Stupid grind aka Guild Boss

I was looking forward to the guild boss, but am really disappointed.

It is more repetitive than any other event so far.

And if I remember correctly, it was said by Eej, that there would be no advantage through money. But you can buy Solaris, courage and buffers.

There will be no "winning" guild, because points are capped.
But it's like GG made for the big guilds and others are struggling to reach the Rune reward, i guess.

Events like this won't keep me playing.
Sad but true.
Tagged:

Comments

  • I don't think he is alone @JackHallow666 .... I feel the same and I know the majority of my guild does too. We just don't voice our opinions cause we know it wont be changed,
  • the event's not bad, and the mechanics are pretty decent, but there's just no getting around the fact that it's very grindy, given the gated dungeons.

    1200 kills with flyers? ugh.
    soon™ - it's the answer to everything
  • TWilliamsTWilliams Member
    edited September 15
    Worst event ever. I don't understand how they thought this would be good for anyone other than members of top 30 guilds (in general). Yes there are probably a handful of outliers with well developed rosters but when a lvl 56 player can crush it and a lvl 70 can't do crap there is a problem with level scaling. Oh, and I get a mail every time someone gets a few points. Really?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    I don't know what else they can do. They probably can't make a dungeon hard enough for the top players and if they did, it would just be exclusive to top players only, basically. Grinding for stuff is basically the only way they can give everyone a chance. I personally like the grind this time around. Especially since we're not just grinding quests for our own sake, but for our whole guild.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • not a good event. I will give credit for trying but **** this whole thing was for top 100 players and top 20 guilds. Unless you have all the heroes maxed out with greater or superior runes don't even bother trying. Can wait to see how many people get kicked from guilds after this.
  • Subatai wrote: »
    not a good event. I will give credit for trying but **** this whole thing was for top 100 players and top 20 guilds. Unless you have all the heroes maxed out with greater or superior runes don't even bother trying. Can wait to see how many people get kicked from guilds after this.

    New content that isn't instantly beatable by every single person who plays the game! Whoever heard of such a thing!
  • oredith wrote: »
    1200 kills with flyers? ugh.

    Per day.
  • Subatai wrote: »
    not a good event. I will give credit for trying but **** this whole thing was for top 100 players and top 20 guilds. Unless you have all the heroes maxed out with greater or superior runes don't even bother trying. Can wait to see how many people get kicked from guilds after this.

    You don't need all the heros runed up. All you need for the event is bauble, ferno, torchy and solaris (or zen if you haven't unlocked yet). There is a stamina dungeon to get these tokens also.
    These toons can be used for the daily repeatable and the three event dungeons.

    People are gonna complain if it's too easy / too grindy.. and people are going to complain if it's too hard.
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • I'm happier now that I've discovered that the flyer team (Solaris, Ferno, Bauble, Torchy) can clear Pestilence Spire w/ autorun + skills on.

    Least now I'm farming totems and getting kills on the quest at the same time.


  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Subatai wrote: »
    not a good event. I will give credit for trying but **** this whole thing was for top 100 players and top 20 guilds. Unless you have all the heroes maxed out with greater or superior runes don't even bother trying. Can wait to see how many people get kicked from guilds after this.

    That... That was the point of this event. Because top tier players have been saying for over a month now that everything is just too easy for them and they're running out of things to do to keep them playing. This was DB's answer. Personally, I think it worked.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • MysteriosX wrote: »
    oredith wrote: »
    1200 kills with flyers? ugh.


    Per day.

    What makes this really sucks for me is that I only have torchy and bauble and only Torchy starred up but without an epic. Way too grindy! I guess I have to wait for the next event and hope for something better. Very disappointed.

  • jimwymr wrote: »
    MysteriosX wrote: »
    oredith wrote: »
    1200 kills with flyers? ugh.


    Per day.

    What makes this really sucks for me is that I only have torchy and bauble and only Torchy starred up but without an epic. Way too grindy! I guess I have to wait for the next event and hope for something better. Very disappointed.

    So here's the thing.

