over the past few days and it’s finally here!

First of all, thank you to all of our players. We are listening and paying attention to feedback and we put a lot of effort into making sure that we get fixes and features in that make your Dungeon Boss experience better.

Thanks for being amazing and for continuing to support Dungeon Boss!

Oh! And to celebrate this update, we've got 2X TOKENS turned on for the next few days.

Now let’s go over what this mega update brings to you!

NEW STUFF!

Challenge Mode
  • See the full post here
  • TL;DR Version:
    • Really difficult versions of all the Campaign Dungeons
    • Unlocks at Level 30
    • It’s really difficult
    • Drops Orbs used to complete the Blessing of the Seeker quests! (see below)
    • Hero Level is clamped to the suggested level of the Dungeon!
      + Bringing level 60 Heroes to the Level 30 Challenge Dungeons lowers their level to match the difficulty setting for the dungeon.
    • Rewards for completing Challenge Mode dungeons include the normal good loot, like Gems and Gold, but also Tokens for an exclusive new Hero: Leonidus!
      + See profile for Leonidus here.

New Level Cap
  • Level cap increased to Level 70

Blessing of the Seeker
  • See the full post here.
  • TL;DR Version:
    • Collect Orbs to complete Quests to earn the Blessing of the Seeker
    • Blessing increases strong element damage by 15%
      + Example: A Fire Hero normally does 30% extra damage to a Nature Hero. That same Hero when Blessed will now do 45% extra damage to a Nature Hero.
    • Cancels the effect of another Blessed Hero.
      + Example: Your Nature Hero, once Blessed, will not take the extra 15% damage from a Fire Hero who is also Blessed.
    • Each Hero can be Blessed only once.

Heroes on Loading Screen
  • Loading a dungeon now shows sliced images of the Heroes you selected for your team. It’s really neat.

Tabs on the Quest Window
  • The Quest window is now tabbed. The new tabs are Daily, Campaign, and Event.

Craft Icon
  • On the main screen you will now find a Craft icon that opens the Evo Combiner for easier access and now you folks with all Full-Ascended Heroes can get to the Evo Combiner. Yay!

Stamina Refresh / Purchase Limits / Shop Changes
  • The 300 Gem Stamina offer in the Shop is now limited to once per day.
  • Stamina Refreshes limited to 10 per day.
  • Stamina Refresh costs now scale as listed below (in Gems):
    • Normal: 25 -> 25 -> 50 -> 50 -> 75 -> 75 -> 100 -> 100 -> 125 -> 125
    • VIP 4+: 20 -> 20 -> 40 -> 40 -> 60 -> 60 -> 80 -> 80 -> 100 -> 100
  • Shop Stock Refresh costs now scale as listed below (in Gems):
    • Normal: 25 -> 50 -> 100 -> 150 -> 200
    • VIP 4+: 20 -> 40 -> 80 -> 120 -> 160
  • Gold is limited to one purchase per day in the Honor Shop (refreshed daily).
  • Stamina is limited to one purchase per day in the PWN Shop (refreshed daily).

Daily Quest Changes
  • At around level 30, the following Daily Quests will disappear:
    • Collect 2 resources (gold).
    • Gain Hero Levels
    • Improve Hero Abilities
  • At around level 30, Daily PVP Quests will no longer give player XP.
    • They will now give Honor Scrolls, Hammers, and Evos (randomly determined each day).

GUILDS
  • Changes to Guild Crown Collection
    • There is a cap of 210 Guild Crowns that can be earned by each player in a given week.
    • Any excess crowns that are collected will be rolled over to the next week.
  • Fixed an issue which prevented kicking some guild members.
  • Fixed an issue where the Friend button on the Leaderboards did not change from Blue to Grey unless you tapped twice.
  • Added new Guild sorting features.
  • Added quests for acquiring lifetime Guild Crowns.
  • Removed Epic Guild Quests to ensure all Guilds have maximum earning potential per week.
  • Added Guild Search and Inspect options for players already in a Guild.

