[Update 2: COMPENSATION SENT] KNOWN ISSUE: Missing Event Tickets

124»

Comments

• sirtainlysirtainly Member
    edited October 9
    tldr: items for purchase for "tickets" go until Tuesday - other items, even in the event shop, appear to be going away at 3PM CST today. Some may have gone away at event end last night.

I think this is short sighted on the part of DB. If they advertise that the entire shop will be available until Tuesday, it should all stay available. People may choose to make additional purchases once they find out what their tickets can and can't buy.

Last GG event I saw "Event shop open until Tuesday". Since I knew that, I ended up choosing important real life commitments rather than play the event, knowing I could always purchase Solaris on Monday - only to find it had been removed from the shop Sunday Night. It's not a big deal, I made up for lost time, but DB didn't get my $20. I think its a strategic mistake on their part.

T minus 1 hr until non-ticket items go away. Hope we get our tickets before tomorrow and I feel bad for any players who misunderstood/misread the promo and spend the tickets they have today in a rush to get SOMETHING only to find out they would have/could have gotten more if they'd known they'd have a bigger total.

This is in reality all small stuff, but its about messaging and expectations. I've found that perception is more important than reality. If I were DB I'd be making a new thread in the forum with a clear, definitive message and I might well post a banner in the game, if that can be done quickly and easily.
  • to be fair @MattCauthron they kind of made their own jobs difficult on this one. I don't think it's fair to take shots at the player base for being confused over a snowball effect caused by a mistake made by the design team in the first place.

I prob should have put a disclaimer that he's in my guild and not some random person I was giving a hard time heh
  • tsynntsynn Member
    15k tickets is a joke of a compensation
  • philphil Member
    What was the data that needed to be gathered? I was expecting something a bit more finely tuned with a 4 day wait.
  • I'm happy with 15K
  • MrGlicMrGlic Member
    This compensation is a joke
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    For reference, the maximum number of tickets that could have been earned on the first day of the event was 10,350.

500 from 'Rainbow Team'
    2,500 (500 tickets x 5 personal completions of 'Dominance')
    7,350 (30 tickets x 49 other guild members x 5 completions of 'Dominance')
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • heelerheeler Member
    phil wrote: »
    What was the data that needed to be gathered? I was expecting something a bit more finely tuned with a 4 day wait.

In this case, I think the "data" was: I don't want to come in on a Saturday to give everyone tickets.

(And I'm not usually a sarcastic jerk, but this event is the first that had me hopping mad.)
  • 15k was og for me , glad I'm not upset like some folk
  • 15K tickets is nice, thanks.

150 raid tickets :P
  • phil wrote: »

Agreed. This could easily have been sent out on Friday as soon as they were informed of their error, so we could all play the event and use our tickets in the shop as and when intended.
  • For me, since I wasn't planning on spending on a bunch of raid tix, it worked out. I didn't have more than 10k after day 1. It does seem like a simple calculation though.

Not sure why it had to take so long.
  • danacdanac Member
    Barleyman wrote: »

We better get back our stolen event tickets or there's going to be a storm of complaints. I had over 11k deleted, have 17,260 now, so if I had my stolen ones back I'd have the Shadowblade skin I've been waiting on for months. If I could have had it during the event as I should have it would have helped with the event.

That bvs is a real devil, isn't he?
    I dunno if he'll give you your tickets he stole back, he already spent fatcat's.

to be fair @MattCauthron they kind of made their own jobs difficult on this one. I don't think it's fair to take shots at the player base for being confused over a snowball effect caused by a mistake made by the design team in the first place.

Not just one mistake. The shop usually ends midnight the day of the ending of the event. The event ended an hour before reset again, this confused me.
    The high end items ended in the shop earlier than the rest, and the rest of the items are ending 40 hours after the event ended.

These aberrational times require clear communication from the devs since I don't think I'm alone in assuming traditional reset times are the ones to go by.

[quote="MattCauthron;c-204248

I prob should have put a disclaimer that he's in my guild and not some random person I was giving a hard time heh[/quote]

oooh! I like that idea! Giving a hard time to one random person a day!

I think today it will be NinjaNurse.*

*A nurse as a ninja?
    Hah! Cats make much better ninjas.
    Plus she couldn't even beat my defense. I'm surprised Level Capped didn't kick her over that.

• TWilliamsTWilliams Member
    edited October 10
    ...feeling like you guys don't really "get" why people are angry...

I think they get why people are angry. I also think that whoever is making the management decisions on these issues just doesn't care or at the very least doesn't feel the need for urgency. And it's probably not the people who have to deal with the issues on this forum.
    I think most players would rather slow down the pace of event releases and have them actually work properly than get constant events that have issues.

Agreed! Or at least have a 1-day cool-off after a major grindy event like we just had. To recover.
  • Guildmates are assuming they can save the ticket compensation mail and apply it to the next event. Please confirm. Thank you.
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    If you save your ticket mail, you will not necessarily be able to apply it to the next event. The tickets are for this event, and I advise collecting them during this event.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • danacdanac Member
    Pwnisher wrote: »
    Guildmates are assuming they can save the ticket compensation mail and apply it to the next event. Please confirm. Thank you.

Dungeon Boss got snippity about people saving tickets.
    Before they were saved, and they specifically changed it so that they are no longer saved.

cash them in.
124»