I think we did a pretty thorough job of communicating how demoralizing this last guild games was, but lets use this thread to post feedback for what we have seen in the past, liked, and would like to see again. Also post suggestions for fun things that DB can adopt if they are feasible and agree.
- The new leader board makes guild games more fun for me, internal competition with people that I’m talking to is fun and spurs us all on to contribute more.
- Scavenger hunts are fun, I honestly don’t think they could be too long. They reward guilds who are organized and work together.
- Repeatable quests are also great, especially when they allow me to think about how efficient I can possibly be to spend resources to earn the most points that I can.
- This was for me by far the most fun event you have ever created.
- I liked that I always felt like there was something to do. Pumpkins made running normal event dungeons exciting, with cool surprises.
- The advent calendar was fun
General Suggestions/ Fun new mechanics:
- I liked the long quest lines ending in a skin or summons
- I like events with a ton of quests at once so I can try to figure out how to do many at a time
I think that special objects in the dungeons are fun, probably the right amount of rewards would be somewhere between the pumpkins and the Winterfest packages.
The PVP was fine this games, but I got very bored and I know lots of people earned more than I did but 155K guild points was a ROUGH grind for me. This would have been alleviated by being able to unlock the Jerry dungeon with a PVE mechanic (one that is as repeatable as PVP, so calling friends I would deem finite even though you can spend gems to refresh friend summons).
Repeating something more than 10 times without a break or variation is when an event becomes a chore. There was simply no better way to earn guild points than to escort Jerry, which means PVP, almost exclusively. (At some point in the games spend some time quick looting away all your stamina, and refresh the pvp like crazy to spend gold, but then back to PVP exclusively). The point of keeping a game entertaining is to mix it up. Make all aspects of the game equally rewarding to people who enjoy both can do both, but people who prefer PVE can do PVE and those who want to do PVP can do that.
Jerry was fun once, but is now getting old. He needs to be retired or revamped. I think if he could earn XP, maybe he could give bonuses based on his level? I understand having a choice between helping yourself or the guild, this keeps more aggressive players in less aggressive guilds from feeling frustrated. Perhaps it would be more fun to simply unlock an event banner where you can choose different chests (materials, tokens, or guild points).
This one is maybe out there but I would enjoy it: what about guild wide quests? A guild wide 50 quest chain, where each person can do ONE of the legs. You can see what the next thing to do is, you can call dibs somehow in the game, then do it. This would really make a guild work together. The ‘dibs’ mechanic would prevent frustration from multiple people trying to do the same thing at once and blocking each other. A random assignment could also work, but would be frustrating for global guilds due to time differences and the associated delays.
Hopefully you find this post both helpful and new, as there is a lot of feedback already to read. Thanks for your time in considering mine.