King Valkin - To War not changed after Steel Sharpens Steel

Made it to the boss level, all three of Valkin's special attacks were available. Valkin used Steel Sharpens Steel, Hagrim used Dwarven Fury, Rogar and Dagrund used normal attacks.

Back to Valkin and To War is still stuck at Artillery.
t9q79pdv1lpq.png
Tagged:

Comments

• That's weird, seems like it should have been modified.

I know sometimes if your "To War" ability is not ready yet and you use his 2nd or 3rd ability, then To War doesn't change, but you said all your abilities were ready. You sure "To War" wasn't ready on Valkin's next turn?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I'm seeing this work properly in my game, has anyone else encountered this problem?
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • I've seen this happen when Dagrund uses Dwarven Smack Down, since that counts as an attack from Valkin. But OP says he used a normal attack.
  • misawamisawa Member
    Auto ran the dungeon to that level, so I'm sure it was ready. Will see if I can replicate.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 10
    Huh... Dwarven Smackdown changes it too? That makes sense. I never encountered that being an issue but I can see how that could mess up some strategies. Interesting.

Off topic question; Can you spam Valkin To War!'s in a row using energy potions and keep its current effect? Or does simply using To War! change it back to Artillery?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • misawamisawa Member
    I've seen this happen when Dagrund uses Dwarven Smack Down, since that counts as an attack from Valkin. But OP says he used a normal attack.
    I stand corrected. This is exactly what happened. Dagrund used Smack Down, Valkin jumped in, resets To War - Artillery every single time.

Intended?
  • oredithoredith Member
    Huh... Dwarven Smackdown changes it too? That makes sense. I never encountered that being an issue but I can see how that could mess up some strategies. Interesting.

Off topic question; Can you spam Valkin To War!'s in a row using energy potions and keep its current effect? Or does simply using To War! change it back to Artillery?
    you have to use the pre-requisite ability every single time, so you can't use to-war back to back no matter what.

however, if you time it right, you can use to-war, get haste, and use SSS for 2nd ability, and to-war would be available again the next time around, assuming you have the energy for it.

i've been able to use it "back to back" before when i run with indigo

soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • Mati01Mati01 Member
    Are you sure you didnt used Dagrunds secobd ability? It would make Valkin basic attack reseting his to war to artillery (revenge from kais second also makes him reset)