PVP has not been fun...now it is completely awful

Unless you have ridiculous runes on a number of your heroes, the latest changes kinda broke pvp.

I dont think there is a point trying anymore. The guys at DB just don't listen!

I'm one of the most active players in the game, top 100 in PVP for a few weeks...if i dont want to play anymore, I think that's an indicator that @Eej should take seriously. Not because i'm important, but because I represent a player base that is theoretically the most "positive" and committed to Dungeon Boss. But it is really hard when PVE is boring and unrewarding and PVP is frankly so difficult (single heroes one shotting your entire team, now they can get dodge in round one, others get 2 turns despite their first move also being able to oneshot most of your team, some are even more invincible than they were before, etc)

PS - I see one team in PVP now. Past 7 players have ran it that i've come across.

Koros
Viperia
Krexx
Rocky

Yay, this change to the meta is great...
Tagged:

Comments

  • I agree, PVP have just become even more broken with this! I'm at Warlord 3, really wanted to make a go for it this week, but all I see is either really insane buffed up teams with Shade, SB, Koros and Emily or MK or now Rocky and the Reptiles feat. Koros.. How is anyone supposed to ever get an attack launched? And if I do.. might not hit anything. 85% Dodge chance?!! F... you DB.
    Further more, defence has all their abilities loaded, so even IF I manage to last one round (hardly ever does), I'm still super ****.

    PVP sucks more!
  • Lieto wrote: »
    Unless you have ridiculous runes on a number of your heroes, the latest changes kinda broke pvp.

    I dont think there is a point trying anymore. The guys at DB just don't listen!

    I'm one of the most active players in the game, top 100 in PVP for a few weeks...if i dont want to play anymore, I think that's an indicator that @Eej should take seriously. Not because i'm important, but because I represent a player base that is theoretically the most "positive" and committed to Dungeon Boss. But it is really hard when PVE is boring and unrewarding and PVP is frankly so difficult (single heroes one shotting your entire team, now they can get dodge in round one, others get 2 turns despite their first move also being able to oneshot most of your team, some are even more invincible than they were before, etc)

    PS - I see one team in PVP now. Past 7 players have ran it that i've come across.

    Koros
    Viperia
    Krexx
    Rocky

    Yay, this change to the meta is great...

    I'll take these free wins all day! We've already come up with several counters in our guild line chat. Maybe you posted this earlier though hah
  • I've tried three PvP fights with rocky and each time my team has been wiped out by MK AFTER rocky casts his dodge special. 85% dodge? I really don't think so... or I've been unlucky
  • LietoLieto Member
    Lieto wrote: »
    Unless you have ridiculous runes on a number of your heroes, the latest changes kinda broke pvp.

    I dont think there is a point trying anymore. The guys at DB just don't listen!

    I'm one of the most active players in the game, top 100 in PVP for a few weeks...if i dont want to play anymore, I think that's an indicator that @Eej should take seriously. Not because i'm important, but because I represent a player base that is theoretically the most "positive" and committed to Dungeon Boss. But it is really hard when PVE is boring and unrewarding and PVP is frankly so difficult (single heroes one shotting your entire team, now they can get dodge in round one, others get 2 turns despite their first move also being able to oneshot most of your team, some are even more invincible than they were before, etc)

    PS - I see one team in PVP now. Past 7 players have ran it that i've come across.

    Koros
    Viperia
    Krexx
    Rocky

    Yay, this change to the meta is great...

    I'll take these free wins all day! We've already come up with several counters in our guild line chat. Maybe you posted this earlier though hah

    This and variations of it can be a problem...and to be honest, you need very high levels of DR to comfortably handle the strategy...its not something the !average" player is going to be managing as easily as you are...

    And we need more than just the top 200 people to be having fun or this pvp game is going to dry up even more than it is already
  • EejEej Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    edited March 17
  • LietoLieto Member
    Let's buff slow heroes again. Make them bulky make them win. We players want to live past round one. Shouldn't we be allowed to run slow again.

