New Question & Answer Process Replaces Weekly DB Guild Summits

Hi Everyone,

The weekly DB Guild Summits provided an unprecedented opportunity for the player community to engage the DB Team directly, through some months when the game needed it most. We appreciate the time Eej (and Dillon) spent on LINE those weekends, and during the week, discussing, researching and answering our questions. Although the development team no longer has the resources to continue regular communication in such a direct manner, they have offered to establish a new process to answer the community's questions, in a Question & Answer (Q&A) format.

In this new Q&A process, questions will be generated in the "DB Q&A" LINE chat (formerly the Summit Debate Group, or SDG, chat) and then submitted weekly to the DB team. After the developers have researched the questions, answers will be posted here on the DB Forum, and communicated back to the LINE chat as well. This will allow the community to continue to discuss DB issues in real-time, as well as provide and receive feedback to the DB team about current events in the game. The DB Guild Summit chat will not be part of this process, but will remain in its current form in case of future need.

Unlike the Summits, which were limited to GM +2 per guild, the DB Q&A chat is open to all serious participants. The same rules of common respect and appropriate behavior as here on the Forum are expected in the LINE chat. If you would like to join the DB Q&A chat--and don't already know someone there who can invite you--you may contact a member of the Summit Admin team, via our LINE IDs listed below.

Please let us know if you have questions about the new process. Thanks to everyone who has participated in both the Summit and SDG discussions--our feedback continues to help the game improve! :)

DB Summit Admins:
D-Rodd - LINE ID "drodd"
Soza - LINE ID "sozaclaudette"
Tim - LINE ID "pcg0d" (with a zero)

Comments

• pcg0dpcg0d Member
    Thanks for posting this.
    9gJSaHl.gif
  • Appreciate this
  • When will these start being posted?
  • sirolk99 wrote: »
    When will these start being posted?

The plan is for the questions to be sent to the DB Team on Mondays, pending volume and urgency.
  • Thank you!
  • Will there be Polls for which questions will be submitted?
  • Dragon wrote: »
    Will there be Polls for which questions will be submitted?

No need for polls, all feedback is welcome and will be considered regardless. :)

• JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    D_Rodd wrote: »
    Although the development team no longer has the resources to continue regular communication

Well now, that's concerning. Does that explain the recent onslaught of gem deals and the ramping up of daily gem prices?
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • D_Rodd wrote: »
    Although the development team no longer has the resources to continue regular communication

Well now, that's concerning. Does that explain the recent onslaught of gem deals and the ramping up of daily gem prices?

I think it means Eej has something better to do on Saturday
  • Alecat97 wrote: »
    D_Rodd wrote: »

I think it means Eej has something better to do on Saturday

It also seems to mean that now DB can surprise us with these updates and catch everyone off guard.
  • Thank you for answering, D_Rodd
  • I wondered how long actual interaction with the player base would last.

Now it's just a suggestion box sent to a committee.
    KashHatton
  • Skip_HolmesSkip_Holmes Member
    edited November 7
    Totally reasonable that it takes months to post a brief Q and A thread. At this rate, any potential answers given will already have become irrelevant by the time we see them.
  • Totally reasonable that it takes months to post a brief Q and A thread. At this rate, any potential answers given will already have become irrelevant by the time we see them.

Kinda like the MK nerf?

Q1 2017 - Community demanded that MK needed a nerf!
    Q4 2017 - Devs made MK irrelevant
  • @shiggity80 caredul there, some folks don't even acknowledge the word nerf applying to matsura
  • danacdanac Member
    @shiggity80 caredul there, some folks don't even acknowledge the word nerf applying to matsura

It doesn't. It's more a slinky than a nerf.
  • Hey everyone, there has been an official request for me to moderate another Summit. The info gathered from this summit will be reviewed and considered by the devs. I do have some rules similar to Eej's: We will follow (mic) when needed. This summit is to get info back to the devs on what they need to do to improve the game. Complaints are welcome, but for every complaint please offer a suggestion on how to fix it. Constructive criticism is good; straight criticism is not helpful. We will cover a range of topics (I will post in the next day or two), but it will be "what didn't you like" and "what did you like" I intend to keep things moving to get as much feedback as possible. Hope to see you all there!
  • @Ironogre
    Another summit?!
    Defs will be part of it?! Any rules/frames? Will we get an update to the former discussions topics?! What has happened?! How things are running?!
    For example portal counter, new aerher heroes, compensations for event skins that are already in possession of a member, new vip hero (only vip), heroic portal/gems choosing for weekly rewards ...
    The list is known and much longer ... just to clarify: what's new? What's needed? What are the updates?
  • JackHallow666JackHallow666 Member, Dungeon Boss Guru, Volunteer Moderator
    Devs: We're not doing summits anymore.
    Also devs: But we're still going to hold summits.
    Level: 70
    Favorite hero: Bovus
    Favorite element: Nature
    Currently: Trying to max out Epics
  • It sounds like the developers aren't the ones conducting the Summit. They've asked a player to do it, and will later "review[]" and "consider[]" what is discussed. Correct me if I'm wrong, @Ironogre .
  • JoelJoel Member, Administrator, Moderator, Boss Fight
    I'm still waiting on @D_Rodd and others to get me their questions so I can answer them, but they haven't gotten anything to me. :/
    I did not ask @Ironogre to do anything, but if he's interested in hosting a summit and passing things along to us, we will indeed consider the results that are passed along to us. :)
    Joel | Community Manager | Boss Fight Entertainment
    www.bossfightentertainment.com
  • So efficient thus far
  • Joel wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on @D_Rodd and others to get me their questions so I can answer them, but they haven't gotten anything to me. :/
    I did not ask @Ironogre to do anything, but if he's interested in hosting a summit and passing things along to us, we will indeed consider the results that are passed along to us. :)

No need to have summit. please visit below link

http://forum.dungeonboss.com/categories/feature-requests-and-game-suggestions
    The EMPIRE :: The Aegis of Athena
    KuK1uXt.png
  • Can I ask a question here? What hammers and loot keys for?
    Current Level: 70
    Proud Member of the Potato Family
    "We should have more tags."
    Favorite Hero: Bauble
  • Meet me in the Trade Portal and I'll tell ya
  • @Joel here’s a question. What happened to the stamina packs that used to be available for purchase ?
    nunya
  • I suspect they're being stored in the back, on a shelf next to the $3 gem subscription.
  • @Joel
    There is a big interesting note with 27. Questions in Q&A chat ... waiting for answers ...
  • So... did this just... not happen?
  • @coneyK it was just to pacify us anyway. :(
    nunya