HEROES
  • General: New Revenge passive - Slow heroes have a 25% chance to retaliate to any physical attack with a basic attack.
  • General: Dark Heroes can now crit against Light Heroes and vice-versa.
  • General: Frozen characters can no longer dodge attacks.
  • General: Various Heroes had passives that have tags (example: Magical) but the Tag text was not being shown.
  • Ignus the Mad: Some animation speeds made a little faster.
  • Lupina: Fixed an issue where Hero and enemy health bars were misplaced after using Chaos Howl. Yeah, it no longer Fears the Health Bars too!
  • Therand: The dynamite weapon should no longer loose its texture when thrown.
  • Therand: Fixed an issue where the Armor Hunter damage bonus was not being applied to Prince/King Belgar Firebeard.
  • Julius: Fixed an issue where the Monkey See ability was expiring at the end of Julius' turn.
  • Icebloom: Cryosleep will now pause all ticks for status effects while the target is an ice cube.
  • Pontifex Mortis: Will now resurrect no matter how he is killed. Smash him, crush him, DoT him, make him watch direct to DVD movie sequels? - yep that works too.
  • Icepick: Heroes impacted by Frostbitten now have UI effects on their skills to let you know not to use those skills at risk of your own demise.
  • Malice: Did some wordsmithing with Wrath trait tooltip.
  • Malice: Nature Hunter icon is now red.
  • Mangle Jaw: Fixed an exception that would sometimes occur when using Hot Coals. In short, Hot Coals is now less exceptional.

LOCALIZATION
  • Various Localization fixes and improvements.

SHOP
  • Fixed an issue that would prevent some special offers from being able to be purchased.
  • Fixed an issue where Shop Timers could show as negative. You no longer need a TARDIS to make some of the purchases.

TOWER OF PWNAGE
  • If an update is delivered while you are in the ToP you will now receive the “Dungeon Boss got better…” message instead of the current weird message you were receiving.
  • Added an alert indicator to the Town icon when ToP available to be played.
  • Exiting a Floor now decreases energy on all Heroes exiting the Floor by 1. This addressed an unintentional tactic allowing people to enter and exit floors to charge up their Abilities. Sorry folks, no more of that.

SOUND
  • The "Music" volume setting will now persist through a hard close and app reboot.

INTERFACE
  • Another series of improvements to various tooltip messages game wide.
  • Summoning Friends in rapid succession is now much less likely to cause problems.
  • The Quick Loot chest no longer overlaps completed quest message.
  • If no Evo Island is available, the dungeon list will no longer appear.
  • ANDROID ONLY: BACK Button in combat should now open the menu.
Post edited by Joveth on

Comments

• Subject says 2015 :) should be 2016 ^^
    DB%20Synchro%20Sig%20Lamento87-01_zpscwpe7cwj.png
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Feel free to ask questions about new game modes. I'm testing and so forth right now:

Challenge dungeons drop gems and challenge exclusive hero is pretty fun to farm right now but that WILL DEFINATELY CHANGE.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • Awesomeeee Leonidas here I come !
  • @Joveth Nothing about XP in the guild quests? Now that the playing field is more level with no epic guild quests and a weekly cap, it's disappointing to see those who choose to slow level have to give up the ability to compete at the top of the guild ladder. Moving crowns out of those quests into new ones without XP would be allow everyone access to the XP if they want it and give slow levelers the shot at 30 crowns per day without it.
    9Ahi08z.jpg
  • TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Apparently the ability to purchase gold from the honor shop has been removed.
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    PrezObama wrote: »
    @Joveth Nothing about XP in the guild quests? Now that the playing field is more level with no epic guild quests and a weekly cap, it's disappointing to see those who choose to slow level have to give up the ability to compete at the top of the guild ladder. Moving crowns out of those quests into new ones without XP would be allow everyone access to the XP if they want it and give slow levelers the shot at 30 crowns per day without it.

At this point I think its a lost cause man. They've definitely seen y'alls pleas on the forums to remove XP from guild quests and if it wasn't done in this update, I don't see it ever happening. My condolences.
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

@Joveth Nothing about XP in the guild quests? Now that the playing field is more level with no epic guild quests and a weekly cap, it's disappointing to see those who choose to slow level have to give up the ability to compete at the top of the guild ladder. Moving crowns out of those quests into new ones without XP would be allow everyone access to the XP if they want it and give slow levelers the shot at 30 crowns per day without it.

