Campaign dungeons do not drop runes anymore

Hi all,
Some of the early campaign dungeons stopped offering runes as a drop reward and I am not sure whether there is a way to restore it or is it some kind of permanent state (intended or a bug). I attach some screenshots - there is no rune icon in the dungeon drop description, while there should be attack runes.

Anybody has an explanation to this ? - if this is a known game feature I would be most interested in how to restore a dungeon's ability to drop a rune (if possible) and how to avoid dungeons from loosing rune drop ability.

Thanks for advices

nry8iio9u52j.png

sl1ph1ohvrfy.png

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 8
    It's the way it's supposed to be. Bill said so. Runes were never intended to drop in the campaign anyways, only from the Trade portal.

Oh, and can't forget the aether shop! 800 aether for a lesser Rune!
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Indigo
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
    To be honest though, I have no idea what's going on.
    Currently: Trying to get as many runes done as possible. Takes a lot of money, man!
  • echonapechonap Member
    Is your rune inventory full? Go to the crafting menu and salvage some of your un-needed runes.
    The Empire is recruiting.
  • syreksyrek Member
    My inventory is near to empty as runes are concerned.
    Those dungeons previously had a chance to drop runes (if rune chest popped at the end), but after some farming the rune icon dissapeared.
  • VictoriaVictoria Member, Administrator, Moderator, Big Fish
    edited August 8
    @syrek I moved this to the bugs section. We're looking into it. Can you PM Me your in-game name?
    CYts0MKWcAMS4nB.png
  • Isn't this in Chapters 1 through 3? Those have never dropped runes. Brown chest!
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Isn't this in Chapters 1 through 3? Those have never dropped runes. Brown chest!

Level recommendation 12 and 18? Probably not the first 3 chapters.
  • syreksyrek Member
    These dungeons are in chapters 4 through 6.
    Currently 4-3, 5-1 and 5-5 offer no runes.
    However i was able to restore 6-1 rune drop ability by completing it (opening silver chest), see screenshot.

6ih0xumaabe3.png

Seems to me as some hidden rune anti-farming measure - something like: you need to open silver/golden/purple chest once in a while (those offer materials but not runes) to be able again get runes in that dungeon (all my problematic dungeons might have stopped dropping runes because i had been denying other than rune chests when playing them - either rune farming for salvaging or collecting necessary kills/buffs/heals... for daily quests without gaining exp).
    Still, some clarifications needed, but at least i probably found a way to restore the rune drop.
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    edited August 9
    I'm pretty sure it is a graphical error. I've seen this happen with the 3rd campaign in Chapter 5 and a couple other campaigns months ago. If you do the chapter over and over again, the rune graphic before entering disappears, but you still get the rune reward if you do not get the token chest.
  • syreksyrek Member
    I gave it a try and out of 6 runs i got 2 golden and 4 silver chests (denied all), no rune chest at all..., will continue when stamina regenerates.
  • RocksorRocksor Member
    syrek wrote: »
    I gave it a try and out of 6 runs i got 2 golden and 4 silver chests (denied all), no rune chest at all..., will continue when stamina regenerates.

Did you ever get an occasion where nothing dropped as in not a single chest drop?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    @syrek, your in-game name is the same as your forum name, correct?
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • syreksyrek Member
    Rocksor wrote: »
    syrek wrote: »

Did you ever get an occasion where nothing dropped as in not a single chest drop?

Never. Rune chests seem to be impossible to drop in the current state. I even denied several purple chests only out of curiosity but chest drop only alters between silver/gold/purple (always denied).
    Figured out what is going wrong here. Seems that the dungeon drop lists aren't being updated until the first time you run them after unlocking runes. They will drop runes though. I'll see what we can do about having the drop lists updated, I understand how that would be confusing.
  • syreksyrek Member
    I am not sure if i got u right but i have a lot of runes (all salvaged or equipped) from those dungeons as i had farmed them before this started to happen. E.g. i farmed some 3 or 4 attack runes from 5-1 but eventually the dungeon stopped showing rune icon and stopped dropping rune chests after killing the boss.
    I'm not seeing that happen. Try quick looting that dungeon just once and let me know if the drop list changes.
  • syreksyrek Member
    Ok, altrough i highly anticipated what would happen based on my yesterday's findings with dungeon 6-1 (described above), i have done as you requested and assured myself in how to restore the rune drop for a dungeon, see below.

epgr7fcr0ai5.png

4tfgby2no2ev.png

Now that we know how to fix it for sure, i am curious why it keeps happening. I am sure that after some more rune farming (denying other than rune chests) it would happen again as had several times before, again forcing me to collect unwanted tokens (at cost of unwanted exp) to reset the rune drop potential of that dungeon.
    I still believe there is some script running that compares how many times one enters a dungeon to how many times he opens a chest and temporarily stops rune chests from dropping until a player eventually opens a chest (token one). At least this is the only logical explanation for me so far.
  • FatCat69FatCat69 Member
    edited August 10
    Dude. Are you still trying to slow Level? Slow leveling is dead.
    Post edited by FatCat69 on
  • syreksyrek Member
    You are probably right.
    Just wanted to investigate this issue and share it with others as i could not find a word about it anywhere.
    Slow leveling more or less died when they introduced +2 xp gain on pvp win back in 2015 but i have never been much of a mainstream thinking type so.. you see