Smart leveling help here.

Aura0fsmilesAura0fsmiles Member
edited April 12 in New to the Dungeons?
EDIT:
Taken up alot of extra hours at work
I'm still very active on Line but may not get to everyone right away.
I always answer pms on Line as a priority and can direct you to a group or 2 that can fit your needs if I can't help your problem or give you tips in a timely fashion.

As always its nice to make new friends and dont forget to smile :)

You can reach me here or on Line app "auraofsmiles"

Post edited by Aura0fsmiles on

Comments

• Aura0fsmilesAura0fsmiles Member
    edited March 12
    Still possible to smart level.
    It just takes patience.
    There are a lot if ways to play this game.
    If this way interests you hit me up

• Possible, yes. But why?
  • Some people still enjoy this way of playing :P

• What advantage do you think you have from playing this way?

Personally, force quitting on a regular basis just to avoid taking a chest and earning XP sounds insane and exhausting. Why would you do that to yourself?
  • I'm sure you've seen many arguments on forums about this in the past
    Nothing new I could add to those :p
    Biggest thing is allowing us to stay away from the whalesame a while longer and enjoy the ride.

• FatCat69 wrote: »
    What advantage do you think you have from playing this way?

I tried just playing and taking the XP and eventually I got backwards in PVP (around 30-40 I think). I ended up focusing on a few core hero's and got an Igorok drop in the heroic portal. Now I'm at 67 and starting to have trouble again. I thought it was because of leveling but I think it's the new PVP.

I got bored with he level 60+ grind so I started up another account to try the slow leveling thing but they pretty much got rid of that option. I got lucky and rolled a Grog Nog on one of the cheap heroic summon deals and he's been holding me up. But he won't last forever.

My strategy is going to be to beat down the PVP (which is sucking right now) for honor converted to gold, materials, and the occasional good tokens and running dungeons for some core hero's and runing them up. might just stop running dungeons all together. Hopefully by the time I get to 28 and open the tower I'll be able to run through it with some decent heroes.
  • I think you're right, it's more PVP being broken than anything else. Everyone is having trouble with PVP.

Re: Honor, I used to spend it daily for gold but no longer. Gold Island has fixed that constraint to some degree and honor is now too valuable to spend on gold.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Honor is way too valuable now to spend on gold.
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited March 13
    I still buy gold every day. I could be buying materials instead but what good are materials if I don't have the gold to level the runes I craft.
  • echonapechonap Member
    I still buy gold every day. I could be buying materials instead but what good are materials if I don't have the gold to level the runes I craft.

Maxing epics? Doesn't help pvp much though.

Plus you are a different story. You raid so much that you have excess honor. For most people who just use their free raid tickets (and maybe aether refreshes), we barely get enough honor to buy the tokens and stuff.
  • UrBonerUrBoner Member
    FatCat69 wrote: »

Personally, force quitting on a regular basis just to avoid taking a chest and earning XP sounds insane and exhausting. Why would you do that to yourself?

I do smart leveling and lvl 35. i am champion in pvp. this is why i smart level. because i won't ever pay money for a mobile game that is low quality. if you level normally and don't pay money, you will feel a world of pain when you go to pvp
  • TWilliamsTWilliams Member
    edited March 14
    What advantage do you think you have from playing this way? yourself?

I just got 6 brown chests in a row. I think I'm going to try force quit for a while. Maybe it's the 2X tokens event. Like at Kohls where they mark everything up by 50% right before having a big sale.
  • UrBoner wrote: »

I do smart leveling and lvl 35. i am champion in pvp. this is why i smart level. because i won't ever pay money for a mobile game that is low quality. if you level normally and don't pay money, you will feel a world of pain when you go to pvp

That is quite flawed logic. Champion league will consist of all other people in champion league, meaning your level is entirely irrelevant. You can sit in champion at level 70 just as easily. I am in legend, and I do not put any money in this game. Besides, what is the point in playing a game you consider this game low quality?

Either way, slow leveling holds nearly no purpose. It used to when it gave people a drastic advantage in pvp due to only fighting low level people with highly starred toons. Calling it smart leveling does not change anything about the concept. Slow leveling no longer gives you an advantage in pvp. Smart leveling is adapting and playing to the meta. Now, slow leveling is just a silly ideal that people try to hold on to.
  • Whoa, hold your pants.

