Lich Loop Ended?

It seems to be topping out at 20 and not counting kills of regenerated enemies.

Anyone else having this issue?
Tagged:

Comments

• echonapechonap Member
    What are you looping for? The 100 non armored enemies? Maybe they finally patched this exploit to stop the infinite repeatables?
  • danacdanac Member
    is it an exploit?
    What is an exploit exactly?

Many many games have had respawning monsters that you can farm for experience/etc.

Anybody who makes games like these who doesn't understand/expect respawners to be used this way quite frankly has no business making games.

The mistake wasn't in the respawners, it wasn't even in having no soft cap on the quest, it was in making the repeatable quest infinite.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    This change was intentional, but I dropped the ball on not getting a post out about it. The change does not put a hard limit on the amount of progress that can be achieved for any given kill quest in a single dungeon, but puts a specification on which enemies count towards those quests. Specifically, enemies that are not spawned when you first walk into a room are not counted towards kill quests. This means that repeatable spawning enemies will only count the first time they are killed.

This change was made partially to prevent excessive completions of repeatable quests and because we became aware of an exploit that is rendered irrelevant by this fix. To be clear, we do not consider the farming of spawning enemies to be an exploit, but at the same time, we have seen multiple instances where such loopholes were abused. We take responsibility for loopholes, and nobody who used them will be warned or punished in any way, but we stand by the decision to close those loopholes.

Again, I apologize for not getting this information out sooner. I am making a conscious effort to get back in the habit of posting patch notes along with events and other announcements, as you will see in today's event post.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Joel wrote: »
    This change was intentional, but I dropped the ball on not getting a post out about it. The change does not put a hard limit on the amount of progress that can be achieved for any given kill quest in a single dungeon, but puts a specification on which enemies count towards those quests. Specifically, enemies that are not spawned when you first walk into a room are not counted towards kill quests. This means that repeatable spawning enemies will only count the first time they are killed.

This change was made partially to prevent excessive completions of repeatable quests and because we became aware of an exploit that is rendered irrelevant by this fix. To be clear, we do not consider the farming of spawning enemies to be an exploit, but at the same time, we have seen multiple instances where such loopholes were abused. We take responsibility for loopholes, and nobody who used them will be warned or punished in any way, but we stand by the decision to close those loopholes.

Again, I apologize for not getting this information out sooner. I am making a conscious effort to get back in the habit of posting patch notes along with events and other announcements, as you will see in today's event post.

And here we thought you guys were being super generous with aether (Augustus quest) and totems (Chill quest). lol
  • echonapechonap Member
    The purge and chill quests would still work because they aren't kill quests.
  • echonap wrote: »
    The purge and chill quests would still work because they aren't kill quests.

Ah, you might be right. Guess we'll find out the next time we get one of those quests.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Status-inducing quests are not impacted by this change.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    Joel wrote: »
    Status-inducing quests are not impacted by this change.

Now you've fixed that loophole, how about fixing the issue that heroes with epics don't do status inducing effects with their basic attack? e.g. Stone Fist never chills on a melee attack once he has his epic.