Character Sketches - First Five

I like to make character sketches in a cartoony style - I'm trying to practice how to do drawings a computer! Here's my personal interpretation of the 'first five' characters;

wrcuywF.png
Yasmin Bloom. I always imagined her to be an older lady - 'cause her hair is kind of grey in her portrait picture? There are plenty of elderly male characters, they need some female companions!

n7VYWSf.png
Rogar Stonecrusher - that character who only exists in PVP to make it easy for Tsume to wipe the enemy team. I don't care much for Rogar, even though he is the main character of Dungeon Boss!

umBmkSy.png
Shadowblade - I really like using this character, the master of disease! But, to be honest, he never really had much of a 'character' to me except 'generic ninja'. Maybe because there are so many generic ninjas in the game who all look exactly like shadowblade?

QuL4Cwh.png
Willow Swift - The wonderful lady who's recently lost the "most beloved PVP hero" title to Torchy. Is Willow a human, or is she an elf? Are her eyes blue, or are they green? These things we may never know.

v6ShDXn.png
Stonefist - The sea-stone golem. I really like the idea of a Stone Golem, battered by the sea, emerging slowly from the ocean. It's cool that they made the earth-golem a Water hero instead of a Nature hero.

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I never thought of Yasmin being that old, but holy crap that is good stuff. Especially Stonefist.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • Very cool! I like your Rogar very much. Keep sketching Noonsa :)
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Shadowblade looks like he just came out of mortal combat here.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• Shadowblade looks like he just came out of mortal combat here.
    Haha, yeah. Scorpion actually came into my mind when I was thinking of a poison/disease-based ninja! Shadowblade was probably the hardest to draw because I wasn't sure exactly what to do for him!
    BoxHero wrote: »
    Very cool! I like your Rogar very much. Keep sketching Noonsa :)
    Thanks! I'm not sure who to do next, I'm quickly running out of human-like characters!!

I never thought of Yasmin being that old, but holy crap that is good stuff. Especially Stonefist.
    Yeah, I'm not sure why I decided Yasmin was old. I only really realised after I'd been playing a few weeks that she wasn't supposed to be that old.
    Stonefist is probably my favourite concept of the first five, he feels like one of the more original characters to me.
    Noonsa wrote: »
    Shadowblade looks like he just came out of mortal combat here.
    Haha, yeah. Scorpion actually came into my mind when I was thinking of a poison/disease-based ninja! Shadowblade was probably the hardest to draw because I wasn't sure exactly what to do for him!
    BoxHero wrote: »
    Very cool! I like your Rogar very much. Keep sketching Noonsa :)
    Thanks! I'm not sure who to do next, I'm quickly running out of human-like characters!!

Yeah, I'm not sure why I decided Yasmin was old. I only really realised after I'd been playing a few weeks that she wasn't supposed to be that old.
    Stonefist is probably my favourite concept of the first five, he feels like one of the more original characters to me.

What you made is amazing. be proud!
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• What you made is amazing. be proud!

Haha, thanks! I am proud - I don't post things I hate - but there's still a long way to go before I'll be happy with what I can do! Every time I look at them I spot more things I did wrong. But I guess that's true of everybody who draws!
    Noonsa wrote: »
    What you made is amazing. be proud!

Haha, thanks! I am proud - I don't post things I hate - but there's still a long way to go before I'll be happy with what I can do! Every time I look at them I spot more things I did wrong. But I guess that's true of everybody who draws!

cyanide-happiness-creators-curse.png
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• AeruAeru Member
    Great stuff!

Love the size of stonefist and seeing yasmin on his shoulder.

Rogar's mini hammer is halarious!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    @HaxusBloodbane AUGH As an artist I can tell you THIS IS VERY VERY REAL. The worst part? YOU'RE AWARE OF IT. You know you're good in the eyes of everyone else, but not in your own. And that little fact makes you wonder if you're selfish. If you don't care about how others feel, like it's all gotta be for you. And that makes you work harder! And then it happens again, the self doubt and pity, OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!

But sometimes I make something really nice and just stare at it for a while. It's not like you get noticeably better each time, so when you make something at the current best of your ability, you can feel good about it for a while!
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
    @HaxusBloodbane AUGH As an artist I can tell you THIS IS VERY VERY REAL. The worst part? YOU'RE AWARE OF IT. You know you're good in the eyes of everyone else, but not in your own. And that little fact makes you wonder if you're selfish. If you don't care about how others feel, like it's all gotta be for you. And that makes you work harder! And then it happens again, the self doubt and pity, OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!

But sometimes I make something really nice and just stare at it for a while. It's not like you get noticeably better each time, so when you make something at the current best of your ability, you can feel good about it for a while!

I am an artist too.
    mC7cTyN3.jpeg
    I'm on Twitter regularly

• TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited March 2016
    A great example of this is a webcomic artist who is simultaneously releasing new content and updating the art in her old content. Here is an example of her most recent redo and the original content.
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • KnurtKnurt Member
    Lol, kobal is the master of disease.