Gems

The gem tab is missing from shop and I cant buy gems
Tagged:

Comments

• JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    This sometimes happens if your device is having trouble connecting to your app store. Sometimes it will appear a few minutes later, if not, double check your connection settings.
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    It’s a trap. I just got this special offer

shw2hs2jjloh.png

The gem tab gives you a lot more for your money.

jzc17ypyfqn5.png

Wait for the gem tab to appear.
  • thats because youre vip 10 dude. you get like double gems dont you?
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    thats because youre vip 10 dude. you get like double gems dont you?

Busted, They tempt me. They tempt me and I shall have it! I'll chase gems 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round Perdition's flames before I give them up!
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    It's funny. I'm almost VIP 10 myself (most of it was from last year, I've almost stopped spending entirely), and I don't even use those gem deals because most of the time, I just wait for the REAL deals. Like that $9.99 for 10 heroic summons.

The gem deals, even with the VIP bonuses and sale bonuses, are hardly ever worth it.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • ClaraRClaraR Member
    edited November 7
    Why have the gems changed actually from 5 gems to 3 gems for each daily quest?!05nn4xs2bwje.png

• ClaraR wrote: »
    Why have the gems changed actually from 5 gems to 3 gems for each daily quest?!05nn4xs2bwje.png

If you do 1,500 of those quests you'll be able to afford a single shop rune! At 5 quests a day it'll only take you 300 days to save up. And if you think about it you really only need 400 runes total... so that's like 333 years of just doing those 5 easy quests.

It'll be here before you know it.
  • ClaraR wrote: »

Wow that's obnoxious. I didn't even catch that. Another dig at FTP I guess, wherever the purse strings can be tightened they will be.
    centralcommand
  • To fit the new changes the tower should be reduced to 60%. 165 gems seems fair. I wouldn’t call it a nerf because it’s more in line with what the devs originally intended.

Call it an early Christmas gift :wink:
  • The really sad part is it's actually 2.51 gems per quest now but it shows as 3 gems since it's rounding up.
  • Bump. @Joel response please?
  • shiggity80shiggity80 Member
    edited November 7
    Joel wrote: »
    We reduced the gem payouts for daily quests, but have increased their gold payout by twice the value of amount of the gems that have been removed, so in an absolute sense, the payouts have increased, but yes, the gem payouts have decreased.

You probably can't answer this, but why? You guys have already made so many cuts and devaluation of gems that it makes me wonder what good does giving what, 6-10 less gems a day, do? Just makes you guys look even more greedy.
  • shiggity80 wrote: »
    Joel wrote: »
    We reduced the gem payouts for daily quests, but have increased their gold payout by twice the value of amount of the gems that have been removed, so in an absolute sense, the payouts have increased, but yes, the gem payouts have decreased.

You probably can't answer this, but why? You guys have already made so many cuts and devaluation of gems that it makes me wonder what good does giving what, 6-10 less gems a day, do? Just make you guys look even more greedy.

Agree. This is such a ridiculously low number of gems that it serves no function but to make DB look bad. As Matt pointed out above, using these quests to get even a single rune would take so long that the quests might as well not exist. If you were already spending money, you’ll continue spending the same amount. If you weren’t already spending money, you’ll barely even feel the difference in number of gems you earn, so you aren’t going to be tempted to buy any to make up for it.

I can’t find even the slightest bit of logic in this. I can’t even be mad about it, because it literally doesn’t matter to how anyone plays the game.
    edited November 7
    This might sound backwards, but I was actually MORE willing to spend money on this game when the game was more generous. When I can accumulate resources in a reasonable F2P way, it makes me want to use those resources more, which leads me to needing more resources sooner, which leads me to being ok with making a purchase here or there because I'm happy to support a game that provided a generous means of attaining resources in the first place.

But now, you guys are almost forcing us (not literally of course) to either be completely F2P or buy terribly valued deals/packages. This makes me NOT want to spend anything ever.
  • Hahahahaha! Omg @Joel. More gold? Yay!

So they added gold-based raid ticket refreshes and the ability to craft runes with gold instead of gems too, right?
  • Please increase gold cap because i feel with this double gold i'm going to be hitting it a lot faster
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Very weird change.
  • KashHatton wrote: »
    So... how many gems will you let me buy for my 100,000,000 gold?

None?

Ah.. OK.

We aren't stupid enough to believe that the amount of gold given is even remotely equivalent to the gems lost in any practical sense.

If you want to nerf the rewards, just do it. Stop treating the player base like idiots. You're just pouring salt on the wound.

I too was confused about his comment about gold vs gems, but then I looked in the shop and you can buy 10,000 gold for 10 gems. That's 1,000 gold per gem.

So we lose 2 gems, but get 5,000 gold. WOW, that is so nice of them. -_-
    edited November 7
    So what's our total daily gem acquisition from daily quests now. I think it used to be 55 total before this nerf. Now it'll be like 45?

Edit: Forgot to mention that 25 of those gems from dailies are supposed to be part of the "300" gems from the tower.
  • NullNull Member
    L O L It's like they are taking plays directly from "How To Kill All Player Goodwill For Dummies". I do like this new game we get to play of find the stealth changes in the game to call them out here though.

Cue 2 randoms to swoop in and say how everything is going great! Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!
  • I think they hired an intern who pitched this as an idea

10 gems from each player a day * 10000 players = 100,000 gems
    20k gems = $100 (no sale price)
    that will increase spending by $500 a day! That's 180k+ a year.

The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • I hope they do the same thing with the Tower of Pwnage. Would be great to get a million gold a day instead of 300 gems.
  • Another, albeit minor, kick in the teeth to end game players.. I have 300 million gold and probably the same amount of heroic summons (who can tell?). Sitting there doing nothing.

Gems are the only thing that gives end game players some flexibility - PvP raids, crafting runes...

I would love @Joel or another blue to make a comment on how they see end game players.
    ---
    Wasi | The Potato Army
  • inhumans99inhumans99 Member
    edited November 7
    Would you chowderheads stop giving DB ideas.
  • bvs72bvs72 Member
    Gem quests were nerfed?!?! What does nerf even mean?