Chest protection not working

Below you can see the chest has been protected for 24 minutes and there was a fight within that time frame where loot was stolen

a0er6jrodk6i.png
g1krcv8ccjf8.png
ld3ta2rb7lnc.png
9gJSaHl.gif
Tagged:

Comments

• One of the top threads on some history reddit thread I read yesterday had to do with "boob armor". I'd never been to that reddit before, nor do I even remember how I got there yesterday.

I find this life coincidence mildly entertaining and thought I would share. Also for the record, boob armor doesn't seem to have ever actually been a thing given that it provided worse protection than standard plate mail. The thread was asking how the concept came about since it wasn't historically used.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @MattCauthron - I also end up in weird places that I don't know how I got there when I drink too much.
  • wzang wrote: »
    Below you can see the chest has been protected for 24 minutes and there was a fight within that time frame where loot was stolen

a0er6jrodk6i.png
    g1krcv8ccjf8.png
    ld3ta2rb7lnc.png

Chest protection has always had bugs from day 1. I'm guessing it's just some kind of lag as far as when chest is protected and when fights occur. It's happened to me before too.
  • TherrinnTherrinn Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Perhaps the person started the fight before the chest protection was in place, but for some reason took more than 20 minutes to complete it.
    OverrideB1
    “I bought a big bag of potatoes and it's growing eyes like crazy. Other foods rot. Potatoes want to see.”
    ― Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut
  • wzangwzang Member
    Apparently on Tuesdays you can loot your chest if and only you are on right as it expires or you lose out and get the dreaded end of season reward message.

So yeah, bugs.

@bvs72 good to have you back. I did far worse and avoided the ban. It's because I'm their favorite XD
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I've had this looked into. Due to the way we serve potential opponents in PVP, your chest's protected/unprotected state is indicated to your attacker at the point in time that they are shown you as a potential enemy. This means that if you protect your chest, it is possible for it to be attacked for up to an hour and the protection will not count if another player was already served you as a potential opponent. However, this also means that your protection lasts past its literal end, as players served you when your protection is still active but haven't attacked you yet will still see your chest as protected, even if it has expired.

I hope that makes sense!
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • It does make sense, but you recognize how backward and broken that is, right?

I mean, your attacker doesn't care whether your chest is protected or not, right? If they win, they're going to get paid regardless.

The only thing that (SHOULD) matter is whether your chest is protected or not at the time that the loss is registered. If it's not protected, steal away. If it's protected, nothing should be lost. Period.
    9gJSaHl.gif
    ld3ta2rb7lnc.png

pridxyy4vsot.jpg

• Sorry @wzang I didn't want to steal your gold and honor
  • Hmm that does make sense.
    Figured something like this was the cause but how about those times when you've protected it for 24hours come back9-10 hours later and still lost resources somehow
    I always keep it topped off between 6-8 hours unless I'm sleeping or working I boost it a little more.
    Most of the time it never stats unlocked for even a second for weeks at a time and yet I've had gold and honor missing many times over last 10 seasons.
    Nothing this season yet but you never know...
    Follow me on Twitch @Auraofsmiles
  • LietoLieto Member
    Chest protection is broken.

It's a stupid system as it currently stands and I propose that until they can make it work as common sense would suggest ( @FatCat69 nails it) then nothing should be stolen.

Sure, attackers get paid as usual but defenders should not lose anything.

The fact I can have my dungeon protected for hours and still lose loot is just silly.

It's a bit like forgetting to lock my house. I rush home and lock up. Thankfully no one burgled me... Oh but wait, an hour later my TV disappears because a criminal thought about stealing from me when the door was unlocked...and despite my currently locked door, the thief uses DB's alternative dimension logic to bypass my locks and help themselves to my goodies... Hope that makes sense
  • There is one more collection of your chest on Tuesday, 3pm CST right?
  • Not unless you're super quick. ;)
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Not unless you're super quick. ;)

so basically starting from Monday 3pm CST, I can stop protecting my chest?
  • wzangwzang Member
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    FatCat69 wrote: »

Yes that's correct
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • wzangwzang Member
    So technically you should stop protecting after today's loot. Unless you are on at reset tomorrow and you are spamming the loot chest to get your loots, forget it if you login later. You get the dreaded end of season verbiage

This is working as intended though, I wrote about this in March to CS. So frustrating. Even after I explained it, just not seeing it from the players perspective. It doesn't even match what happens in reality

n36ng2q44s7q.png
    d3i4fwiuojnv.png
    2py7s4oztx0z.png
    9gJSaHl.gif
    shiggity80 wrote: »

Yes that's correct

It's nice that I can save on hammers, but to not have to protect chest for 2 days, and miss out on 1 collection is just terrible design by the devs.
    So technically you should stop protecting after today's loot. Unless you are on at reset tomorrow and you are spamming the loot chest to get your loots, forget it if you login later. You get the dreaded end of season verbiage

This is working as intended though, I wrote about this in March to CS. So frustrating. Even after I explained it, just not seeing it from the players perspective. It doesn't even match what happens in reality

n36ng2q44s7q.png
    d3i4fwiuojnv.png
    2py7s4oztx0z.png

So the "warning" message really should pop up on Monday at 3pm CST.
  • wzangwzang Member
    edited April 18
    Yes it really should @Joel @Eej

Can you guys bubble this feedback and implement this update in a future patch. Many of us are just wasting hammers
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • SpiritWindSpiritWind Member
    edited April 18
    I stopped protecting my chest, there is no point. Hammers are still useless.
    xcmlg7p1ptv1.jpeg
  • I'm sure you know by now, but they fixed the collection issue; or at least, I was able to collect today.
  • kiikiikins wrote: »
    I'm sure you know by now, but they fixed the collection issue; or at least, I was able to collect today.

Me too
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited April 19
    Chest Protection..

"Just another form of control" <movie reference the Matrix>
  • kalamadeakalamadea Member
    edited April 25
    So here's where I get "triggered" --

I protected my chest before falling asleep last night.
    I wake up and I'm at 10 attacks "unprotected"
    I seriously doubt it's a one hour window and that all these attacks are taking place at 4am EST...

I like Lieto's analogy -- somehow they can steal from me after locking it down? They all have DeLoreans equipped with Flux Capacitors??

@Eej Can we see a change from "mystical timedoor left open" to a system that checks at the point the attack occurred?
  • @Eej @Joel It looks like it's no longer warning that we don't need to protect our chest in the last 24 hours. Must have broken this when you fixed it to allow collection on the last day.

There isn't a need to protect our chest for the next 24 hours, right? In other words we won't get additional Honor and gold along with our weekly rewards at the close of the season, right?
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @Eej @Joel It looks like it's no longer warning that we don't need to protect our chest in the last 24 hours. Must have broken this when you fixed it to allow collection on the last day.

There isn't a need to protect our chest for the next 24 hours, right? In other words we won't get additional Honor and gold along with our weekly rewards at the close of the season, right?

I'm still seeing it work on my device. Is anyone else not seeing the warning appear? It will only appear once though, then it will allow you to spend anyways if you really, really want to.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Was able to collect today and got the warning afterwards when trying to add hammers.
  • After relaunching, it's looking like I would expect it to look and gives me the warning message now.

My protection ran out maybe 45 seconds after the chest became available. At that point in time it didn't have the "Keep battling for better final rewards!" message, just looked normal. No warnings were presented as I added another 8 hours of protection.
    9gJSaHl.gif