Changes to PVP?

Any chance we could get an explanation of what has been changed with matchmaking since the update. The number of challenging opponents I'm seeing has gone way down, and sometimes the middle opponent becomes my next hard opponent after I beat the right option.

So far this seems like a change for the worse for PVP. Intended?
Gmun
Tagged:

Comments

• Yeah, noticed match making has gone down this tourney. Feels like Saturday - Tuesday now.
  • I'm getting nothing but cupcakes. Based on the win-loss records of the top 100, so is everybody else.
  • Below Legend it's still tough. My first 3 opponents this morning were all 5500+ rune power.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    This could be because not everyone has updated their game, so the pool of enemies is skewed, but we're investigating this just in case!
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • gmungmun Member
    Thank you for checking.
    Gmun
  • Joel wrote: »
    This could be because not everyone has updated their game, so the pool of enemies is skewed, but we're investigating this just in case!

@Joel this isn't the problem. I hadn't updated because I read about all the problems and I could still play without updating so I waited. Things seemed to have improved for people with the bugs and I noticed that I starting to get all 5000+ teams for all 3 slots. So I updated and had the exact same people after the update and now I am starting to get the issue which someone mentioned somewhere on the boards where when I lose the person from far left ("easy slot") moves to the middle slot. I will be the first one to say I am at best an average PvPer but I have always gotten to legend 1 without problems now I refresh and refresh and rarely find teams I can beat. Something has definitely changed in the matchmaking since the update.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN
  • Yeah. It's still pretty bad. Once in a while, I get a tough opponent followed by a long string of super super easy defenders.
  • Rkr1970Rkr1970 Member
    edited September 8
    PLEASE stop "balancing" PvP!!! The new system seems like a confusing and unpleasant change!

Screw the order defenders are set up in. Let 'em attack randomly! Defender's turn? Nah, attackers can take the lead!! Epic character? Use an epic attack first round! Why wait??

I've walked through defenders FAR too powerful (based on power rating and runes) for me to so easily ignore and had a few teams with no power and poorly planned teams erase me without any effort. "Unfix" this! Make the game playable again!!! PLEASE!

Also, didn't appreciate going to bed in Champion I and waking up in Gladiator I. WTF??? Get it together or I will spend my money elsewhere!!@!

BTW... I DID love many of the other changes. Just hate everything you did to PvP! Sorry!
    Post edited by Rkr1970 on
  • If an "average" pVPer can always make it to Legend 1, then -please- don't make it any harder.

I spend my life driving up to champion and getting kicked back each cycle. Have resigned myself to this for the sake of getting honor for rewards, but if you make it harder, it'll likely be untenable for some of os...err...less capable PVPers...
  • Legend 1 is the top PvP league.
    I can't see why should be easy to get there.
  • gmungmun Member
    edited September 8
    If legend 1 players arent finding each other and boss 100 players aren't fighting each other, then guess who we're picking on? We're on the same side here ya'all!

Notice all the new threads from people in lower leagues getting massive numbers of attacks, while many ofnthe boss 100 have only around 10.
    Gmun
  • I'm not sure what most people think PvP but s in this game but it's not twitch gaming based on skill and speed of you connection. If you have good enough characters and put in enough fights you will make legend 1. When I said I was an average PvPer it means I have all the characters and decent runes and at least a couple of high powered groups but not all of the typical characters maxed out with superior runes max epics and the runes all having good 4th stats.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN
  • Joel wrote: »

vxbsvh1ejh4m.png

@Joel , under no circumstances this should be a far right option for me, right?
    If u disagree with this post, simply press agree + like buttons at the same time.
  • I posted the wrong pic, lol, guess that's underlining my statement.

e17gxx8a13rt.png
    adlcedvwsfdi.png

Those 2 are the worst I came across.

I don't want to fight these poor souls, please fix this immediately.
    If u disagree with this post, simply press agree + like buttons at the same time.
  • BarleymanBarleyman Member
    edited September 9
    j5av8kgjn6cr.png

This screenshot is from Monday, before the update.

Left middle or right is nothing to do with the strength of the actual defending team, and everything to do with something else. Overall roster strength, current league, something.

I didn't think there were any deliberate changes to PvP in the update.
  • There is definitely a change. I would usually have to wait an hour for easier right raid refresh or raid middle or left. This season it is no wait and raid all right.
  • My PvP seems to have normalized but I am still seeing my selection shift to the right when I beat someone. Beat the middle player my next choice has the player who was in the left slot in the middle. Beat the right player the middle player shifts to the right slot. It doesn't happen every time but it is fairly frequent.
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN
  • How about this one? I can't believe this person is actively playing the game anymore, let alone that they were one of the early birds to update.

4t0byumaay7n.png

This should not be my hard option.
  • It's so nice to have left things broken and take the weekend off :)
    Wish I could do that without getting fired.

• lythstihl wrote: »
    My PvP seems to have normalized but I am still seeing my selection shift to the right when I beat someone. Beat the middle player my next choice has the player who was in the left slot in the middle. Beat the right player the middle player shifts to the right slot. It doesn't happen every time but it is fairly frequent.

Just had this happen to me.
  • BrazyBrazy Member
    edited September 9
    The one on M shifted to H. Earlier I saw both E and M shift over one spot to the right.

0aa18tlumnz6.png
    qy844su7wzqe.png

I left the game for a few minutes and came back on without fighting, M shifted to H again.

1ppu2o525mdd.png

• Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited September 9
    Don't worry. This will be fixed by the combat update that has been imminent for months on end at the expense of any and all new content. Just keep enjoying your repackaged events. And remember to buy lots of the new gem offers. You will surely need them when all your power/planning/tactics runes are suddenly not ideal for their slot and you have to spend hundreds of dollars to craft the new optimal type.
  • I was wrong when I said PvP seemed to have normalized. It's gone back to where almost no opponent is fightable. My current opponents have power ratings of 33960 34662 and 35499 from left to right.... that's ridiculous and defeats the point of even having an easy, medium, and hard fight.

@Joel @EEJ there is something fundamentally wrong with the most basic concept of the current matchmaking formula to allow things like this to happen... and it's happening so much to me right now that since last night I haven't been able to get a winning streak of longer than 2 or 3 fights. Why this should be happening at the same time that others are complaining of exactly the opposite problem is beyond me.

PLEASE FIX THIS
    MAKE DB FUN AGAIN
  • 1. You did update, right?
    2. What's your level?

I'm not seeing many tough opponents out there. Pretty easy to put together a 20-streak without even trying. Highest I saw was a 222 streak.
  • @Joel any updates on this issue?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    No updates just yet, but the issue is actively being investigated.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Just hope it doesn't take 10 seasons to figure out.
  • WHAT THE CRAP?????44z2vevgb7xc.jpg
  • Happened to me to. Game breaking error. You have to go all the way to that red arrow, and bring you finger down to smack it. Then, you have to press those sword buttons and only after ALL THAT will you get three opponents.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!