Monster Rune War!

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
lym9fiq80z8l.png

The Monsters are on the loose and are hunting for Beasts and... tickets? We've got a week of monstrous goodness, so sharpen your teeth, and get ready to tear into some quests. The event shop has tokens, runes, materials, and more!

Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Tagged:

Comments

• AmmoAmmo Member
    This event is really fun. However, as a player with pretty much all heroes maxed out, the rewards are pretty lackluster -- the only thing available to me that's relevant are the Superior rune materials -- but I have plenty of these already anyway.

Would it be possible to get actual superior runes made available (at a commensurate ticket cost of course). Or, even raid tickets would be a nice prize. Maybe AEther? Tokens towards Ember or Aria? Maybe even Gems as a reward? Getting materials towards making the superior runes is helpful, but it's the gems in the end that are the real source of what makes superior runes happen. Maybe a way to guarantee extra PvP damage or PvP damage reduction on runes as the bonus feature?

I really love spending time playing the game, and will continue to do so as despite any hiccups that happen (e.g. the recent guild games). This game is absolutely awesome and I'm still totally into it.
    1611701?gid=
  • SaintSaint Member
    I have killed many guard wolves, but not receiving credit in event quest.
  • SaintSaint Member
    Seems to be the guard wolves in the event dungeon not giving credit. Others dungeons are
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    We're aware of this issue and putting in a fix for it.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • SaintSaint Member
    Cool, thx
  • danacdanac Member
    Sooo, one of the quests is to craft 25 greater runes for a reward of 1000 tickets.
    And it's repeatable?

And what rewards are there for dumping that huge amount of resources into crafting?
    What can 1k tickets buy that's worth that much grinding?

Well, for me, materials for crafting runes.

1k is approximately enough to buy 1/100th of what I would spend to get it.

• Don't worry, Danac. You'll make up the difference in VOLUME!
  • inhumans99inhumans99 Member
    edited October 13
    I thought that repeatable was a joke when you were asked to craft 10 greater runes, between this and the fact that I have most of the monsters (except Phenol) 6 starred is making this event an easy pass. If there are forced PVP quests they need to be for materials I desperately need (and even then I may pass) or Phenol tokens. Nice to be able to step way from the grind this weekend. Even the aether I would get from monster tokens for my 6 stars would not be an incentive, because most (all?) of the monsters only pay out 5 aether which is just no incentive to plow through the event quests.

Edited to add: I was wrong...misread that you had to craft 25 runes just for 1,000 tickets (I should have known better as that sounded nuts), each greater rune gets you 1,000. Still only good if unlike me you have an insane amount of materials built up (especially jewels), but not as insane as I thought the repeatable was. I also noticed that the event tickets can be used to acquire Lupina tickets, Grog Gnog and Phenol tokens, so it is actually a good ticket shop for me (already 6 starred Grog Gnog).

So yeah...I usually wait to post and jumping the gun to spaz about the event made me look a bit foolish, and I am not too proud to admit it. Also, great that all of those useless runes we pick up in the course of completing events can be immediately recycled for tickets.
    Post edited by inhumans99 on
  • danac wrote: »
    Sooo, one of the quests is to craft 25 greater runes for a reward of 1000 tickets.
    And it's repeatable?

And what rewards are there for dumping that huge amount of resources into crafting?

Really? I am only level 54, but my quest is crafting 1 (improved or better) rune. 25 sounds way off.
  • Yankee wrote: »
    danac wrote: »
    And it's repeatable?

Really? I am only level 54, but my quest is crafting 1 (improved or better) rune. 25 sounds way off.

Danac misread the quest, as it's Craft 1 greater or better rune for 1,000 tickets. It can be repeated 25 times.

So really, 25 greater or better runes for 25,000 tickets.
  • And 25K ticket gets me roughly enough materials to craft one more Greater rune? ;)
  • danacdanac Member
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    Yankee wrote: »
    And it's repeatable?

Danac misread the quest, as it's Craft 1 greater or better rune for 1,000 tickets. It can be repeated 25 times.

I did misread the quest, but crafting 25 runes for 25 k is still worthless.

Especially considering I lost 59 k in tickets the event before the Guild games because tickets don't carry over.

And it's repeatable?

Especially considering I lost 59 k in tickets the event before the Guild games because tickets don't carry over.

It sounds like you need to spend some time in Salty Boss Mode chat.
    And it's repeatable?

I really enjoyed this post Matt, thank you
  • danacdanac Member

Antonia disagrees.
  • Wipeout2142Wipeout2142 Member
    edited October 14
    So if you buy the superior beast kill runes in the event shop, the stats change for the runes.. Do they get weaker the more you buy? @Joel
  • So if you buy the superior beast kill runes in the event shop, the stats change for the runes.. Do they get weaker the more you buy? @Joel

Must be random. I only bought 1, and the stats on mine are:

Atk: 579
    Atk: 275
    Hlth: 590
    + 15% dmg to beasts

I don't like this...
  • SkulsSkuls Member
    Yeah, so far only the pvp runes are maxed stats
  • Skuls wrote: »
    Yeah, so far only the pvp runes are maxed stats

It's ok if it's not maxed, but it's the inconsistency that gives me pause. I assumed an event rune for sale in the shop would be a standardized commodity. I thought the 60k Honor superior runes in the Honor Shop are consistent, but maybe I am mistaken.

@Joel Is it intended that the 4500 gem event Superior runes be variable in the stats?
  • I believe it is.

It was for the ones sold during the Grand Guild Tourney (which is just one reason I'll never be buying one again).
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    I just want to know why a monster ruined the war.
  • danacdanac Member
    bvs72 wrote: »
    I just want to know why a monster ruined the war.

Bad hair day.

You'd understand.