Warm Up With The Fire Festival!

2»

Comments

• FoozleFoozle Member
    Lieto wrote: »
    Strange. My post got deleted...I think

The punchline was that ive now gone 5 runs with no candles.

I think I'm just unlucky.

I'm doing the tower to reset RNG and hope for better luck later

Yeah I think just bad short term luck. I had some dry spells also but overall was very worthwhile. 100 runs isn't by any means conclusive but it is a decent sample.

Hope your luck changes.

@ZWendy thanks for info on amazing chests. I guess I just had a really unlucky run to get 8 good in a row, but am with you that I'm glad I didn't get lupina when I was still refreshing for Koros. Wish they would fix that longstanding bug.
  • Pardon wrote: »
    For fire heo tokens you mean also Ember ones?

Great event, but yeah would have been nice to have some Ember tokens, considering the event is named in her honour.

---
    The Potato Army (formally The Wire)
  • RyeChusRyeChus Member
    edited April 19
    If this dungeon had been unheralded I would have been content to give it a few spins and would have appreciated the chance of getting some superior runes.

However, since it is billed as a 'festival' event, headlined with the promise "Get tons of Pyre Embers!" I find myself more than a little disillusioned.
    This is yet another promise you have somehow managed to, quite spectacularly, fail to deliver on.

I have done numerous more runs on the dungeon, with a significant proportion of them still candle free, and have gathered only another 5 pyre embers to add to the 15 collected previously. I did also get a couple of evos, a Koros token or two, and a smattering of other fire materials - but those are readily available elsewhere. For Pyre Embers, which I am short of, I probably would have gotten more running regular dungeons.

I didn't ask for fireworks - I would have been more than happy with a few dying embers. Nevertheless, this event has failed to set me alight. Instead I feel like I have been stumbling around in the dark.
    Overall - a bit of a damp squib (though I have always though the expression 'damp squid' would be much better).

Poor Show, Big Fish, poor show ...
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited April 19
    Have come across like 3 candles, got 1 token from them, every other run is empty of candles! Lame! :(
    Post edited by sirolk99 on
    Officer - Level 66 - "The Bastion"
    http://bastion-db.boards.net/
  • HakonaHakona Member
    I have got more brimstone in this run than what i got last year

y8xqdjuyuiei.jpg

5fzg6P6.jpg
  • RyeChus wrote: »
    If this dungeon had been unheralded I would have been content to give it a few spins and would have appreciated the chance of getting some superior runes.

However, since it is billed as a 'festival' event, headlined with the promise "Get tons of Pyre Embers!" I find myself more than a little disillusioned.
    This is yet another promise you have somehow managed to, quite spectacularly, fail to deliver on.

I have done numerous more runs on the dungeon, with a significant proportion of them still candle free, and have gathered only another 5 pyre embers to add to the 15 collected previously. I did also get a couple of evos, a Koros token or two, and a smattering of other fire materials - but those are readily available elsewhere. For Pyre Embers, which I am short of, I probably would have gotten more running regular dungeons.

I didn't ask for fireworks - I would have been more than happy with a few dying embers. Nevertheless, this event has failed to set me alight. Instead I feel like I have been stumbling around in the dark.
    Overall - a bit of a damp squib (though I have always though the expression 'damp squid' would be much better).

Perhaps you simply did not do enough runs? We have members from our guild that literally have gotten 999 of every fire material plus crafted a ton of higher crafting materials purely so they can pick up more (Flame etched bars ect)

This is without dispute one of the most generous events they have done since this game came out. I (And everyone else in my guild) loved it.
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    edited April 19
    nm
  • RyeChusRyeChus Member
    edited April 19
    RyeChus wrote: »

Perhaps you simply did not do enough runs? We have members from our guild that literally have gotten 999 of every fire material plus crafted a ton of higher crafting materials purely so they can pick up more (Flame etched bars ect)

This is without dispute one of the most generous events they have done since this game came out. I (And everyone else in my guild) loved it.

I've done close to 100 runs now
    10+ since my last comment and I got 5 more pyre embers

My comment is aimed at the promise of 'tons of pyre embers'
    I'm not concerned about the rest.

How many runs to 'literally' get 999 of each?

Maybe Big Fish's generosity is guild dependant?
  • MattCauthronMattCauthron Member
    edited April 19
    @RyeChus

100 runs with that poor of results 0.o I'm not sure man, I'll admit I'd be ho hum at that point too. Everyone I've seen has had overall great results. We have a lot of players who save up stamina so I'm sure they spent a couple thousand but still many of us got more than your entire haul in a single run. I've personally gotten around 400 pyres with my 60 runs.

TLDR: I'm sorry for your almost deviation breaking bad luck. Complain away! Though I have to imagine you are an extreme outlier. There's probably some guy that got 1000 pyres in less runs out there no idea how lucky he is >.<
  • RyeChusRyeChus Member
    @RyeChus

100 runs with that poor of results 0.o I'm not sure man, I'll admit I'd be ho hum at that point too. Everyone I've seen has had overall great results. We have a lot of players who save up stamina so I'm sure they spent a couple thousand but still many of us got more than your entire haul in a single run. I've personally gotten around 400 pyres with my 60 runs.

