The Guild Games Have Started! (8/3-8/6) [Update 4]

Comments

• echonapechonap Member
    Hi everyone

Excuse me but which spell is "acid spit" ?

It is Cobressa's first move.
  • echonap wrote: »
    Hi everyone

It is Cobressa's first move.

Doesn't have to be Cobressa anyway. Torchy signature skill and epic attack count too. Ferno works too. Mangle jaw signature skill counts too.
    Frost breath, purging pyre and other attacks coming from the mouth might work too (haven't tested).
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited August 4
    ================================
    Guild Games 08/03/17 - Scavenger Hunt - Day 1
    ================================
    1) Kill beasts with female heroes
    2) Collect yellow evos
    3) Mouth attacks - Cobressa's Acid, Torchy, Ferno, Mangle Jaw, etc...
    4) Kill enemies with warrior heroes
    Post edited by sirolk99 on
  • DrocasDrocas Member
    Hi everyone

None, use hero skills that come from the mouth :)
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • echonap wrote: »
    My opinion so far:
    I love the leaderboard. Live tracking of GG progress really provides extra motivation and brings out the competitiveness.
    I love the inability to hold back quests. It sucked to have to hold back 1000 quests to artificially deflate your score, then cash it all in at once and "surprise" the other guilds. Like anybody is falling for that one again.
    I love the jewels and essences from the event dungeon. Even if no GG, I'd be grinding this dungeon hard.
    I love the weighing of the points. It gives all guilds a chance to make the minimum rewards easily by just completing the main quests. It also makes quickloot ineffective, so if you want to win, you have to grind for it.

I like the short scavenger hunt. Not too easy, not too difficult.
    I like the difficulty of the event dungeon. It's challenging enough that it cannot be autorun with any old beast team, but it can still be done pretty quickly with good runes and team synergies.

I don't like the amount of grinding it will take to win. Don't know what can ever be done about this though.
    I don't like that you have to take time away from grinding to see where your guild is on the leaderboard, and where you are in the guild. It would be nice to be able to access this information outside of the game.

Also, can you imagine the folks who are grinding for top 100 as well? That's a lot of hours to be put in to be competitive in both this GG and PvP.
  • ZilkoZilko Member
    gradders wrote: »
    4 is just use warriors

How is gum related to Warriors? I don't get it.

I think this is a reference to the line in the 1988 movie They Live where the character says
    "I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ****, and I'm all outta bubble gum."
    Seems like a reference to it made its way into Duke Nuke'm as well.
  • Zilko wrote: »
    gradders wrote: »
    4 is just use warriors

How is gum related to Warriors? I don't get it.

I think this is a reference to the line in the 1988 movie They Live where the character says
    "I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ****, and I'm all outta bubble gum."
    Seems like a reference to it made its way into Duke Nuke'm as well.
    @Zilko I'm vaguely familiar with the quote, though i haven't seen They Live. Are the characters warriors in the movie? How are chewing gum and warriors related?
  • No it doesn't.
  • any clue for me **** how to handle "play time is over" complete dungeon with all warriors??????? help
  • sirolk99sirolk99 Member
    edited August 4
    Go to Normal mode, early chapters (5-10), select 4 warrior heroes and just slaughter everything til you complete the quest.
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    No it doesn't.

Sorry if you suck at pvp
  • Thought most people were burned out on pvp in guild games per previous complaints...
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    edited August 4
    sirolk99 wrote: »
    Thought most people were burned out on pvp in guild games per previous complaints...

Yes they were. So now people will complain about being burned out with PVE. So I don't get why you think having both is a bad option.
  • You don´t like the PvE-only event - don´t play it. I did not play the stupid PvP-only event last week.

No PvP is the only good thing about this GG. The quests are completed to fast and having to run one dungeon over and over is exactly the same fun as the PvP-Nonsense :'(
  • NoArmsNoArms Member
    Really struggling with the March of the Toy Soldiers event dungeon, attempted it 10 or so times, made it to the boss a couple of times with 3 heroes left but just get rolled over. That's before even trying the more limited challenges for it...

Any tips on teams / synergies?

• Same here, can get to the boss but run out of revives and get slaughtered. :/
  • I did furnace bauble ponti mk. No problem.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Got MK ready for battle, just got furnace little bit ago but haven't done anything with him yet. No ponti or bauble. :(

Any suggestion for lower level players and/or those of us who don't have all the VIP/OP heroes?
  • Nevermind, on to try my luck with the new Dungeon for today...
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Anyone know what "Love the smell of napalm in the morning" means? I tried using heroes with explosive/bomb moves (Therand/Bauble/Julius/Furnace), really bummed that wasn't the answer. Any ideas?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • NoArmsNoArms Member
    I didn't notice but is there anything in-game in the event description that mentions the daily nature of these quests? Or is it just a nice surprise after day one for peeps that don't visit the forum regularly? :|
  • FluCityFluCity Member
    Set enemies on fire in forest dungeons
  • FluCityFluCity Member
    Anyone know what say hello to my little friend is?
  • Yes.
    Also, go gorgons!
    farfella wrote: »
    Yes.

vosdshclk01n.png
    Maybe you have to use a friend... who's champion is a dwarf?
  • Torchy
  • farfella wrote: »
    Yes.

vosdshclk01n.png

I refuse to give valuable information to the enemy for free. Meet me at the trade portal and we'll see...
    Also, go gorgons!