Would you like there to be fan/comunity made hero in Dungeon Boss?

JustFunPlayJustFunPlay Member
edited June 2017 in Community Creations

Would you like there to be fan/comunity made hero in Dungeon Boss? 33 votes

No, never!
12%
bvs72thegeminiguyfarfellaSparkle_Starley 4 votes
Maybe, but not now.
15%
JackHallow666Crimson_the_KidLifeReaperBroomSeasideStormtthebone 5 votes
Yes, the devs should use a hero concept made by someone.
33%
T3MP0R4LYykkilqwert_yearmoqlsSaxBoss01YummyMarshDwarvenAleCowfi5hwatermeloneMert92Crimsborg 11 votes
Yes, the devs should ask the community which hero concept to introduce into the game.
30%
Webber91ckall056Adverb007kalamadeasirolk99ThundRFrogewithhatMrTheWaffleKingGingeNinjatoothlessmon 10 votes
Yes, the devs should make polls to ask the community which abilities and all to use for a community hero.
9%
ObiWanCannoliRaymondFLocatingPK 3 votes
Trying to get back to playing the game after a few months...

Comments

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Maybe, but not now.
    Devs can't use a hero Idea made by someone else because copyright issues. All they could do is do vague polls about various aspects of a hero, like race, class, element, etc and then make a hero based on that.
  • Webber91Webber91 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Yes, the devs should ask the community which hero concept to introduce into the game.
    They should host a competition and people can send in there entries. They could decide on the best entry and put it into the game. The winner could get a certain gem award and they should get their hero fully ascended and six stars when it's released
    Grinding Grinding and more Grinding

Maybe, but not now.
    Webber91 wrote: »
    They should host a competition and people can send in there entries. They could decide on the best entry and put it into the game. The winner could get a certain gem award and they should get their hero fully ascended and six stars when it's released

Can't do that. Legal issues.

However they could do multiple polls over the course of a couple months, 1 each week, to determine class type, race, element, role, gender, how they'd generally look, etc. That way it's still a community hero but not actually using any one person's ideas. Plus, it'd be unfair to everyone if they just used one idea and nothing else.
  • Yes, the devs should ask the community which hero concept to introduce into the game.
    What legal issues? Couldn't they put a disclaimer that anything posted on XYZ page is of rightful use of Big Fish and that each person posting their idea should give DB the right to use it?
  • No, never!
    Well I guess they can't.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • No, never!
    I only voted no because of copyright. I would enjoy it if they let us choose things through polls though. Or through a dark vs light quest completion competition thing. It was for tokens but it could be for a hero's color etc.
    Maybe, but not now.
    Joel has commented on this many times. Basically, the TLDR version is: It's possible, but there's so much legal work involved, along with other issues (like how many ideas can we allow, what would we do to reward them, would other players see it as unfair, etc), that the end result just wouldn't be worth all the trouble.
  • Yes, the devs should use a hero concept made by someone.
    I agree with @MrTheWaffleKing with the copyright issue
    Maybe there could be a special page on the fourm that has the basic description, appearance, and name of a hero, and people could post Ideas for what exactly that hero would be like.
    Then, the devs could make minor tweeks to the hero, fill in any missing details from the description, and relase it. The creator would be rewarded the hero at the normal star level that the hero starts at + 1, and a special 'creator' rune of the hero's color.

Do you likey?
  • Yes, the devs should ask the community which hero concept to introduce into the game.
    qwert_year wrote: »
    Maybe there could be a special page on the fourm that has the basic description, appearance, and name of a hero, and people could post Ideas for what exactly that hero would be like.
    Then, the devs could make minor tweeks to the hero, fill in any missing details from the description, and relase it. The creator would be rewarded the hero at the normal star level that the hero starts at + 1, and a special 'creator' rune of the hero's color.

Do you likey?

I don't think the rune would be needed but it would be cool if the creator got the hero a day early.

Do you likey?

I don't think the rune would be needed but it would be cool if the creator got the hero a day early.

Depends, what does the creator rune do, does it just give basic stats and basically a sign of your dedication to this game, that you made your family proud, that your sweat was spilled on the millions of drafts you made (just noticed I jumped a little into the writing of the Declaration of Independence) and you will let loose a single tear knowing everyone will be proud of you... Until the hero is op and then they will be angry with you making you have to change your account name, go up a level, and eat a waffle so your "that guy/girl."

Doesn't that sound fuuuuun???
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...

Do you likey?

Depends, what does the creator rune do, does it just give basic stats and basically a sign of your dedication to this game, that you made your family proud, that your sweat was spilled on the millions of drafts you made (just noticed I jumped a little into the writing of the Declaration of Independence) and you will let loose a single tear knowing everyone will be proud of you... Until the hero is op and then they will be angry with you making you have to change your account name, go up a level, and eat a waffle so your "that guy/girl."

Doesn't that sound fuuuuun???

The rune would probally be geared to the specific hero.For example, a creator rune gifted for making a lifesteeling tank would probaly have hp/dmg/dmg/lifesteal.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    No, never!
    The devs no what’s good for them.
  • Mert92Mert92 Member
    Would be nice in a form of Design a Character contest, just like Anet with Guild Wars having Design a weapon contests, winner gets their weapon in game
  • sirtainlysirtainly Member
    I doubt they would. Avoidance of possible legal issues.
  • Yes, the devs should make polls to ask the community which abilities and all to use for a community hero.
    understandable legal issues.

Webber91 wrote: »

Can't do that. Legal issues.

However they could do multiple polls over the course of a couple months, 1 each week, to determine class type, race, element, role, gender, how they'd generally look, etc. That way it's still a community hero but not actually using any one person's ideas. Plus, it'd be unfair to everyone if they just used one idea and nothing else.

Anyone Remember Moshi Monsters? Every year they did a design a Moshi competition and that was fine. What is the difference with DB?
    I guess the create rune would be cool if on hit, it make some confetti effects. Just to show that you did something special.
    I guess the create rune would be cool if on hit, it make some confetti effects. Just to show that you did something special.

thats so op, drakk would just trigger so much confetti, honestly we dont pay our maids to sweep our floors enough, i mean all of the injured heroes they magically put away and replace, and with this now they have to clean confetti! one thing though if there would to be made a rune- it would deal small splash damage, i have always wanted runes that give a damage effect...
    All hail the Jabberwonky-JarJar,Jabber,Jibber
    May the side of fun and nonsense reign supreme!!
    Fun Is the most important aspect of games, don't underestimate future meta heroes...
    Small splash damage... you would totally feed the barbs.
  • Mert92Mert92 Member
    https://gph.is/2LUDV37 working on 3D model of Kusari Gama