Level Capped Gives Back

Recently much of the world has watched as Hurricanes have taken a massive toll on Tropical regions and the southern United States. Nadzworth, a Texas resident & member of Level Capped shared his experience with us as Hurricane Harvey brought devastating floods to his home town and forced him to evacuate his home with his girlfriend, 8 year old son, and little else.
rln8vg7ewpu4.jpg
qzts8btoa94s.jpg

Fortunately he had family that were able to give him a place to stay & for his family to be safe. After 8 days of flooding Nadzworth was able to return to his home - he shared pictures in our chat group and the devastation to his home was shocking.
jiv5l3lvvpvp.jpg
93qntp0lw5yg.jpg
8aqy5ho9x1ut.jpg

LC members immediately began to ask what we could do to help. There had been a GoFundMe set up early on but Nadz chose to shut that down because he said "I'm able to work, unlike others I know in my situation." He did mention though that his son's 9th Birthday was coming up in mid-September & he was disappointed that they wouldn't be able to do much for that this year. LC members immediately asked if they could help make his son's birthday a little better. GM Jaxboomstick encouraged Nadz to set up a gift registry through Amazon have his son pick out things he'd like for his birthday. As soon as the gift registry was in place LC members started shipping items to Texas from all over the world - determined to make this a birthday to remember - and not because it came on the heels of a hurricane. Within a few days Nadz was sharing pics of the boxes as they began to arrive:
1mshbv6dqgfr.jpg
And then a few days later the big birthday party.
zqlv5vnwlwn6.jpg
83fqjsm3m1f9.jpg
j69m1zeof2y5.jpg

New clothes, baseball glove, bat & balls, an RC drone, PS4 + games, television, Pokémon cards, and more have arrived or are scheduled to arrive soon to help replace the things that were lost to flooding and make one 9 year old ask his dad if "y'all were like Santa."

I'm so proud to be a part of a guild with so much compassion and a strong desire to help our fellow members. Great job Level Capped!

(Story & photos shared with permission of Nadzworth of Level Capped)
Kezii
Level Capped Officer

Comments

• That was a really wonderful thing y'all did for your guild member's son. :)
    nunya
  • I have no words... LC...♥️
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited September 25
    Awesome! I hope nadz and his family are okay, and I am so glad to see it looks like everything turned out fine! Go LC!
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • Did anyone notice the zebra-patterned boots in the background of the picture? Just wanted to point that out
    Mock exams finished...Im back!
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    <3 <3 <3
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • Simply amazed at the kindness surrounding us. Kudos to the LC family for helping one of their own in such a devastating time. I cannot even imagine being in Nadz situation. A great reminder to be thankful for everything that we have.
  • This made my day.
    So very nice to help this family that is a part of the DB family.
    Well done Level Capped.
    DB Player since 10.11.2015
    The Tatar Squad
  • The best part is that he couldn't open another box without putting the jersey on lol.
  • VictoriaVictoria Member, Administrator, Moderator, Big Fish
    Wow, this is SO AWESOME. Way to step up and help a friend. <3 <3
    CYts0MKWcAMS4nB.png
  • Great story, thank you for sharing!