    This is not a game where you can start on a Monday and have everything conquered by Sunday. I played for over nine months before I was able to get much out of most of the events. The higher level you get, the more heroes you have unlocked, the higher starred those heroes, the more epic weapons you have and the higher level those epics, and the better runes you have crafted or won craft to put on heroes, the more you can do, and the easier it gets.

    I've now been playing 18 months and I'm still grinding daily to improve. I even had to swap around runes to strengthen the heroes needed for this event.

    But, once I unlocked Solaris (through my own and my guild mates' efforts), I was able to instantly fully ascend her, max out her abilities, and slap on some reasonable runes so she's not dead meat. That's from months of grinding and stockpiling resources.

    I'll get a lot from this event, not everything possible probably but a good haul. I'm in a great guild, and have earned my place there with my own efforts. Should we expect every player regardless of time played to get the same from this event? Of course not.


    Don't worry, there are always new events. This is just the first Guild Boss event, and they'll be tweaking future events to try to make them fun but still requiring some effort.
  • The only question i have is what happened to the supposed 90 mins daily to take care of business? I think we missed the mark here.
    Also courage was supposed to be this unicorn level rarity and we were supposed to be ultra cautious to not waste it - i still cant spend all mind cause of the constant influx from the guild. I've been grinding the 1200 for a hell of a lot longer than 90 mins. So i am just curious as to where that value came from.
    www.youtube.com/DarthCraig
    www.twitter.com/Darth_Craig

    Are all plugs shameless?
  • The 1200 doesn't contribute to you getting max rewards from the event. Max rewards is the 875k tier. Anything above that is just considered "extra".
  • ckall056 wrote: »
    Also courage was supposed to be this unicorn level rarity and we were supposed to be ultra cautious to not waste it - i still cant spend all mind cause of the constant influx from the guild.

    Must be nice - I didn't think my guild was cream of the crop, but the pittance I've received has me strongly rethinking my guild choice.



  • kalamadea wrote: »
    ckall056 wrote: »
    Also courage was supposed to be this unicorn level rarity and we were supposed to be ultra cautious to not waste it - i still cant spend all mind cause of the constant influx from the guild.

    Must be nice - I didn't think my guild was cream of the crop, but the pittance I've received has me strongly rethinking my guild choice.

    The Guild Games and now the Guild Boss Battle certainly sort out the sheep from the goats.

    Not everyone wants to spend their weekend tapping buttons and that's fine, but if you feel you're putting in ten times the effort of other people in your guild it does suggest you'd be happier elsewhere. The top guild families are always looking for new active players, so express your interest on the Guild part of the forum and you'll get responses.
  • ckall056 wrote: »
    The only question i have is what happened to the supposed 90 mins daily to take care of business? I think we missed the mark here.
    Also courage was supposed to be this unicorn level rarity and we were supposed to be ultra cautious to not waste it - i still cant spend all mind cause of the constant influx from the guild. I've been grinding the 1200 for a hell of a lot longer than 90 mins. So i am just curious as to where that value came from.

    This bears elaboration.

    I get my device is slower than iwhatevers, even than some other ioses.
    But the best, most viable team for the third dungeons is, *by design* something that takes 5-10 minutes per run for me. 90 minutes is a *huge* underestimation of what I've had to do just for the points.
    Then there's the 1200 kills quest.

    And it's not like I'm outperforming my guild, I'm at the bottom. I accept part of this is my device, but he time crunch is still a monster.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    Had to clean up some posts here. Please be respectful of each other.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • So you are reading these reviews @Joel? Don't be greatly affected by the comments, haters gonna hate
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I'm 100% fine with people criticizing the game, I deleted comments that contained personal insults towards other players. Feel free to repost any and all event-related commentary.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • I find most all mobile games kind of stupid. But I can't help myself and keep playing them. DB gives me more pleasure than most.
  • Thank you @all for your opinion.
  • The only mobile game I don't find stupid is HAL.
    But playing that one kinda gives me the creeps.
  • 1k6zr0a7dq0u.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.

© 2015 Big Fish Games. Inc., Big Fish, the Big Fish logo, and Dungeon Boss are
trademarks of Big Fish Games, Inc., used with permission www.bigfishgames.com