Where is Hopper's Heart-Shaped Fur Patch!?

JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
Can I ask where the little heart-shaped spot on Hopper's belly is? It's honestly super adorable to see on her hero portrait, but why isn't it on her model? I don't want to sound rude, this is a legitimate question - Was it just too hard to texture it on? I get that on attack, her mouth takes up her whole front, so maybe that was the issue? She just sorta looks bland in actual dungeons, especially compared to her picture. I get that heroes aren't supposed to look as realistic or badass as they do in their portraits, but was it really such a difficult task that this one important (or at least I think so) detail had to be left out?
Level: 70
Favorite hero: Indigo
Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
Tagged:

Comments

• danacdanac Member
    She got a dye job.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    danac wrote: »
    She got a dye job.

But she's a hero! Heroes never dye!

...or maybe I'm hearing something wrong...
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • It'll be her epic.
  • Rolla8Rolla8 Member
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    It'll be her epic.

I actually have it on good authority that her epic will be a 'Paul Wall Style Grill'.
    Rolla8
    Joel wrote: »
    Good observation, and there's an interesting story behind her heartless appearance. Hopper's portrait art was drawn before her model was made, and her heart-shaped spot was initially part of her design. However, when we modeled and started animating her, we found that there was no way to make the spot look good when she opened her mouth, and found it somewhat distracting from her other features. Ultimately, we felt it was best to remove the heart from her model, but we enjoyed the concept and kept it on her portrait art. :heartbreak:

Ah... darn. Well at least that's an explanation.
  • There are alto of heroes that have different eye colors compared to their model squinch and rogar are prime examples. both have orange eyes. whilst their portrait portray squinch with blue eyes and rogar with green.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    THREy neVeR LOvED PEAShY!!!
    y0uLL Ju5T hAVe TO J01n tHe r3ST Of thEm IF you oPPosE PEASHY!!!!
    EHAAAA~HA~HHA~HA~HAA~HA~HA~ha~hA~ha~Hha~ha~ha~HA~Ha~!!!!!!!!!!
    There are alto of heroes that have different eye colors compared to their model squinch and rogar are prime examples. both have orange eyes. whilst their portrait portray squinch with blue eyes and rogar with green.

Valkin bugs me the most honestly. He's almost entirely different from the picture to how he looks.

...He's also riding a bear in his picture. Totally a missed oppurtinity.
  • Ududu2Ududu2 Member
    edited May 17
    There are alto of heroes that have different eye colors compared to their model squinch and rogar are prime examples. both have orange eyes. whilst their portrait portray squinch with blue eyes and rogar with green.

Valkin bugs me the most honestly. He's almost entirely different from the picture to how he looks.

A bear? I've heard people say he was riding a horse his picture ingame looks like one but his full picture here does indeed look like a bear, interesting.
    edited May 18
    Filthygoon wrote: »

A bear? I've heard people say he was riding a horse his picture looks like one but his full picture here does indeed look like a bear, interesting.

bzr8154amp3n.png

Ya know, now that I really look at it, I don't know what that is. It's neck seems too flat and short to be a horse, and it's ears are rounded like a bear's, but the armor on its head resembles a horse's armor, but it also looks a bit like a polar bear...

I think the determining factor is that we can't see how long it's legs are. Maybe he's riding a type of boar as a reference to the Hobbit.
  • @JackHallow666 maybe its a future monster hero ( cue inception music)
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
    @JackHallow666 maybe its a future monster hero ( cue inception music)

Or a Beast... Like, a Water element hero who isn't a Dwarf but would have synergy with Dwarves and Valkin especially... That would be neat.
  • @JackHallow666 a pure water beast that syncs with beasts and dwarves would be awesome. omg I just remembered the white wolves Valkin summons with his first ability. I want one as a hero now.
    THEy NeVer LoVed ME!!!
  • HaxusBloodbaneHaxusBloodbane Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Filthygoon wrote: »

A bear? I've heard people say he was riding a horse his picture looks like one but his full picture here does indeed look like a bear, interesting.

bzr8154amp3n.png

Ya know, now that I really look at it, I don't know what that is. It's neck seems too flat and short to be a horse, and it's ears are rounded like a bear's, but the armor on its head resembles a horse's armor, but it also looks a bit like a polar bear...

I think the determining factor is that we can't see how long it's legs are. Maybe he's riding a type of boar as a reference to the Hobbit.

Ice bear fights with Valkin.
    Wants Control over a Legion of Spiders
    In game Level: 70
    Shared hero: Archangel Emily (Lvl 70), Epic level 12
    Lord of the Fries of The Potato Army Random Mook in Tater Squad Nameless Grunt in Tater Tots
    I'm on Twitter regularly