Why not do a simple fix?

My streaks are continually ended by a crash right after I press the button to start the battle. Why can't a simple fix be made to detect that I pressed the button (which is recorded) but the game crashed before the defense made a single move. Why can't you change the software so that it records the battle button being pressed and then record that the fight actually started. If the fight did not start, why end the streak. I can only assume that this is not fixed because of apathy. I would complain to support but they would only say you entered this complaint before and were given some pathetic compensation. Please fix it or get rid of streaks. The battle log shows this condition but you continue to ignore all the complaints. The fix seems more cost effective than the cost of support responding to the complaints.

5w9hxf5wywik.png

Tagged:

Comments

• oredithoredith Member
    i'm curious to know how much of this is tied into limited manpower.

does anyone actually know how many full time programmers are working on DB? and of those, how many are tasked to polishing/maintenance of the existing software, vs. writing new software for new features?

I have several friends who used to work for blizzard working on WoW and Diablo, who now work for smaller independent titles, and they often express that while they love the smaller studios and their ability to be more creative without huge oversight, they also reminisce about the relatively huge manpower blizzard had to tackle problems.

I wonder if this is more an issue of not having the resources to tackle the problem, rather than the reluctance to tackle the problem.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I think they look at the problem as fixing what causes all the crashes. I am sure that is a bigger problem and requires a lot of resources to isolate. All I ask is that the minimize the damage from the crashes. In all cases except this, I can live with the crashes.
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    The battle log shows this condition but you continue to ignore all the complaints. The fix seems more cost effective than the cost of support responding to the complaints.

But is it?
    Maybe they employ undocumented labor or interns for customer service, so that it's free for them.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    still not fixed.

mh1083kh37o7.png
  • bvs72 wrote: »
    still not fixed.

mh1083kh37o7.png

BVS how am I suppose to catch you without these errors. I think it's AoA favoritism from the devs to allow me to pass you this season.
  • echonapechonap Member
    Personally, I think Theresial and GrayWolf63's defense just kicked your derriere and you made this thread to cover your shame
    The Empire is recruiting.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited July 11
    There may not be a simple fix.

This doesn't appear to be a widespread problem, or there'd be more people complaining. There may be something about your device or connection that causes this, that is beyond BF's control, at least in terms of the crash. If the log shows there was a problem though, they ought to be able to design a work around to delete that battle and return your streak, but I'm guessing it's not a priority since it seems to affect only a handful of players.
  • itirnitiiitirnitii Member
    edited July 11
    The perplexing part of this is the fact that this is causing players real money and it still has persisted this long. You have to spend more gems to earn the same reward due to crashes breaking streaks. People paid for these gems much of the time, and that money is being snatched away. Usually problems that affect players spent purchases get top priority.

If you can't fix the memory leak problem causing the crash, fix how and when the game records a loss.
  • rpger001rpger001 Member
    Barleyman wrote: »
    There may not be a simple fix.

This doesn't appear to be a widespread problem, or there'd be more people complaining. There may be something about your device or connection that causes this, that is beyond BF's control, at least in terms of the crash. If the log shows there was a problem though, they ought to be able to design a work around to delete that battle and return your streak, but I'm guessing it's not a priority since it seems to affect only a handful of players.

It happens to me and in fact, just today it ended a small streak I was on. It used to be way worse. Now most of the crashes do not end in a defeat, just a continuation of the match but if it crashes immediately, you can pick up the loss.
    Teal125
  • danacdanac Member
    edited July 11
    rpger001 wrote: »
    Now most of the crashes do not end in a defeat, just a continuation of the match but if it crashes immediately, you can pick up the loss.

This might be the real problem.

My game crashes a lot, even during PVP, but it continues the vast majority of the time.

Isolating what causes the game not to continue vs the normal state of continuing might be the difficult part.

edit: If it's of any help at all, when I'm *in* the fight and it crashes, it continues. the 2-3 times it hasn't, iirc, have been when I've hit the attack button on the scout screen and it crashes while loading.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    This is indeed not a simple fix, but we're continuing to look into the matter, we understand that it is very frustrating. :(
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    7ocdw9ml4u8j.jpg
  • DrixkDrixk Member
    It's been less common for me this tournament. Lost a 34 and a 51streak to it. iPhone 5s. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app multiple times. Never crashes on my Shield k1 or desktop emulator.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I agree with @Joel that getting rid of the crashes is not s simple fix. I can live with the crashes as long as they don't end a streak. It seems like a much easier job to detect that the crash occurred and the PvP battle did not begin. Thus keeping the streak alive.
  • Evil_SpiritsEvil_Spirits Unconfirmed, Member
    Odd I haven't had a single crash. Sometimes it hangs while.loading but flipping wifi and switching back to db fixes it.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Still not fixed. Thank god I can stop tonight and not waste anymore gems on this game. Why don't you want my money?

ngwrkhizi0pd.png
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    Oh, but @bvs72 at least they've added a totally new way to break your streak and fail to let you raid. Did you die by the spinning blue ball of doom, or by the old, passé, think I'll crash randomly out of memory issue?
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    Still not fixed. Thank god I can stop tonight and not waste anymore gems on this game. Why don't you want my money?

Happened to me yesterday.
    Blue Spinning Ball of Eternal Hanging happened this weekend.

and, bvs, *I* want your money.