New Auto run pause the battle time?

Until yesterday if I am auto running a dungeon it would stop only when a hero died (I think).

Twice recently, yesterday and just now, I've had the auto run stop before someone died, but when a hero was on low health, maybe around 10%.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Is this a new and helpful twist, so you can pop a quick potion or heal, or is this how it's always worked, but getting that ~10% stop is not 100% reliable?

Or did I somehow stop the battle unintentionally without being aware of it?
Tagged:

Comments

• HompipahHompipah Member
    It always like that.
    Jr. Complainer @ Society of Bosses
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Actually, @Barleyman is correct. Something seems to have gone wrong with the autobattle deactivation trigger, we're fixing it.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Yes I would have said it's always been this way.
  • oredithoredith Member
    Joel wrote: »
    Actually, @Barleyman is correct. Something seems to have gone wrong with the autobattle deactivation trigger, we're fixing it.
    honestly, i kinda prefer this one, gives me a chance to save the nearly dead hero with a HP potion.

i can see why you guys would prefer it stop on a dead hero on your end though. rez potions cost gems.. :P
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • NobodyPiNobodyPi Member
    I've had this happen before.
  • oredithoredith Member
    NobodyPi wrote: »
    I've had this happen before.
    just had it happen in pestilence spire. everyone was well above 50%..

so. some weird inconsistencies going on.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    For what it's worth, when you deactivate the autobattle mode it would be great if you deactivate the autobattle button for like a second or two.

The reason I say this is that often I'll look over and realize that my health is getting low. And I go to hit the button to turn it off. The problem is that you guys are ALSO recognizing low health and turning off auto play at the same time and so me turning it off is actually toggling it back on and play continues and my guys die, etc.
  • oredithoredith Member
    auto pausing on final loot too. not sure if annoyed or indifferent about that.
  • Joel wrote: »

If you're adjusting autobattle can you give us a setting that says "never stop auto"? In the rare cases where I lose a hero I'm just pressing auto again. If somehow I've lost too many then I'm quitting. So I'd really just prefer it goes until either I win or fully lose.
    centralcommand
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I agree with @CentralCommand. A lot of time I am dragging a dead hero along when trying to get Epic parts.
  • farfellafarfella Member
    Pressing a button is hard.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • farfella wrote: »
    Pressing a button is hard.

It is when you are paying almost zero attention to it because you're also doing work or watching a show/movie. I would be thrilled if they added a button that autoran the same level repeatedly until I told it to stop. But I'll settle for a reduced number of interruptions. Since each interruption adds like 5-10 minutes before I realize it stopped early.
    centralcommand
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    @farfella, Pressing a button is easy. Watching the autorun of the same dungeon over and over again to see when to press the button is hard on my brain. After you see the Wizard of Oz, you will understand.
  • echonapechonap Member
    It would be great if autorun also autoclicked sparklies too. Maybe that's asking for too much though.
    The Empire is recruiting.
  • farfellafarfella Member
    @echonap you... YOU MONSTER!
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
    Autoclicking sparkles defeats the purpose of sparkles.
  • oredithoredith Member
    Autoclicking sparkles defeats the purpose of sparkles.
    kinda depends on your interpretation of the purpose of the sparkles?

half of the time, i think they're there to piss you off as they hide behind either your own guy, or the enemy mobs.
  • What I'd really like is a button to re-run the dungeon with exactly the same team without having to go through all the extra clicking. It can take 4 clicks, each with its corresponding delay, before you re-enter the dungeon. If I'm going to re-run the dungeon (which I likely will fifty to a hundred times in a day if it's a Boss Island Totem dungeon), it's a 99% chance I'm using the same team. If I really need to change the team I'll use the home button and start from scratch.

So there is a glitch. I'd be happy to stop at 25% health, but losing one hero doesn't usually cost me the dungeon, it's when two or more fall in the same room before the autorun stops.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    It's always been like that as far as I remember, and I hope if it was a bug that it doesn't get fixed. I can understand how it might annoy one or two people, but a lot of lower-level players (I was one too, believe it or not!) probably reall appreciate the auto-run button saving their heroes' lives.

Now what I do want is an auto-run button in PvP. Or maybe a button that just speeds up animations but doesn't make your heroes automatically attack??
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
    It's always been like that as far as I remember, and I hope if it was a bug that it doesn't get fixed. I can understand how it might annoy one or two people, but a lot of lower-level players (I was one too, believe it or not!) probably reall appreciate the auto-run button saving their heroes' lives.

