Boss Invasion: Monstrous Assault! (Plus IGOROK Changes!)

JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
ybvfbxkylnjf.png

The Lich and his spooky minions are haunting some extremely scary dungeons! Work together with your guild to take them down and earn awesome rewards!

If you're going to take down this terrifying Boss, you'll want to enlist the help of the newest hero, Marrow the Light Monster! You can read all about him HERE.
  • You start with all three event dungeon unlocked and an amount of Courage. Enter event dungeons, smash enemies. Smashing enemies will earn Guild Points. The Guild Point payouts at the end of the event are based on thresholds, not rankings. The leaderboards allow you to keep track of how much your guild has earned and where you stand compared to other guilds, but all that matters for your rewards is your score, not your rank! Tap the "Rewards" button when viewing the Guild Ranking leaderboard to see the different thresholds and rewards!
  • The third event dungeon cannot be run without unlocking the new hero, Marrow. It only takes 10 tokens to unlock him, which you can earn from quests and purchases.
  • Get more Courage from quests and/or purchases. Smash more enemies in the process.
  • Do daily quests daily for Marrow tokens and to help your guild unlock a special Monster combat boost for the next day. This leaderboard is also threshold based: Your guild needs to complete the quest 120 times in total to unlock the boost. This will involve smashing more enemies.
  • You can unlock a stamina dungeon from a repeatable quest that has lots of tokens and loot in it! Unlock and run that one and smash those enemies if you want to.
  • The event ends at 11pm CST on Sunday night, and ticket rewards will be sent out shortly after that point. You can spend the tickets until 3pm CST Tuesday. Do not smash event tickets, as it's not terribly productive, they are already flat.

This follows the format of the last Boss Invasion event, but has a few changes:
  • Unlocking event dungeons is no longer based on Guild Points. You start with all three unlocked, but can't run the third without Marrow, but he only takes 10 tokens, so it shouldn't be too difficult :)
  • Running the event dungeons with Marrow will give you bonus Guild Points! The higher his star level, the bigger the bonus!

In addition, IGOROK has unleashed his more MONSTROUS tendencies, resulting in the following changes:

Tags Changes: IGOROK is now a Monster!
Stat Changes:+DEF, +HP, -ATK, -SKL

Traits:
  • Freeze Immune removed!
  • Polar Master removed!
  • NEW - Insulated Woolies – Immune to Freeze, Chill, Frostbite
Abilities and Ascensions:
  • BASIC ATTACK -> SNOWY SMASH – Physical Melee attack on target that chills if nothing, frostbites if chilled, freezes if frostbitten.

Next Ascension:

New Trait!
  • MONSTROUS PRESENCE – When on a team with IGOROK, all Monsters take reduced damage per debuff on the attacker. Allied Monsters can’t be retaliated against.
New Ability!
  • ARCTIC RUSH -> FROSTBITE TAUNT – Forces enemies to target single attacks on this hero and applies Frostbite to the attacker, starts powered.

Next Ascension:

New Trait!
  • UNNATURAL FEAR – Immune to fear and chance to fear beasts on attack.
New Ability!
  • REFLECTING TAUNT -> ARCTIC ASSAULT – Melee Water Rampage attack on target and 2 random enemies that increases greatly on a Chilled or Frozen target.
Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
www.bossfightentertainment.com
Post edited by Joel on
Tagged:

Comments

• whoa, IGOROK seems really cool now
  • amazing! I love the IGOROK rework
  • @Joel It seems like all 3 dungeons are unlocked already for me. You said 2 at first right?
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    @Joel It seems like all 3 dungeons are unlocked already for me. You said 2 at first right?

Sorry, I slightly misspoke: All three are "unlocked" from the start, but you can't RUN the third dungeon without Marrow. I've edited the original post to reflect this.
  • Joel wrote: »
    shiggity80 wrote: »
    @Joel It seems like all 3 dungeons are unlocked already for me. You said 2 at first right?

Sorry, I slightly misspoke: All three are "unlocked" from the start, but you can't RUN the third dungeon without Marrow. I've edited the original post to reflect this.

Ah, i see.
    Thanks!
  • The two poles don't have a master anymore
    That's sad
  • Hmm - skeletons are not undead?
    Sockless wrote: »
    Hmm - skeletons are not undead?

