Guild Boss Invasion 2

Comments

• Ok this war has gone on for a little long. Y’all probably need(ed) to vent, clarify and express thoughts, etc.

Now with the facts we (will) have on GBI2, go with whatever strategy and vision you and your guild has and try to stick to it. Be it winning the lb or winning another guild or getting a certain tier of rewards. Whether you want to change your vision midway, up to you. Every decision has repercussions.

Try to keep it friendly though? We’re all players and games are supposed to be fun.
  • This is all nice, but when will we get emails/hinting on the forums or just basic info about the new character?
  • Now for the serious stuff:
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Someone reminded me that @eej mentioned that all future hero releases will be via the GBIs, not via the portals.

If that's the case, then the 120+ heroic portal summons I have queued up and waiting for a use are feeling SUPER useless and they'd better change weekly rewards back to gem equivalents soon, because that's kinda a crappy way to make those summons completely worthless.

Clearly DB has been trying for ages to find a mechanism to prevent top end players from maxxing out a hero within minutes of release.
    The whole portal nerf was attempt #1, and now they're come upon a solution.
    Unfortunately, it makes weekly guild rewards almost completely useless, the portals now having as much worth as the dumb Hagrim tokens we get.

In one way it makes sense, the Heroic portal is overflowing with heroes as it is. And putting more in Great or Honor is nonviable.
    But it does really screw over people who could use gems rewards to craft runes.

I'll call this a fail for DB
    itirnitii wrote: »

All I am asking is that if the event is truly not meant to be competitive, the devs should do everything in their power to resonate that in their programming. Capping the leaderboard (just like with crowns at 10,500) would do just that.

Nah. The whole idea of Invasion and revamped Guild events is to increase the importance of guilds in the game, to foster a tighter sense of community among the players. The original Guild Games were a start, but too infrequent. The weekly guild competition is no longer viable for that, for reasons outlined above, and because the actual competition has been nerfed- virtually everyone can get 10.5k now if they have players that actually play.

So, you have a Guild Games, which is competitive, and a Invasion, which they claim is not.

But, *by design* it is and it isn't. Because part of fostering guild cohesion is fostering competition between guilds. Invasions with a capped leaderboard will not satisfy this.
    But Invasions with a competitive reward system occurring once every month or so will probably be too excessive.

This is a middle road, giving lower level guilds something to pull together for, but giving higher ranked guilds a chance to compete- *if* they want, not for rewards, but for bragging rights.

Seems the right balance to me, I'd say this is a win for DB.

• This is all nice, but when will we get emails/hinting on the forums or just basic info about the new character?

Try asking again in 2 hours. Third times the charm!
  • Joel wrote: »
    As with the prior Boss Invasion event, the leaderboards exist to give guilds a way to track their progress over the course of the event, but the payouts are based on point thresholds, not rankings.

Regarding this.....why is a leaderboard necessary for a guild to track its process....a guild could simply be displayed their own guilds total without the totals of every other guild on a leaderboard. Of course if you have a leaderboard it is going to drive guilds to be competitive. So now you have guilds competing in an event that is supposed to be non competitive. The only thing that is happening is they aren't being rewarded for it
  • I'm fairly disappointed with the amount of notice. I took this week away from my guild, as I had some work commitments earlier this week. Now I'm guildless until reset, with a guild event about to start. Fun.
  • You just need to get into a guild before the end of the event to contribute and collect.
  • Yes, I guess it depends on how it's structured. But if there are daily quests it means my resources are going towards a random guild, instead of my proper guild, and my random guild is not likely to rank well. The devs know people move around after reset, I can't imagine why they thought doing this before reset without notice was a good idea.
  • 1 week sounds about right to inform about a significant event, especially for events which start mid-week (ie. Thursday). Gives the guild some time to respond and start checking on members before Sunday and do any changeovers on Sunday. Not rushed.

Also, one week to collect resources to possibly spend. It feels better to go into an event somewhat prepared rather than naked.
  • Let's put this to rest there where 2 winners of the last boss invasion LC who had an unbelievable high score that must of cost them a fortune to get and me for getting to watch them do it.so congratulations to LC and myself hopefully you can get doped into winning again #keep the leaderboard
  • RenlyRenly Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    FatCat69 wrote: »
    Year and a half. What’s planned for mid April 2019?

Sorting?
    IGN: Renly
    DB Guru | OG Potato | Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne

“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.”
    ― A.A. Milne

• No no. That's planned for April 4628472738488288.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • I'm doing the math so far. It really looks like maybe only 3 to 5 guilds will be able to get to 2.5 Million for the rune. If it is not supposed to be a competition as DB keeps saying. Why make the rune award so exclusive?
    GalakSS
  • It is a good rune. If not, settle for the corrupted heart and craft it.

