Starting point in this season

I finished last season at legend 1 with approximately 45,000 crowns. I started this season at the bottom of champion 3, is this right? I don't remember starting out this low before.
Tagged:

Comments

• I finished just short of Champion and restarted in brawler..lower than last time.

My heroes are a little better runed, the choices I'm given are generally even higher power than mine relative to last season, and I am winning very few matches.

"feels" harder.
  • phoxter wrote: »
    I finished last season at legend 1 with approximately 45,000 crowns. I started this season at the bottom of champion 3, is this right? I don't remember starting out this low before.

Sigh, is this happening still?

@Joel didn't you guys fix this last season? or is it an ongoing investigation?
  • @phoxter, what's your in-game name? I'm having this looked into.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • I summitted a ticket this morning with the powers that be. I just got a reply. I can't go into the "compensation for my troubles", as that is a TOS violation but they did say my starting point in within the range of how it is computed. All that tells me is that if you don't raid 300-500 times each season and stay in the top 100 you risk starting out so low that it will take an excessive amount of resources to get back into the thick of it. Needless to say, I am not a happy camper. Since I no longer spend any meaningful cash on this game it looks like I'm going to drop PVP. And now, there's not much more to this game any longer.
  • @Joel, Phoxder is my ingame name. Changed it here to keep people quessing.
  • I thought something was odd when it showed me starting just below Warlord II.

Then the next time I refreshed the screen, I had somehow lost 3000 trophies a few seconds later.

@Joel
  • Am I completely off base here when I say that I thought you kept 50% of your trophies (up to a max of 20K trophies) from the end of one season to the beginning of the next? If you had 45K, you should have 20K and be in warlord 1 i think.
  • That's correct.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • That's where I was at the start of last season, finished the season before that at legion 1 with about the same amount of crowns. And let me say that I am very displeased with th compensation I was sent. Like an ant hill compared to the mountain I need to climb to get back into o where I shaould be.
  • Sorry, I just noticed this thread and didn't mean to start another one in the Bugs section. This happened to me too!

[Copied from other thread]
    I ended the last season in Legend I, but was placed into Champ III this season. I've talked to a few others about it and players my level with lower roster power and less trophies got put into Warlord I. What's going on?

(I didn't take screenshots before the tourney ended, so I'll add what I do have.)

en2hleikedrc.png

mudltfy8mik1.png

0917ylosfpfq.png

Also, I did contact customer support about this since no one else I've talked to so far has encountered this issue s: They couldn't give me details as to why but said this was intentional.

@Eej @Joel What is the new PvP placing based on now if it is not on level, trophies, and roster power?
  • phoxter wrote: »
    That's where I was at the start of last season, finished the season before that at legion 1 with about the same amount of crowns. And let me say that I am very displeased with th compensation I was sent. Like an ant hill compared to the mountain I need to climb to get back into o where I shaould be.

I was not offered compensation at all. :/

• They said it was for my inconvenience, didn't amount to a hill of beans.

@Joel We need clarification on the starting point. I've now heard of several people that started out lower then others that weren't as high in the previous season.
  • edited April 29
    Made it to legend 1, long crawl from champion 3. Posting a screenshot to prove to the powers that be that at this point I have over 40k trophies in case they start me at the bottom again. Still waiting for an explanation, @Joel
  • I'm very glad they raised the trophy limit, its going to take me some time to crawl back up to where I need to be to get what I planned in the shop. I hope I make it before season ends and I end up way back down the line...
  • edited April 30
    phoxter wrote: »
    Made it to legend 1, long crawl from champion 3. Posting a screenshot to prove to the powers that be that at this point I have over 40k trophies in case they start me at the bottom again. Still waiting for an explanation, @Joel

Well done! That's commitment! I'm still working on the climb back up. I made it to Warlord I so far, but I refuse to purchase more raid tickets with gems. If this isn't sorted out, it'd just be another huge waste of resources!

Edit: I lied. I couldn't resist using gems for raid tickets. :(
    Post edited by Enervate on
  • I used a lot of gems to get back up there. But then, heck, gems grow on trees.
  • @phoxter I got a PM reply here on the forums from Eej. Check your mailbox for a message too?
  • No pm for me. Did he explained it?
  • No, I don't think he explained it. I think it was a bug. You should shoot him a pm and explain your situation as well. Maybe even link this post for proof?