Light or Dark, Choose Your Side! (Also, Some Bug Fixes!) [DARK WINS!]

xzj7na6po0ic.png

We’ve got a new event with an age old choice: Which side are you on? Light or Dark?

Depending on which side you choose, four of your heroes will get a special ability:
  • If you choose Light: Leonidus, Augustus, Alexandros, and Zen get “Light Guardian”, which gives them a chance to defend an ally from an attack.
  • If you choose Dark: Brom, Executum, Ella, and Balog get “Dark Dealings”, which gives them a chance to steal a buff from the enemy they attack.
Don’t worry about making a ‘wrong’ choice though, you’ll have the opportunity to re-choose your side every day!

There’s also a repeatable quest that will allow you to unlock special event dungeons. Both the Light and Dark event dungeons will be available regardless of the side you chose. The event dungeons will close after you beat two of them (either beat each of them once or one of them twice), or after two hours pass, whichever happens first.

In addition, there is a “Team Light” and “Team Dark” quest which is unique to each side. We’ll be tracking the number of times each quest is completed. Depending on which is completed more, we’ll send everyone who participated in the event either 50 Emily tokens or 50 Malice tokens, plus some Light or Dark materials at the end of the event. Each day that you complete the “Team” quest will count towards your side, but ALL participants will get the bundle at the end of the event, even if you never chose the winning side.

We’ve also made the following bug fixes:
  • Fixed an issue with the game freezing if you lost a dungeon after summoning a friend.
  • Koros no longer deals extra damage against an enemy Koros.
  • Pignius’ Sucker Punch flyoff now works properly.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Hansuke from getting Leonidus’ Anti-Magic Aura while Vigilance was active.
  • Sir William’s “Bring It On” has been changed so the pumped buff and taunt abilities expire at the same time.
  • Fixed visual issue with Hagrim’s “Vengeful Dwarf” that could make it look like his health was not being increased properly.
  • Damage from 'Fired Up' and reflection shields no longer trigger Shocked.

(4/5) DARK won! Everyone will be receiving 50 Malice tokens within the next few days!
Post edited by Joel on
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Since I have Emily at 6* and Malice at 5*, I'm hoping Malice is the prize at the end!

Also, let the stealth nerf/changes hunt begin!
  • edited March 28
    Glad to see some innovation with this new event. Extremely glad that pvp is not required for this event so far.

Also, the light hero tokens should be different. Emily has been around longer and is farmable while Malice is decently rare. Should have made the light hero Zen or Bauble.
  • Let's see... finally a light epic?
  • Just changed my shared hero to MK to help with the quest line that gives 50 Shadowblade tokens. Hopefully everyone changes to dark or light heros.

If you choose light side there is a quest to kill 100 dark enemies. Lair of the Lich helps with that quest. :)
  • Oooohh, speculation time, kiddos! I'm gonna bet that this means a Light synergy team is going to come out soon (hopefully one that doesn't involve MK, but... it probably will if it happens), and maybe some buffs to Dhaegon and Alexandros? Perhaps a Light epic? Oh oh! Maybe some skins for Executum and Malice... ehehehe... excitement!
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Reall cool quest concept. Coincidentally I was thinking of something along these lines literally this morning (Big group events pushing a side), but the part I couldn't get around was how bad it would feel to be on the losing side. Everyone winning and collectively fighting for whichever side we want is a perfect solution!

Really great job. Hoping the event dungeons are as rewarding as last week!
  • Thanks for the bug fixes too! I hope these bug fixes can be a weekly thing.
  • Which stage has the most light enemies? I'm running Aurora Glade 20-2 right now...has maybe 8-10 depending.
  • 6-6 for dark enemies.
    Has 21 for 7 energy.
  • So how many tokens can you get for the "beat malice / emily in their dungeons" quest?

There are 20 parts for each, and the first one offers 2 tokens. Will this be a 100 token total quest?
  • Nice trick with the Guardian of the Realms. Heh.

Zana - Lich's minions are dark, you can get as many as you need right there for 7 stamina.
  • edited March 28
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    So how many tokens can you get for the "beat malice / emily in their dungeons" quest?

There are 20 parts for each, and the first one offers 2 tokens. Will this be a 100 token total quest?

I'm guessing you mean offers 5 tokens? It is a total of 100 tokens for each, all 20 steps of the quest are identical.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    So how many tokens can you get for the "beat malice / emily in their dungeons" quest?

I'm guessing you mean offers 5 tokens? It is a total of 100 tokens for each, all 20 steps of the quest are identical.

Oops, yes, 5 tokens, sorry. Ok cool, thanks!
  • Here goes 6* Emily
  • 20-4 Sky Temple for light enemies. I got 25, including the Guardian.
  • edited March 28
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    Let's see... finally a light epic?

I bet you'd like that. Unfortunately, there are still more fire heroes.

Introducing Pignius' epic: Player's Bane. Prepare your fire crystals, pyre embers and molten totems.

You can never have enough Fire epics!

• Looks like rewards are runes again. Got a light and a dark greater bulwark rune from each run. 3 stars.
  • So where is this Realm of Darkness????
  • Nice event and thanks to everyone posting the best dungeons!!
  • Ashaman wrote: »
    So where is this Realm of Darkness????

Both the realm of darkness and light are only accessible once you kill 4 of those "alexandros" looking enemies, which are randomly found in any dungeon stage after chapter 3 (so starting from 4-1 and on). Once you kill 4, you turn in the quest, and then you'll see a new event banner that lets you choose to do the light or dark event dungeon (or both).

I've been getting about a 50% ratio of finding that alexandros character.
  • Dark Side For The Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    He who calls the Golem a troll card will not be in the clan of Starley Inc.

yes, me Clash Royale addict
  • The Light and the Dark. I'm the one in the middle. The Bendu.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad
    I'm on Twitter regularly
    2b2r3K.gif
    [/center]
  • Joel wrote: »
    No, but the idea of a hero conga line is amusing.

Conga could be the new reptile hero to complete the set of 4! One of his abilities could be conga line ... attack an enemy and then each other reptile hero in turn attacks that same target.
  • This is a VERY nice event. Well done!
    IGN: Xanathra
  • phil wrote: »
    Light: 20-4(24), 12-3(22), 11-3(18), 5-1(12), 13-2(9), 14-6(8), 14-2(7.5)
    Not a list of best, or a list of all. Just some.

Feel stupid asking, but am I missing something? I don't see any quests that involve light or dark kills. I see using light/dark friends, and unlocking and beating the guardian event dungeons. That's it...