Most of this is currently true, this style of play has been systematically removed from the game and it is mostly irrelevant now for PVP.

Just a couple of points to consider before blindly following someones suggestions or direction on slow level play.

1. make sure you have a roster strong enough to do the tower everyday. those resources can not be acquired any other way (except with real money) I actually prefer to have a roster strong enough to do the tower fast (20 mins) but do what you can, as my time per day is limited.
    2. In the last summit Eej and indicated that PLAYER LEVEL along with roster power (some formula like averaging your top 8 heroes) will be used for match making again in the future. So before you rush to get exp, just consider this.
    3. There have been a few threads on the forum lately about the much better PVP experience at lower levels due to longer fights, more balanced heroes, less one shotting, ability to use a wide variety of heroes. This is not the case currently at higher or max level. (just read the forum). So this might also be a reason to take your time and enjoy the journey.

If you are going to spend real money on this game and lots of it, (over 500$) then there is absolutely no reason to go somewhat slower. Of if you are going to spend 3-6 hours a day on this game that can reduce the need or desire to go slower.

There is no fast is better or slow is better. It all depends on factors such as time per day, real money, luck, and current state of the game and your current place in the game. If you want to have the strongest roster in the shortest time there are good arguments on the forum for going fast getting to 70 and then working thru your roster. @FatCat69 has made some very good arguments for this being the most efficient way to play in the long term. And maybe he can give you some of his ideas and tricks for how to fast level with the least pain and most efficient use of resources. Much of this argument depends on your goals in the game.

My 2 cents.

litespeed
  • I'll take the lumps. I was wrong.

I read the 40 page discussion from the summit last night. Since they're talking about going back to a level based pairing system where you won't be paired with outside of +/-5 or whatever levels, your level will still matter. So hold on and don't go nuts leveling up just yet.
  • I am not so sure it will matter though. With level plus roster power, whatever that means, you will still have to fight folks that have strong heroes like yourself. So you probably will not see a huge advantage in PVP, power wise, but maybe at lower tiers you will still see variety of teams? Who knows, wait and see.
    litespeed
  • Just looking to branch out and grab a few friends.
    It would be nice to share knowledge and plans with others.

Building a community on Line app to share gathered knowledge and strategies with lower level players.
    If you'd like to help out any level player is welcome.

You can reach me here or on Line app "auraofsmiles"

The old school "smart leveling" you read about is pretty much gone. If you want to emulate that style of play try this:

1) Do not take any XP that you can avoid (new daily quests with XP attached).

2) Build a core team of basic heroes and ONLY star/level them up. Give up the extra stamina each day.

3) Get to brawler level in PVP and buy the gold. Use gold to buy 10x great summons.

4) Use excess honor after pvp ends for heroic summons.

5) Invest gems in premium runes that you craft from salvaged runes. Try to get them to legendary 5-star and level them to max.

6) Complete only event quests that advance your core heroes. Now is a good time.

Heroes you can level up in first 4 levels:

1) Kobal (best low level hero, ridiculous with battle runes)

2) Tsume (all around good, hard to get going)

3) Stone Fist (defense)

4) Torchy (offense)

5) Yasmin (healing)

6) nitpick (good area of effect attack)

Note: Rogar/Willow are good very early and then lose out to the ones above. You will have to work them for a while but then let them go.

• I am not so sure it will matter though. With level plus roster power, whatever that means, you will still have to fight folks that have strong heroes like yourself. So you probably will not see a huge advantage in PVP, power wise, but maybe at lower tiers you will still see variety of teams? Who knows, wait and see.

if you can focus on a core group of 4-5 heroes and just level/star/rune them up you can get an advantage.

I think there are a lot of people that take the ridiculous XP along with the cheap daily quest awards and get backwards. It's sad because I'm sure they get frustrated and quit the game. Not a good plan for bringing new people in and generating revenue.

• Maybe I worded it wrong lol
    I'm offering the help :P

• Thank you for your efforts Aura0fsmiles. I'm so glad that I never listened to the "core group" people.