Did someone tell Big Fish that previous event dungeons were easy?

The difficulty is absurd. Not everyone has legendary runes lying around to beat this. Previous event dungeons were betable by almost everyone, but this......This is an nightmare.

Comments

• I like it. Separates the boys from the men.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • MonkeyHunterMonkeyHunter Member
    edited August 4
    farfella wrote: »
    I like it. Separates the boys from the men.

Separates the chicks from the chickens, the calves from the cows, piglets from the sows, colts from the stallions, larvae from the queens, foals from the jennys, fawns from the does, kits from the jills, kids from the nannys.
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    danac wrote: »
    bvs72 wrote: »
    I will make a suggestion to the devs. I don't think the current approach works. To make it fair to non-bot players, may I suggest that you make the PVE awards for the GG dependent on the number of sparklies found in dungeons. That forces autorun players to actually watch. Of course, the cheaters will program their bots to push at a lot of random locations during the runs. To combat that, make it such that they collect an object that is not sparkling, they lose guild points. This has the advantage that users do not have to rerun the same dungeon over and over. They may like to collect totems or hero tokens. Also, to make the GG interesting, make the awards for the sparklies interesting. You know, like those found in pumpkins.

while this sounds like a good idea, to make gg interesting, maybe they shouldn't have it so you have to run the same dungeon hundreds of times.

Well, that's just it. The people who spend the time and energy to run the same dungeon thousands of times get the most guild points. It just makes sense. Everyone's complaining about how tedious and boring that is, and that's the point. You do boring, tedious stuff that you don't want to do, so you get better rewards for doing what nobody else does. It's... it's actually just like actual work. In real life.

Yeesh, that got depressing.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • "So I hear you are looking for a second job? Tell me, have you heard of the game Dungeon Boss?" >:)
  • I think the current system is a reward for attendance as much as patience. It favors people who don't have outside life commitments.

Which is better for both players and the game, to reward mindless repetition or to cap the points or some hybrid of both?

Idunno.
  • echonap wrote: »
    My idea for a guild games is creating a very difficult dungeon that rewards one point for each unique hero that you clear it with. So the most any person can earn is 75 points (or however many heroes there are currently). The guild with the most points wins. There is the strong possibility of ties, but any guild with 50 people that can all clear it with every hero deserves the prize. Then it isn't a huge time sink, resource sink, or p2w war.

@echonap I love you ❤️
    echonap wrote: »
    My idea for a guild games is creating a very difficult dungeon that rewards one point for each unique hero that you clear it with. So the most any person can earn is 75 points (or however many heroes there are currently). The guild with the most points wins. There is the strong possibility of ties, but any guild with 50 people that can all clear it with every hero deserves the prize. Then it isn't a huge time sink, resource sink, or p2w war.

Interesting idea. I also don't think it would cause as many complaints about Pay-to-Win as it sounds like it would, since even F2P's have access to most of the heroes at this point, and you'd only have to have them unlocked. Even if they're weak, just carry them through with stronger heroes.

It would also be somewhat of a challenge, having to eventually bring Sifu or Abigail or Selwyn through. If that hero has to live the whole dungeon to grant a point, THAT would be something! A very challenging, but fair idea. I hope the devs consider that.
  • I prefer the idea of a mixed PVE and PVP guild games.

Our complaints earlier of an all PVP guild games wasn't that we really really wanted ALL PVE, but rather that we wanted a mix of the two.

Other than that, still enjoying the guild games. Lots of shiny mats.
  • I actually think that even if we capped the points, we wouldnt have multiple winners.
    What if we capped the repeatable at say 50 times. We know some folks will grind out that day to get all 50, and also that some will fall short. I would almost certainly guarantee, with the established difficulty this time around, there would me one single winner, as some players will give up the grind after a couple hours.
    So yes, +1 to removing infinite guild points

In addition to this - and this is a big one for a LOT of players - we could still have the:
    "Got my 50 runs in, now I can get back to PvP"
    I've been forced to neglect PvP in favor of 6 hours of auto-running these stupid dungeons, followed by another hour and a half of quick looting before bed.
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • The difficulty is absurd. Not everyone has legendary runes lying around to beat this. Previous event dungeons were beatable by almost everyone, but this......This is an nightmare.

Absurd? Surely not.

I'm by no means a top player, but I've had no problem running the dungeon with several different teams to complete the quests. Yes, you need to have a good choice of FA heroes with good runes, Greater or Superior, preferably Heroic or Legendary.

Should every player be able to complete every event quest? Of course not. I spent more than a year playing this game and not being able to complete the events. It's been a long hard grind. I'm finally reaping the rewards for all that dedication to playing this game.
  • Agreed. The difficulty is necessary to allow differentiation.

Some will be able to auto it, others will be able to auto most of it, others will need to manually play, and still others won't be able to survive it at all.
  • FatCat69 wrote: »
    Agreed. The difficulty is necessary to allow differentiation.

Some will be able to auto it, others will be able to auto most of it, others will need to manually play, and still others won't be able to survive it at all.

Now that I've done all the quests all I have left I can do to help my guild is to auto this with Yasmin, Astrid, Augustus and Nub-Nub. All the epics are maxed (Astrid doesn't have one yet).
    I love the title of this thread. It's funny because basically every event for the last couple dozen events that have had dungeons, has caused people on the forums to talk about how easy the dungeons were and how there was no challenge. So yes, in short someone definitely did tell them.
  • danacdanac Member
    I love the title of this thread. It's funny because basically every event for the last couple dozen events that have had dungeons, has caused people on the forums to talk about how easy the dungeons were and how there was no challenge. So yes, in short someone definitely did tell them.

short people should leave well enough alone
    danac wrote: »

short people should leave well enough alone

I fought the grammar law, but the grammar law won.
  • edited August 7
    echonap wrote: »

Nice, that could work. I've also been suggesting something like gears of war's horde mode adapted to db. It's infinite but it gets harder every time you complete it. Go as far as you can.

Another would be a race. But not first to finish (since that isn't fair to people in timezones far away from CST). Rather lowest time ever attained over a period. So maybe everyone gets a finite number of tries that count over a day. Your lowest time for completion is your score. Guild with the lowest total time wins.

I agree we need to shake this up as limitless grinding isn't really fun. But capping it is such a cop out and will just ruin the competition. Would like to see a more creative solutions that involves requires more strategy and less time but still has no ties.
    centralcommand
  • danacdanac Member
    These are all very good suggestions that would require programming abilities that we have thus far not seen from Big Fish.