Nope! The ones in there are LIVING Dead, which is mostly dead, but still a little bit alive. ;)
  • The Monty Python jokes just keep coming....
    "I'm not dead yet!"

• Aim a lvl 70 player playing dungeon boss for 2 and a half years and again u make dungeons so hard that i cant even beat the first one it's frustrating and disappointing that i won't even try to participate in this event.
    Sockless wrote: »
    The Monty Python jokes just keep coming....
    "I'm not dead yet!"

Not quite.

ga4ooo2 wrote: »
    Aim a lvl 70 player playing dungeon boss for 2 and a half years and again u make dungeons so hard that i cant even beat the first one it's frustrating and disappointing that i won't even try to participate in this event.

Have you tried using a Monster team?
  • ga4ooo2 wrote: »
    Aim a lvl 70 player playing dungeon boss for 2 and a half years and again u make dungeons so hard that i cant even beat the first one it's frustrating and disappointing that i won't even try to participate in this event.

FANTASTIC! It's about time we get some challenging dungeons. Thanks @Joel! Sincerely.
  • dvd54407 wrote: »

FANTASTIC! It's about time we get some challenging dungeons. Thanks @Joel! Sincerely.

Not that challenging at least they could give us one dungeon from 3 to be a little bit easier
  • Sigh, no hopper or koros. Guess I have to work with IGOROK, mangle, phenol and phemus. :(
  • joel can we get ferno heroic summon?
    dvd54407 wrote: »

Not that challenging at least they could give us one dungeon from 3 to be a little bit easier

I dunno, I feel like the first dungeon is signifincantly easier than the last one with the Lich King.
  • The IGOROK rework has been necessary for a while now and the wait is definitely worth it, any chance of Takumi, Balog or Sifu getting future changes?
    Current Wishlist: Solaris.

Free agent.

Buff Takumi, Balog and Alexandros.
  • Joel wrote: »

I did and lost tried different combos. win 1 time but to do that i used my revive potion, 2 ability potions, friend heroe, potion that revives all heroes when they all die. I die all the time against life reaper brom.
    Joel wrote: »

I did and lost tried different combos. win 1 time but to do that i used my revive potion, 2 ability potions, friend heroe, potion that revives all heroes when they all die. I die all the time against life reaper brom.

Try: Hopper, Koros, Igo, Marrow. You gotta have greater or better runes on them too.
  • danacdanac Member
    [*] The event ends at 11pm CST on Sunday night, and ticket rewards will be sent out shortly after that point. You can spend the tickets until 3pm CST Tuesday. Do not smash event tickets, as it's not terribly productive, they are already flat.

So is glass.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »

Try: Hopper, Koros, Igo, Marrow. You gotta have greater or better runes on them too.

I used hopper, koros, igorok, dont have marrow i used mangle jaw, than changed hopper to phenol
  • The announcement above says that the event ends at Sunday 11pm CST, but I just got an in-game mail saying it ends at 12am instead. Which is correct?
  • Marrow takes 10tokens to unlock if you complete 4 of the kill 50 dudes with monsters quest you unlock him, run infinite army with your monsters. Then attempt the event with him in tow and reap the rewards :)
    11pm CST is correct. We will be sending a mail with a correction.
  • Can we talk about this Cash Grab? I mean I under stand its a company and you have to make money but wow.
  • DB: okay this is an event. Here is a new hero and some quests.

Players: Cash grab

DB: wait wtf it's just some quests and a hero

Players: Its bad

DB: I mean come on all it really is is some stuff to do and a new toon...

Players: its bad.
    Awesome Farfella guy up there was created by jackhallow666^!!!
    Also, go gorgons!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Living Dead passive...

...That would be perfect on Zomm... and perhaps Zomm could make all other Undead allies Living Dead...

...And Halloween would be the perfect time for an Undead Team Rework...!

Guys!!
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Hansuke
    Currently: Waiting for new PvE content and the PvP revamp.
  • Awesome event so far! Way to go devs! :)
  • Question about the whole boosted attack and HP on monsters with Marrow for the event. Is the boost based on the stars and ascensions of Marrow, or each individual monster? @Joel
    Beware dirt everywhere of your doom, for I am Life Reaper Broom