I guess if you get the 100 jackpot once in a while it changes things - but the event could have been configured so the jackpots are the icing on the cake while a steady stream of smaller rewards ensured everyone got a decent stash of pyre embers. If that were the case Big Fish's 'generosity' would not be in dispute.
  • phontonx wrote: »
    My only complaint about this event is the resist runes and resist traits that are being dropped. If DB is getting rid of these runes because they know they are useless, the why are they still dropping them in the event dungeons? I don't think anything pissed me off more that when I got a Superior Legendary 4* Resist rune...

True, but I also look at it as I'm not hoping for a 5* legendary superior power rune with perfect stats. Instead, I know I'll be getting lots of superior shards to break down. And even a resist rune can give me some useful binders.
  • danacdanac Member
    edited April 20

I'll dispute it.
    So far the candle drop avg is about .5-.6 per run for me. Which makes jackpots very rare. The runes dropped are bleh. And this is for 10 stam per run.

The last Jerry double dungeon felt more rewarding.
    And there were even better one[(s) than those of late.

• I've been getting a ton of pyre ember jackpots. Unfortunately I had already pretty much maxed my pyre embers during the last event. I keep running it, hoping for more brimstone or flame crystals.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • danac wrote: »

I'll dispute it.
    So far the candle drop avg is about .5-.6 per run for me. Which makes jackpots very rare. The runes dropped are bleh. And this is for 10 stam per run.

The last Jerry double dungeon felt more rewarding.
    And there were even better one[(s) than those of late.

I'd rank this in the top 5 most generous events not so much about the candles, but because of the near guaranteed superior rune drop that can be salvaged for shards/binders.

Without any real specific order, here are the other 4 events that stick out in my mind:

1. Halloween 2016 (probably best)
    2. The one dungeon in winterfest that gave ridiculous mats (I think it was winterfest)
    3. The recent 3x materials that fell on a weekend
    4. The recent great dwarf event where the middle dungeon gave tons of mats.

I think there was also another event where there was a 3x materials event that stacked on top of an already plentiful material drop dungeon.
  • I think what it comes down to, is while the candles are nice to find, when you go through those streaks of no candles for 3+ runs, you look at your stamina and start to wonder if it's worth it.

But I have amassed quite a bit of pyre / brimstone, so I think it's beneficial - if (true to DB form) - random.

PS - Please remove Resist runes from the drop table in future iterations... I don't know why, but I swear the only 3+ star, heroic superiors I get... are resist.

PPS - Here's a thought.. can resist shards be used like wildcards? They would count as any type of shard. Then we'd want resist runes just to "fill" the gap when we're low on X shard type.
  • I won't deny that running a candleless run is frustrating, especially at 10 stam per run. However, my expectations are that I am getting a relatively easy way of getting super shards/binders from this dungeon. Candles are just the icing and cherries on top.
  • This event is amazing. My only regret is that it happened while I was on vacation leaving me unable to fully capitalize on it. Still I have been putting in every bit of stamina I can and it has paid back in spades. Only things I would change:
    1. Does anyone need fire flowers anymore? Wish those were just more crystals (or anything else but swapping for crystals is a fair value trade, both normal materials)
    2. As expressed earlier, really wish resist runes were removed as potential drops

But even as is, exceptional event.
    centralcommand
  • As for
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    phontonx wrote: »
    My only complaint about this event is the resist runes and resist traits that are being dropped. If DB is getting rid of these runes because they know they are useless, the why are they still dropping them in the event dungeons? I don't think anything pissed me off more that when I got a Superior Legendary 4* Resist rune...

True, but I also look at it as I'm not hoping for a 5* legendary superior power rune with perfect stats. Instead, I know I'll be getting lots of superior shards to break down. And even a resist rune can give me some useful binders.

The problem is still with the Resist Runes, now you get more Superior Resist Shards. Those are going away (I'm guessing we won't see a conversion of some kind).
  • Returns are terrible on this dungeon. Only 1/4 runs have given a candle, and I'm 50/50 to get a superior rune at the end. Most of the time the rune is terrible (focus/elusive/resist). Sure binders are fine but at 10 stam a pop the cost is pretty high. I also haven't landed a single jackpot in approx. 40 runs. RNG is of course a thing but most of my guild echoes similar results, so it's not isolated cases. Not sure it's worth it when I could be doing two boss island dungeons for the same cost and be able to upgrade my epics.

I think the real issue is that the odds of getting good rewards appear to be quite low, and requires great luck or a lot of stamina. Most of us don't have the stamina nor the playtime to truly benefit. That makes the event frustrating; knowing good rewards are there but not being able to see them due to luck.
  • Any dungeon that allows Superiors to be quicklooted is a win in my book.
  • danacdanac Member
    shiggity80 wrote: »

I'd rank this in the top 5 most generous events not so much about the candles, but because of the near guaranteed superior rune drop that can be salvaged for shards/binders.

I was getting superiors maybe 50% of the time.

I did get some brimstone jackpots, but I got maybe 2 candles that had pyre embers in them.
    I'm not complaining so much as saying my luck in this event was much much worse than y'all's. It still gave me a few nice things.
2»