The Light Festival Shines!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
dks6aris2m8g.png

In celebration of Ekko's Epic, we're running a Light Festival that pays out tokens for Ekko, Emily, and other fun prizes! We also have two event dungeons, one of which is a ride-along where you can test out Ekko's Ghost Dynamo. Also, be on the lookout for Interrogator Balog, who will be popping up in campaign dungeons. He's not very fond of light heroes.

Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• If you wanted people to use him more why didn't you fix him and make it so when yorik does his epic he heals ekko? Such a swing and a miss..he's undead he should heal when yorik does his epic
  • Please give epics to characters people actually use. So many epics for trash characters
  • wagdogg wrote: »
    If you wanted people to use him more why didn't you fix him and make it so when yorik does his epic he heals ekko? Such a swing and a miss..he's undead he should heal when yorik does his epic
    a) Because that wouldn't make people use him more. Undead are PVE only and usage has fallen off drastically with the beast epics anyway.
    b) He's not undead anymore.
    centralcommand
    Please give epics to characters people actually use. So many epics for trash characters

The point you are missing, young Padawan.
    Please give epics to characters people actually use. So many epics for trash characters

They are trying to use epics and ability and stat buffs to make the so-called "trash" heroes used. Personally, Ekko now giving light allies an extra energy as well as being unkillable for the first round will make me use him in PvP. This is one of the better changes in a while, and I would believe it if Ekko was a meta hero on attack teams in a few weeks when people have figured out how to use him correctly. Well done Dungeon Boss (and MFG I think)!
  • Looks like it'll be a fun event! :)
    Potatoccino Guild - Lvl 73 - VIP 2
    DB Forum: Recent Discussions - http://forum.dungeonboss.com/discussions
  • I think Balog's just jealous because he didn't get a buff or epic!
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • Would be cook if balog was next
  • Would be cook if balog was next

I personally don't like the taste of Balog.
  • danac wrote: »
    Would be cook if balog was next

I personally don't like the taste of Balog.

You've probably never had Properly Prepared Balog. You need to be sure your Balog is properly marinated, and don't use Instant Balog, use the real thing.

(*not recommended for microwave ovens.)
  • I personally, am hoping for some more dark events featuring, say, Overlord Executum? ;)
    Photo courtesy of Jackhallow666.

Favorite heroes: Overlord Executum, Hansuke Undying, and Augustus.
  • looking over everyone's abilities, +2 energy is not enough to break anyone's offensive meta in my opinion. Another swing and a miss as far as epics and redesigns go. Maybe combat revamp will make PvP last longer than 2 rounds, and that extra energy will be crucial for attackers, but i highly doubt it.
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

Are all plugs shameless?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    If you ask me, woulda been cooler if Ekko's Epic attack drained 2 energy from the target, and gave all allies 1 energy. But that's just me.

Also yeah there really shouldn't even be "trash" heroes. The thing is, as Boss Fight got better and better, they were able to make new heroes with better animations, more creative Passives and abilities, and cooler moves. It's not so much that the old heroes are trash, they're only trash by comparison. And now that Boss Fight has the creativity and tech to make flashier, more fun to use heroes, they're giving older heroes epics and buffing them in the process. It's a really great way to make them viable again. They're still not as great as the newest heroes, but they're certainly not trash. Heroes who are amazing now like Yorick, Yasmin, MK, they didn't all use to be that good. Yasmin used to be overshadowed by NubNub, Yorick used to be virtually useless, and MK was actually at one point second place to Black Diamond.
  • If you ask me, woulda been cooler if Ekko's Epic attack drained 2 energy from the target, and gave all allies 1 energy. But that's just me.

Also yeah there really shouldn't even be "trash" heroes. The thing is, as Boss Fight got better and better, they were able to make new heroes with better animations, more creative Passives and abilities, and cooler moves. It's not so much that the old heroes are trash, they're only trash by comparison. And now that Boss Fight has the creativity and tech to make flashier, more fun to use heroes, they're giving older heroes epics and buffing them in the process. It's a really great way to make them viable again. They're still not as great as the newest heroes, but they're certainly not trash. Heroes who are amazing now like Yorick, Yasmin, MK, they didn't all use to be that good. Yasmin used to be overshadowed by NubNub, Yorick used to be virtually useless, and MK was actually at one point second place to Black Diamond.

Totally agree. The problem with Ekko's epic is that it doesn't help his allies (other than getting closer to another energize). I challenged myself to use Ekko in PvP today, and I found some good uses by making survivable teams mostly with Ekko, and Shade. My others ranged in the list of Zen, Ferno, MK, Hopper, Indigo, and Koros. The problem is it is just faster to use a 1-shot kill team.
  • ODPODP Member
    Am I missing these jackpot sockets? Where are they supposed to be found?
  • ODP wrote: »
    Am I missing these jackpot sockets? Where are they supposed to be found?

They are a pile of 3 skulls that sparkle and randomly appear in the event dungeons.
  • ODPODP Member
    Those are neither sockets, nor are they jackpots in any sense of the word. Boo on false advertising.
  • I've gotten the occasional hero token from those. Maybe that's the "bonus"?
    KashHatton
    Those are neither sockets, nor are they jackpots in any sense of the word. Boo on false advertising.

Maybe i missed it, but where did they say there were jackpots in this event?

And why do you call them "sockets"?
  • I got a minds eye. I got a valkrie somewhere in there too but I don't know where that came from.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • ODPODP Member
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    ODP wrote: »

That's what they called them in the in game event info. Which is gone now.
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    ODP wrote: »

That's what they called them in the in game event info. Which is gone now.

Hmm...i read through all of the event info/banners and didn't see it called socket. That's not to say I didn't glance over it though.
  • ODPODP Member
    It's also possible that it was all an hallucination.
  • If you ask me, woulda been cooler if Ekko's Epic attack drained 2 energy from the target, and gave all allies 1 energy. But that's just me.

Before runes and epics, PvP was dominated by Torchy, Black Diamond, and Bovus on offense, and Black Diamond and Ekko on defense. Black Diamond was the Masuta Kira of her day, Bovus used to drain energy rather than slow enemies, and Ekko protected energy as he does now. Torchy could silence or downright kill the first normal speed defending hero, letting Bovus do his stampede unhindered. That meant if you didn't use Ekko on defense then Bovus would drain everyone, only one point, but it meant they could 't use their special attack on round one if they moved after he did.

Then they changed Bovus so he slowed opponents, which made Ekko more or less useless in PvP, certainly unnecessary, in PvP. Ekko passed into the shadows and was thought of no more.
    It's also possible that it was all an hallucination.

If I were you, I'd be worried that that was what you hallucinated about