This last Saturday , we convened the 4th guild summit where topics are discussed between myself and various guilds' leaders and stakeholders.
- A summary of each summit (going forward, and post-dated older ones as possible) will be posted by the Monday after.
- For this current summary, I'm still going through the entire log (about 100 pages) to summarize each topic with the key points and expected actions.
- This additional information will be added by end of day TUE March 14th (tomorrow).
- Summit attendees, please feel free to share your thoughts, observations, and impressions.
- Daily Quest Changes - what happened, key takeaways like effort to do crown quests needs to be parity
- Matchmaking - specifically since THU March 9th had changes to better "load-balance" frequency of being attacked regardless of recent activity
- Upcoming PvP Seasons systemic changes - around re-introducing E/M/H choices, no "free for all" League matchmaking, etc.
- Recent Event feedback - amount of time required, not being able to use own heroes, and a discussion about setting event standards
- Rapid Fire Q&A on other topics by participants
Daily Quest Changes
Matchmaking update on frequency of attack issues
- Daily Quest revamp released earlier than intended thus unintentionally pre-empting the planned opportunity for the community to preview and give feedback of our core intent:
- The goal was that completing the 10 dailies should take around 30min - and not be a huge time sink - it's meant to reinforce the "core loop" (activities in the game) to players.
- Planned revision (eta ASAP) to Daily quests tied to Crowns to not require any more effort than in the previous daily quest content (We’re working to make this change)
- Evaluating daily quests that require resources (like Craft or Upgrade) and their rewards – idea is to motivate players less familiar with the systems to use them so they need to reward comparable value (if not same materials)
- Evaluating Crown “buffer” – such that a guild member can earn ~35 crowns/day, still capped at 210 a week, such that they could make up a missed day
- Ensure that Gem rewards from daily quests (at a mininum) are equal to before, as a NET gain - not just rewards
- Evaluating a daily tower quest that does have 25 gems as a return to celebrate what the previous daily quest did.
PvP Seasons Changes
- On THU 3/9, a change was made to better “load balance” players who are attacked – no longer based on inactivity
- Initial feedback from some community members that were being attacked/offered too frequently is that issues were resolved in this regard
- Further matchmaking changes will be part of a proposed larger PvP Seasons update (described below)
Recent Event Feedback
- We are still finalizing details, but wanted to get initial feedback on some of the areas of the proposal – to ensure we’re addressing larger concerns, here are the key points:
- Re-introducing the E/M/H selection (left-to-right) choice of opponents
- This will be based on Level and a Power Rating calculation of a subset of each player’s roster – not the current Defense team
- Trophy win/loss and base rewards (Honor/Gold) will be adjusted based on the selection – exact ratios will be fixed unlike E/M/H PvP before PvP Seasons
- Illustrative example (not final numbers): if your League would grant 160 Trophies on a (H) choice, (M) would be 80, and (E) would be 40 – still reviewing exact ratios
- How this affects Win Streak count / behavior is still under review
- Re-evaluating Power Rating contributed by Runes and Epics to ensure their contributions are more in-line with what they actually contribute to the Hero
- Removing “Free for all” Leagues – all player levels can reach Legend I
- Any rewards, such as Runes, that are limited by level will be level appropriate – e.g. Level 20s can’t get Superior Runes
- Top 100 will be rebranded Boss 100 and will be level-restricted to the same threshold that can attack/be attacked by Level 70 players - ~66-70 (exact ranged is still being evaluated)
- Evaluating plans to introduce other level range “Top 100” leaderboards and rewards in a later client update (to support viewing/collating multiple leaderboards for Seasons) – this will not occur in the short term
- Evaluating less frequent Honor “reset/conversion” rather than at the end of every Season, e.g. every 4 Seasons (monthly) as a schedule – we still intend to prevent long-term hoarding
- Looking at ensuring “special rewards” like the unique runes are available as limited purchase in Honor shop at significant cost – such that players outside of the Boss 100 can gear up to compete
- This does not mean we’re removing them as rewards, just not restricting to the smallest set of competitors – although we’re also looking at different distinct rewards for Boss 100 that aren’t necessarily potency
- In the summit I stated we’d be posting further details on the changes either MON/TUE – but we’re still finalizing initial plan details. We will post a feedback thread this week with more details but it will be later than MON/TUE.
- Don't make events where you can’t use your heroes if they are better
- Time commitment (even with generous rewards) – too grindy and too much per day
- If we make a "hero development" event - we need something for people who have those heroes already maxxed to do in said event other than collect Aether (and/or improve Aether)
- 1 hour for event activities per day as “core loop”
- Provide additional activities for those who want to spend more time than that - although these need to be repeatable activities for additional rewards - not bespoke content
- There were quite a few specific questions – here are a few of the highlights
- Evaluating global daily reset at a standardized hour - e.g. everyone resets at the same hour, not based on local timezone
- Opportunities to acquire more of the scarce Rune/Epic resources like Pyre Embers
- A Pve content update is in the plan but not near term – PvP Seasons and then Guild improvements are the current focus
- Orbs need to be available outside of Challenge mode (e.g. Boss mode, events, special rewards, etc.)
- Hero sort/filter is in the plan for a later client update but not near term
Last word spoiler: Rocky is getting a buff this week