Shade leaving a body counts as death for that hero

Shade had possessed Leo. I decided to wait out Shades possession so I didn't have to kill leo. Once Shades possession ended it counted as Leo "dying" and it still resurrected another hero.

Is this working as intended? It seems strange to me that shade leaving a heros body "kills" them. They were already dead!
Tagged:

Comments

• edited May 17
    Wait, so can Leo resurrect two of his allies in that way? Or when Shade possess him and brings him on to his side, when he dies, would it revive one of Shade's allies??
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • edited May 17
    Wait, so can Leo resurrect two of his allies in that way? Or when Shade possess him and brings him on to his side, when he dies, would it revive one of Shade's allies??

Well it's the same as if Leo dies and resurrects someone, and then if Emily resurrects Leo, when he dies he will resurrect another dead teammate.

In this case Leo resurrected Shade on his first death. Shade possessed Leo, and if I had killed Leo during possession I would have 100% expected him to have resurrected another hero. I was only surprise when he resurrected another hero simply when Shade left his body: ie the title of the thread.
  • If their Leo dies and resurrects Shade, who possesses your Leo, who dies and resurrects their Emily, who rezzes their Leo, who dies and resurrects MK, and nobody is there to hear it, does it still make a sound?
    zntCIcd.gif
  • echonap wrote: »
    If their Leo dies and resurrects Shade, who possesses your Leo, who dies and resurrects their Emily, who rezzes their Leo, who dies and resurrects MK, and nobody is there to hear it, does it still make a sound?

No. Because one shade leaves a body it vanishes.

Sorry to rain on your parade though :(

If Leo dies and resurrects MK, and then Emily resurrects Leo who dies and reresurrects MK, who proceeds to dodge everything and kill your entire team, does the scream of feral rage still make a sound?
  • This is intended. When Shade leaves a possessed hero, they go through the act of 'dying' again, making on-death effects occur again.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • I guess it's good if you can use your Shade to possess an enemy Leo, but bad if an enemy Shade possess an enemy Leo... so... balanced?? :lol:
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • Shade had possessed Leo. I decided to wait out Shades possession so I didn't have to kill leo. Once Shades possession ended it counted as Leo "dying" and it still resurrected another hero.

Is this working as intended? It seems strange to me that shade leaving a heros body "kills" them. They were already dead!

When Shade left Leo's body and Leo "died again", did it rez someone on your team, or the enemy team?
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Shade had possessed Leo. I decided to wait out Shades possession so I didn't have to kill leo. Once Shades possession ended it counted as Leo "dying" and it still resurrected another hero.

When Shade left Leo's body and Leo "died again", did it rez someone on your team, or the enemy team?

Oh I need to test this now! It was the enemy Leo. I am curious how this would work however.
  • edited May 18
    I had a similar oddity the other day where the enemy shade possessed my viperia and because I had lily on my team she killed my emily. So it seems that even when shade possesses an enemy hero that hero is still on the enemy's team when receiving passive buffs and in this case a leo ressurection.
  • Can my shade possess an enemy shade?

Can my shade possess an enemy shade if that shade is already possessing someone? (I won't even ask if its Leo.)

My head hurts.
  • shade cant possess shade
  • Imagine if Shade possessed another Shade, who then possessed another enemy... You'd have to kill that enemy, then the first shade, and THEN you get to fight the real shade.