Now what I do want is an auto-run button in PvP. Or maybe a button that just speeds up animations but doesn't make your heroes automatically attack??

PLEASE!! All the times it's Emily vs the snakes and I have to sit through 20 million of my own epic attacks :P
  • danacdanac Member
    I want a button that autoplays for me. It'll looks at the quests, choose teams, run dailies, do PVP.*

*It'll probably be better than it than I am.**

** on second thought, I've seen the game's AI on defense.
    edited July 15
    Fire Mend as an attack. Yeah, enough said.
    FatCat69 wrote: »

I like Ember's feature where she can use abilities on both friend and foe, but honestly most of the time it's totally useless to waste it on an enemy.
    FatCat69 wrote: »

I like Ember's feature where she can use abilities on both friend and foe, but honestly most of the time it's totally useless to waste it on an enemy.

Yeah, Cauterize can be OK because it burns, but she's there as a healer. Maybe if she had more attack and was also a caster, she could be better.
  • danacdanac Member
    Her third special, the hit three times, isn't bad offensively. There are times I use it that way when everybody's fully healed.
    edited July 16
    I think Ember could use the following changes:

- Become a Caster
    - Lose the Fast tag
    - Higher Atk stat
    - Mystical Passives (comes with being a Caster, I guess)
    - Fire Mend ups ally Attack whether it's targeted on them or not
    - Cauterize removes Chilled/Frozen/Frostbitten
    - Perpetual Flame should have its own animation around allies for the damage reflection, like a circle of flames, since Lilly has her own animation for the damage reflection she gives allies.
    - Perpetual Flame could give 1 energy to Ember for each attack when attacking a Burning enemy to make it more viable to use on enemies.

- Become a Caster
    - Lose the Fast tag
    - Higher Atk stat
    - Perpetual Flame should have its own animation around allies for the damage reflection, like a circle of flames, since Lilly has her own animation for the damage reflection she gives allies.
    - Perpetual Flame could give 1 energy to Ember for each attack when attacking a Burning enemy to make it more viable to use on enemies.

That would be great! People would definitely complain about losing fast tag, though. It would completely change her use from being primarily just for the ATK buff. I think she should also be magical, because, uh, she's magical.

- Become a Caster
    - Lose the Fast tag
    - Higher Atk stat

That would be great! People would definitely complain about losing fast tag, though. It would completely change her use from being primarily just for the ATK buff. I think she should also be magical, because, uh, she's magical.

Right. I was thinking of how to balance her without removing the Fast tag but there was just no way. I don't even know why she's Fast, if she's like a clone of Yasmin it makes no sense. Like in Rocky and Lupina's case, they're Fast just to be balanced. Thing is, Ember needs a buff to her abilities but having that AND being Fast would be too much.

Also I hate "stat stick" heroes and heroes that are just there to buff others like Ember currently is now, and think they should be useful in their own way, besides just being there. I think these changes would help and after a week or two the complaints would be gone.

- Become a Caster
    - Lose the Fast tag
    - Higher Atk stat

Right. I was thinking of how to balance her without removing the Fast tag but there was just no way. I don't even know why she's Fast, if she's like a clone of Yasmin it makes no sense. Like in Rocky and Lupina's case, they're Fast just to be balanced. Thing is, Ember needs a buff to her abilities but having that AND being Fast would be too much.

Also I hate "stat stick" heroes and heroes that are just there to buff others like Ember currently is now, and think they should be useful in their own way, besides just being there. I think these changes would help and after a week or two the complaints would be gone.

I agree, I think the changes are smart and will make Ember better. This is getting really off-topic, but I think a good way to buff many heroes is to add a "Savage" tag (or something like that). It would include heroes like Ember, Balog, Abigail, Tsume, Jabber, Mangle Jaw and possibly other "savage" heroes that I can't think of off the top of my head. My idea is that each of them would apply a team buff and an enemy team debuff on every crit (set for each hero, but all different). Also, there could be a rival group of "non-savage heroes": Takumi, Hansuke, OE, Augustus, BD, Sifu, Kreel, etc. I don't know what they would do, but making a very general tag or two that give many heroes more synergies could give a nice buff to many heroes at once and possibly create more teams.
    Ember does her job. She heals everyone moderately after the first fast attacker sprays your team with his Death Blossom and buffs ATK. Why are you wanting to take that from her.

Besides. I spent aether to star her up and a TON of celestials to get her ascended. She better be a fast healer after all of that.