When Should I buy a Nintendo Switch?

Just wondering when it would be a better choice to get ahold of Nintendo's newest console. I heard it was pretty rough during launch date, so I'd like the opinion of super-smart logical forumers, or pretty much anyone, on when I should get the Switch.
Current Level: 70
Proud Member of the Potato Family
"We should have more tags."
Favorite Hero: Bauble

Comments

• DrocasDrocas Member
    edited March 8
    i personally like to wait for 2nd model of devices (especially something brand new). Let them work out the bugs. I also would never buy a Nintendo switch
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • I would buy it immediately. The new Zelda is breathtaking. I think about wanting to play it all day. It's the first game I've felt this obsessed with in a very long time. The fact that I can pick up my switch and continue to play Zelda in bed!!

Priceless.
  • DrocasDrocas Member
    I would buy it immediately. The new Zelda is breathtaking. I think about wanting to play it all day. It's the first game I've felt this obsessed with in a very long time. The fact that I can pick up my switch and continue to play Zelda in bed!!

Priceless.

I know im going to regret saying this BUT i have never played any of the Zelda games
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Drocas wrote: »
    I would buy it immediately. The new Zelda is breathtaking. I think about wanting to play it all day. It's the first game I've felt this obsessed with in a very long time. The fact that I can pick up my switch and continue to play Zelda in bed!!

Priceless.

I know im going to regret saying this BUT i have never played any of the Zelda games

Your incorrect opinion on the matter suddenly makes sense... and I suddenly find myself feeling sorry for you. I hope your ignorance continues to remain blissful. For if you ever learn of the childhood moments you forever missed, you will mourn greater than you have for any tragedy you have yet endured.
  • 2DorksTV2DorksTV Member
    Agreed... now.

However, if you are buying it solely for Zelda BOTW, the Wii U is a perfectly acceptable console. It was actually originally developed for that console. Two major differences between the Wii U and the Switch: 1) Wii U supports 720p while the Switch supports up to 900p when docked and 2) you can't play in bed like @MattCauthron... well, unless you set it up that way :)

FWIW, Zelda BOTW is amazing.
  • I never bought a Wii U as it did not have it's own Zelda game (Though I did want to play that remake of Wind Waker!). If I already owned a Wii U, I might not buy a Switch purely for this game. As I had to buy one of the consoles however, it was an easy decision!
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited March 8
    Zelda has taken a lot of time away from my DB time. It is an amazing game. If I never get another game for switch I still would not regret the purchase.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I decided to wait on buying the Switch, and I'm starting to regret that decision. I'm a huge Zelda fan, and hearing all the rave reviews has me seriously considering picking one up sooner rather than later. I heard that some people had the console crash on them, but it seems to be a relatively small number.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • I would wait until they address the problems with the portable controller. I've heard of dead pixels being common, high pitched noises, easily scratched plastic screen and the Joy Cons getting stuck.
  • TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    To give everyone here an idea of how amazing the new Zelda game is... my wife was playing it last night and said to me that she wouldn't mind having two switches so we could both play at the same time. For further clarification, my wife has never played a Zelda game before and is, at best, a very casual gamer in the realm of video games.

We picked ours up at Toys'R'Us on Sunday morning, because we learned they got a new shipment in and would have 35 units available. Just call your local stores that stock the console and try to determine who is getting the next shipment, so you can go to the store before they open and secure the device for yourself.

The device is a little bulky for a hand-held when the Joy-Cons are attached, but not in a way that makes it distracting. And you can always detach them and use the screen's built-in kickstand instead. If you have enjoyed Zelda games in the past, then you will definitely enjoy this game.

If you've never played Zelda games before, but have done other "open-world" games like Fallout and Elder Scrolls, you're in for a treat. If your style of play is completely different... you may still enjoy the game. It's just that awesome.

Looks at the clock and thinks about how much time is left at work before he gets home and can go explore those ruins he saw last night.
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • VictoriaVictoria Member, Administrator, Moderator, Big Fish
    I bought one launch day, and I'm not a bit disappointed. Zelda alone is worth buying the console. :)
    CYts0MKWcAMS4nB.png
  • kts44kts44 Member
    edited March 9
    I've just been playing it on the Wii U, although I do agree that the convenience of playing in another room
    In the house or outside of it would be great.. nonetheless, if you don't have a Wii U I'd personally buy the switch and immediately start playing breath of the wild. The game is so breath taking, all I want to do is get done with work and play it to completion. The Zelda series has a lot of expectations to us long time major fans and the fact that this game is as amazing as it is so far is beyond exciting :) it's also cool to see that the dungeon boss player base has similar interests in game style such as magic the gathering, Zelda, jrpg's.
  • Victoria wrote: »
    I bought one launch day, and I'm not a bit disappointed. Zelda alone is worth buying the console. :)

Zelda alone removed all regrets from buying a Wii u....
    Follow me on Twitch
    https://www.twitch.tv/auraofsmiles
    Accepting requests at this time.
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited March 9
    I don't even know what a Nintendo switch is.
    Hmmmm. I wonder what happens if I write in this box.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Buy it now! Before it is nerfed.
  • Zanza004Zanza004 Member
    I would buy it now. New Zelda is a wonderful game and there are many great looking games like Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2 that will be exclusive to it.
    Be warned though, that if you open it and it has dead pixels, Nintendo will not do anything for you. Instead you just gotta deal with the place you bought it from. There is also slight connection with the left joycon that varies between systems, but software updates will likely fix that issue.
  • danacdanac Member
    August 23.
  • I'm waiting for sonic mania. That game looks nostalgic and fun.
  • IamFireIamFire Member
    I was going to buy it but my friend said that it sucks

I heard many good things about Zelda Breath of the wind! Most likely I will be getting the Switch in May, as that is when it's my Birthday! I'd wait for what Super Mario Odessey and Splatoon 2 come, but that would take way too long!
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble

I heard many good things about Zelda Breath of the wind! Most likely I will be getting the Switch in May, as that is when it's my Birthday! I'd wait for what Super Mario Odessey and Splatoon 2 come, but that would take way too long!

It's breath of the wild
    Photo courtesy of Jackhallow666.

Favorite heroes:Overlord Executum, Samurai Takumi, Hansuke Undying, and Augustus.
  • If you haven't bought it for 1-2-Switch already, you don't deserve it.