Since they've added XP everywhere I assume they're trying to stop slow levelling rather than promote it. But who knows. I'm not a dev and can only speculate. I want the XP so i'm happy with the results of more XP in the game.
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I like the new guild sorting features: by Crowns, by Trophies, and by Power.
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • iTPCiiTPCi Member
    edited March 2016
    Download update from all store
    Guild: Society of Bosses
    Time for some PVP!!
    50x50px-ZC-0bd11019_hulk-smile.gif
  • The banner wording is off.... it says "celebration starts in 2days" should probably say ends in 2 days instead. The double tokens are part of the celebration according to the banner and that is active.
    iTPCi wrote: »
    Download update from all store

No, Kyle found it like ten seconds after it updated in the app store and I was playing since 10:39 but my game hit a glitch and i'm stuck right now. In the midst of reporting it.
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
    I don't get early access to anything.
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • Great job this time, really.
    phpb8qwzqv7o.gif
    We Raid Far Right
    rh8t92shq99a.jpg

• iTPCiiTPCi Member
    edited March 2016
    Did you guys really remove gold from the honor summons or is it glitching

Also my stock refresh went from 60gems to 120gems after updating
    Time for some PVP!!
  • @Joveth

Gold purchase removed from Honor Shop - mistake or just not mentioned in notes?
  • Ponti's "Doom Bolt" looks hilarious now, just a shaft of pure white.
    I think if yu bought something already it vanishes. No stamina in tower shop either.

Trapped in an error in my ipad and a slow download in my phone. Hatching Fennekin on DS right now. Wish me luck in y shiny hunt. 800 eggs down X amount to go.
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • iTPCiiTPCi Member
    Not sure why my stock refresh went from 60gems to 120 gems after updating..... @Joveth
    gxxzxvi2il8l.jpeg
    Time for some PVP!!
  • SorenSoren Member

I think it's a good compromise to have 1 out of 3 quests attached to XP. Can't have everything no matter what.

(said with respect from a fellow slow leveller)
  • iTPCiiTPCi Member
    Can I see the orb total anywhere?
    Time for some PVP!!
  • iphone has to trigger the update through app store. Also anyone else notice the character tokens are removed from gold/xp island that you got from shiny objects?
  • iTPCiiTPCi Member
    My XP guild crown quest disappeared. I checked my total crowns and def did not collect it so what happened

@Joveth
    Don't disappear your our only hope for answers
    Time for some PVP!!
  • Whoop well let me just see this new update. For some reason it's already on my App Store lol
    Current Level: 70! King of the hill!
    IGN MooCopYT
    Shared Hero: Kira
    Favourite Hero: Mausta Kira (6* and runed up to 3k attack!)
    Officer in Spud Brigade
    Everyone should notify their guilds that small errors have occurred and that crowns will be off this week.
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • Also is stamina removed from pwnage store?
    BrockARock wrote: »
    Also is stamina removed from pwnage store?

wcfjcr4lo8eb.gif
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • Renly wrote: »
    Great update to the team at DB. Thanks for all y'alls hard work.
    3. Tower Attack Order is now unpredictable. The hero's line up is no longer indicative of the order in which they will attack. (Example: Tower Level 1 shows Willow, Bd, Tsume and Igo. Bd could possibly attack before Willow and Igo could also potentially attack before Tsume.)

That's needs to be fixed ASAP.
    6. Removed the rogue energy Tower glitch where you could recharge all rouge abilities on a floor against all non-fast heroes... I'll give y'all that one, it needed fixing.

Hmmm.... I guess I need to start doing the Tower honestly then. I think I am finally strong enough to do so though. I have been using it a lot less than I used to. B)
    Formerly of the Potato Army. I've mostly quit playing DB. However, I can be reach in Book of Heroes (in game or forum) as bbbb.
    2rc900l.png
  • kartzkartz Member
    edited March 2016
    Challenge dungeons require 10/14 (basically, double) stamina? Ugh.

Interesting update, though. Thank you, team DB.
    Player level: 63 (VIP 1)
    Champion: Cruel King Bramble (5*, L63, 1A)
    Stand-by: Black Diamond (6*, L63, FA), IGOROK (5*, L63, FA)

Yet to summon: Malice
  • New update is sooo awesome. It's like a dream. I love the changes, thank you, DB!
    In-game level: 6x
    Shared Hero: Phenol Thoxian ★★★★★★
    Favourite Heroes: Phenol Thoxian, Shadowblade, Samurai Takumi, King Yorick, Sir William, Overlord Executum