    There was a time believe it or not, when slow heroes were actually on the top. They had high defenses, landed massive attacks, you had to make sure prepare for their wrath. Brom was the best, he had tank hunter, Stonefist made a win certain, fast heroes had high damage and couldn't take a hit, while middle of the road heroes could buff themselves to fit. But those slow heroes sacrificed speed to be able to survive and provide what you need. Now they're not used and sent to the back. Shouldn't I be able to set up a slow defense and live past round one?

    The best slow hero of recent months was kozar and that was only because we made him fast! lol

    More variety would be good
  • Matt, our mad scientist came up with a counter quickly too...I think the main thing is that every defense is the same 2 teams, gets boring bud.
    Also, your a superior player, so you have access to more resources than most of us...props to ya on that, however, if us bottom feeders get frustrated and leave, then what? Level Capped vs underworld is what's left?
  • danacdanac Member
    Let's buff slow heroes again. Make them bulky make them win.

    I agree. Give each slow hero 80,000 more hit points in pvp.


    ...

    That might be enough.
  • My Kira doesn't hit for 20k X2 with Death Blossom...what a joke

  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    It will get better soon. Word of our problems have been passed along.
  • There are no problems only the illusion of problems. Stop believing in the illusion and the problems will go away. PVP is perfect the illusion has blinded many to the perfection of PVP.
  • danacdanac Member
    SpiritWind wrote: »
    There are no problems only the illusion of problems. Stop believing in the illusion and the problems will go away. PVP is perfect the illusion has blinded many to the perfection of PVP.

    PVP itself is an illusion. There is no spoon.
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    danac wrote: »
    Let's buff slow heroes again. Make them bulky make them win.

    I agree. Give each slow hero 80,000 more hit points in pvp.


    ...

    That might be enough.

    We added 40% more health a while ago. That does **** all now. I get 1 shot all the time! Oh well, if I get beaten because of runes. Hey, good job crafting them bud you deserve your win over my cruddily armed team!
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly

  • ratlhedratlhed Member
    My son started an account a little over a week ago. While still under lvl20 the pvp system seems to be working perfectly in every aspect. What's even more surprising is every match lasts roughly 4-5 rounds. I jump on his account several times a day just so I can have fun at pvp again. It is just an utter joy to actually be able to play again. No runes, no OP heroes, just battle. Thinking of scrapping my vip9 account and starting over. I suggest if you have kids or other devices you give this a try. It's a blast!
  • ratlhed wrote: »
    My son started an account a little over a week ago. While still under lvl20 the pvp system seems to be working perfectly in every aspect. What's even more surprising is every match lasts roughly 4-5 rounds. I jump on his account several times a day just so I can have fun at pvp again. It is just an utter joy to actually be able to play again. No runes, no OP heroes, just battle. Thinking of scrapping my vip9 account and starting over. I suggest if you have kids or other devices you give this a try. It's a blast!

    @ratlhed: Thank you kindly for your input. The problem with scrapping a VIP-9-account is though, that you'd be spreading the wrong message, as this would imply, that hard work and longterm investments do not pay off.
  • VIP needs more perks... Who cares about Evos..
    nzvcnw0e2k2o.jpg

  • ratlhedratlhed Member
    Just speaking for myself but if it isn't fun it doesn't pay off. I'm sure a lot of people enjoy the new pvp and grinding out superior runes but I do not. I enjoy good battles that don't end with 1 move by the first hero. Just offering an alternative to those who may feel the same way
  • LietoLieto Member
    ratlhed wrote: »
    Just speaking for myself but if it isn't fun it doesn't pay off. I'm sure a lot of people enjoy the new pvp and grinding out superior runes but I do not. I enjoy good battles that don't end with 1 move by the first hero. Just offering an alternative to those who may feel the same way

    I'm not sure who these "a lot of prople" are. Even players in the top 100 don't seem to enjoy the current dynamic and if it turns out people have been manipulating the battles to effectively guarantee wins then even less will enjoy the game as word spreads...

    I hear a load of changes he's are coming and I am hopeful the situation will improve
  • ratlhedratlhed Member
    Rest assured there will be a harsh warning issued to the cheaters
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com