(A few) Boosts are a definite to reach 2.5m. Another reason to announce the event early so that we can save up on gems (and resources).
  • LafooteLafoote Member
    edited October 2017
    I'm far more concerned with 20 tokens stashed behind an insurmountable Dungeon than with the lead notice. By comparison, I've beaten today's 'lvl 70' Boss Island dungeon repeatedly since last night, and I can't even finish Shadow Throne. It seems like you'll need really crazy 'Superior' runes in your monsters to beat Shadow Throne, and having made 60 yesterday, I don't really have the access them. The difficulty scaling is a little harsh at my level, and I would guess at lower levels as well.
  • Lafoote wrote: »
    I'm far more concerned with 20 tokens stashed behind an insurmountable Dungeon than with the lead notice. By comparison, I've beaten today's 'lvl 70' Boss Island dungeon repeatedly since last night, and I can't even finish Shadow Throne. It seems like you'll need really crazy 'Superior' runes in your monsters to beat Shadow Throne, and having made 60 yesterday, I don't really have the access them. The difficulty scaling is a little harsh at my level, and I would guess at lower levels as well.

Last time it was significantly easier for all sub level 70 players relatively. If you're struggling now, the defense boost should help substantially which most competing guilds will receive at 3cst today.
  • I think Matt has the right idea. Once your guild has hit the 120 mark on completions, the def buff will open up all event dungeons to players who previously may have been struggling.

• kalamadea wrote: »
    I think Matt has the right idea. Once your guild has hit the 120 mark on completions, the def buff will open up all event dungeons to players who previously may have been struggling.

The Second dungeon is much more easily 3 starable, but the 3rd dungeon just laughs at my team of Hopper, Marrow, Mangle Jaw, and Solaris.

• Lafoote wrote: »
    kalamadea wrote: »
    I think Matt has the right idea. Once your guild has hit the 120 mark on completions, the def buff will open up all event dungeons to players who previously may have been struggling.

The Second dungeon is much more easily 3 starable, but the 3rd dungeon just laughs at my team of Hopper, Marrow, Mangle Jaw, and Solaris.

Do you have Igorok? I'm using Marrow, Solaris, Igorok and Koros. Ig and Koros are doing the bulk of the damage, while Sol and Marrow give boosts and keep them healthy.

Bear n mind, not all events are going to be doable by all players at all levels. Its always been that way.
  • I was only able to three-star the final dungeon by using an all monster team with Igorok and his epic @lvl 6. I had to use three elixirs and summon Emily for 4 friends.
  • This event is a wayyyy better event than PvP Guild Games, that event stunk.
    IGN: MatadorGKilla
    Level 60 (might forget to update)
    Scrub in: Guildless right now lol.
    My internet is back, I don't think anyone cares anyways.
  • farfellafarfella Member
    edited October 2017
    This event is a wayyyy better event than PvP Guild Games, that event stunk.

Are you joking? I loved that one, It got me into legend for the first time, and inspired me to say there! No quests! It was awesome! I liked that one way better.
    Post edited by farfella on
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • farfella wrote: »
    This event is a wayyyy better event than PvP Guild Games, that event stunk.

Are you joking? I loved that one, It got me into legend for the first time, and inspired me to say there! No quests! It was awesome! I lik that one way better.

"Different people like different things" - Every Piece of S*** In The World.
  • GBI for solaris is way better than this one. You have to sink in more resources than before for a payout that is less.
  • nunya wrote: »
    I loathed this event. It came too close on the heels of the last event. It arose with very little warning. It was monotonous. And, it was a blatant cash grab.

We are losing some of our best players because of this lovely event. I do hope the momentary gain makes up for the long term losses. :(

I do agree that this event came far too early without anyone even knowing, which is a problem on the devs hands.
    Every other event, they gave a notice and it took a while for events like this to come. If this keeps up, it looks like we'll be getting a BI every month or so which isn't enough time to build up resources (especially if you're a F2P player.)
  • Why do you all act surprised at events popping up without warning ? This company is about making money,that’s it ! $$$ 1st, then more $$$, then some $$$. Somewhere near the VERY bottom are your concerns. Sorry, but that’s the truth. You won’t be missed & life will go on.
  • MatadorGKilaMatadorGKila Member
    edited October 2017
    Bloth wrote: »
    Why do you all act surprised at events popping up without warning ? This company is about making money,that’s it ! $$$ 1st, then more $$$, then some $$$. Somewhere near the VERY bottom are your concerns. Sorry, but that’s the truth. You won’t be missed & life will go on.

That mindset will cause the game to die out, like HonorBound.
    Not caring about your players is bullsh*t and is the recipe of death for a game.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that you said "You won't be missed & life will go on.". That's some flawed logic you got there, if half the players just quit because of the developers not caring, would you say the same thing then? HonorBound and Monster Legends was a game that I really loved, and because of ignorant devs and toxic players, both of the games completely died, literally the top 500 players in the world of both games quit forever. I really don't want to lose this game as well because of ignorant developers and people like you who do not give a sh*t about the game's players. Flag this all you want, it doesn't matter to me.
    Post edited by MatadorGKila on